It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Planning to Burn Peshmerga Forces Alive Like Jordanian Pilot + video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I should have used a more suitable example. But yes I stand corrected

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: MOMof3

We created this mess. I feel it is our duty as human beings to at least try and clean some of it up.

Agreed! Any critical thinking person could see this would happen. The US and it allies created a void, a power vacuum when we pulled out and this is what moved in. Who would have thunk? You destabilize a nation and leave it's people defenseless the predators and vultures will start circling. Humanity especially the west has an obligation to do something... Along with a formal apology to the people suffering, from our leaders for being so narrow minded and ignorant to the way the world works.

Exactly. I remember talking about it at work back in 2005. All I got was blank stares because they didn't understand the tribal history of the region. They just assumed that our governments knew best and would make it all better.

One guy even mocked me for what I was saying... Who's laughing now? Sorry to say, not me. This was a tragic, inevitable outcome.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
rudaw.net...

I'm really unhappy to see this. 70 relatives of the captive Peshmerga demonstrated to ask their local council to negotiate their release. The council seems to agree it's necessary.

“We have no option but to start negotiations with ISIS to exchange captives. We have their captives and they have ours. Negotiation is they only moral way to deal with this,“ Jabouri said.

It's so unfortunate that they are even considering considering IS' morality. The captives are likely already dead (this seems to be their hostage track record), and the Kurds who negotiate a handover could end up the next round of captives.

It also would mean we'd be looking at the release of IS prisoners who are held by the Peshmerga in 'exchange'.

I know some of our other allies (I'm looking at you, ITALY.) have no problem making swaps, but to see the Kurds forced into this position makes me ill. They have no other resources to negotiate with.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Even the best get grabbed on occasion, the kurds are quite good but they are not seals/sas etc.

Plus, the kurds are wildly outclassed equipment wise and they still hold there own and sometimes take land from ISIS.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
rudaw.net...

I'm really unhappy to see this. 70 relatives of the captive Peshmerga demonstrated to ask their local council to negotiate their release. The council seems to agree it's necessary.

“We have no option but to start negotiations with ISIS to exchange captives. We have their captives and they have ours. Negotiation is they only moral way to deal with this,“ Jabouri said.

It's so unfortunate that they are even considering considering IS' morality. The captives are likely already dead (this seems to be their hostage track record), and the Kurds who negotiate a handover could end up the next round of captives.

It also would mean we'd be looking at the release of IS prisoners who are held by the Peshmerga in 'exchange'.

I know some of our other allies (I'm looking at you, ITALY.) have no problem making swaps, but to see the Kurds forced into this position makes me ill. They have no other resources to negotiate with.

I read that yesterday also. Cant imagine what the families are going through. Imagine knowing your family member is a captive of ISIS. Knowing what their fate will be.
All accounts I have read refer to them being 'abducted', like they were not captured on the battlefield while surrendering.

Not that semantics really make any difference to the poor souls in ISIS custody.

I just wonder how it went down. The Peshmerga are fully aware of the horror that awaits if captured.
I have seen some female soldiers interviewed saying they will kill themselves first if possible.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join