It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Planning to Burn Peshmerga Forces Alive Like Jordanian Pilot + video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I also don't feel the majority of the Muslims really condemn the beliefs of these so called extremists.
I will find and paste this Muslim who states just that. Give me a few minutes.

Basically in reality, I see no way out of a full blown global war. It is what the power brokers on both sides ultimately want and I see little chance of anyone stopping their ultimate goal.

I agree, that the majority don't care, just like Obama they will stand with fellow Muslims.
edit on 122828p://bSaturday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of seeing our young men and women on television coming home with no arms, no legs, burned off faces and hands, traumatic brain injuries, blindness, and spinal cord injuries.

I'm tired of fighting other people's wars. They need to do it themselves. It's the only way.

I think our final action over there should be to arm the Kurds to the teeth, train them and get out altogether.

Instead we are training Iraqi's again. What's the definition of stupid? Doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I'm 100% behind arming and training the kurds, put them on equal footing equipment wise and I'll take the kurds 10 times out of 10.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I'm 100% behind arming and training the kurds, put them on equal footing equipment wise and I'll take the kurds 10 times out of 10.

Me tool. One of the fighters was using a gun made in 1941. It made me sick. Think what they could do even with the machine guns our "gangstas" have.

God be with them. It makes me sick.

eta: I can't believe I said that. I can't stand the thought of a machine gun being used on any human being. Not even IS. I wish there was no such thing as a machine gun. I need to go play with my dogs now, I think. : (
edit on 2/14/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
I found that video and added it to my previous post.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

We now have ground troops. Give the Kurds all they need. I agree I am sick of seeing our best and finest coming home with all sort of problems.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

And Judy, we pay them practically nothing. The most dangerous job on the planet, and we pay them jack squat for it. Another thing that pisses me off.

But ya know, I once heard Beezer say "my opinion amounts to (passing gas) in a tornado". Nada. Not a thing I can do.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I know that your heart is in the right place. This mess was already there, but controlled. We took out the control blocks like a game of jenga. I don't think more american casualties, more trillions, more weapons for the Iraqi military is going make one bit of difference. It is time to think of our country now, and reward our citizens for enduring this mess, and surviving a great financial crash. They should turn to their God now to save them, since that is what they live and die by.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If it was the goal of the puppet masters to win this and get out I could justify our troops coming home mutilated or with a flag draped over them.
To me they have shown time and time again that they have an agenda to fulfill and winning is not on that agenda.

Why have they not already armed supposed allies like the Kurds. We let them get slaughtered after the 1st gulf war by Saddam, and still to this day don't support them in any real way.

It is all some sick game orchestrated by untouchables with honorable people like the Peshmerga being used as cannon fodder.
It is nothing less than pure evil.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I hear ya.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

YUP, they are still fighting the crusades.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wait, when were these guys captured, Last i heard on here the Peshmerga were awesome and were kicking ISIS arse.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I'm sick and tired of seeing our young men and women on television coming home with no arms, no legs, burned off faces and hands, traumatic brain injuries, blindness, and spinal cord injuries.

I'm tired of fighting other people's wars. They need to do it themselves. It's the only way.

I think our final action over there should be to arm the Kurds to the teeth, train them and get out altogether.

Instead we are training Iraqi's again. What's the definition of stupid? Doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result?

That’s all fine and good. Why didn’t that logic come into the Bush invasion that started all this.

Once you crack the egg one can’t cry when they get wet

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: MOMof3

We created this mess. I feel it is our duty as human beings to at least try and clean some of it up.

Agreed! Any critical thinking person could see this would happen. The US and it allies created a void, a power vacuum when we pulled out and this is what moved in. Who would have thunk? You destabilize a nation and leave it's people defenseless the predators and vultures will start circling. Humanity especially the west has an obligation to do something... Along with a formal apology to the people suffering, from our leaders for being so narrow minded and ignorant to the way the world works.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I am not going to apologize for something I fought very hard against. From the beginning. I NEVER understood why we attacked Iraq when it was Saudi's who attacked the towers on 9/11. No one would listen to the other side of this at the time, we lousy liberals. Congress, including Hilary Clinton should apologize for voting for it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Religion of peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That was after 911. Everybody here in the U.S. was so completely freaked out after 911, we did the best we could given our circumstances. We were attacked on our on soil. That doesn't fly here.

This is another group, wanting to impose a caliphate around the globe. It shouldn't be compared to what happened after 911. Two different scenarios.

Besides Will, we have spent billions upon billions supplying weaponry and providing training at the cost of many American lives. When is enough, enough? Recently when the Iraqi's dropped their weapons, which we paid for, and ran, I felt a change in me. I was done.

Once you crack the egg one can’t cry when they get wet

I understand. I just don't understand how you blame this wet egg on the war after 911. I think in retrospect, as a whole, Americans regret that war. Regret removing Saddam. He was vile, but at least Iraq was semi-controlled.

This one, we can avert. And we are there in fact. Those air raids in Yeman were under U.S. command. We are all over the place over there, just not hand-hand combat. But it's coming unfortunately. If that's what you want. If I could stop it, I would.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Sorry it too so long to reply. I know I have a son that was in the military. I think when they are in combat they get more money but when they are not they are just above poverty level so they cannot draw any government assistance.

Bring them home let the Middle East take care of itself. Those people don't understand anything but force and we are not like that. Bring our people home.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

stosh64

I always try to tell them that it is not that speaker that we are inviting who has these 'extreme radical views,' as you say. These are general views that every Muslim actually has.
Every Muslim believes in these things. Just because they are not telling you about it, or just because they are not out there in the media, doesn't mean that they don't believe in them.”

A quote from the video; "every Muslim believes these things",

Maybe Charlie or someone else can clarify the comments made in this video.

The speaker is suggesting that the common muslim who accepts the Quran & hadith and any reference to punishments within them, is actually the normal belief by all muslims, and don't belong to a certain mindset of people (extremists), nor does accepting those laws make you one.

In saying that.. There is no link between divine law regarding punishments stated in the Quran and groups like Isis who claim to be followers of Islam. Saying 'yes' to divine revelation in the Quran, does NOT = support for Isis and their methodology and ideology.

1.7 billion muslims don't accept the salafi ideology. But the media paints salafi ideology as an 'extreme' form of sunni islam. This is like saying Christians & Catholics must share the same beliefs because they both read the bible.

Salafis aka Wahhabis are known to be extreme in both their interpretations of Quran and their actions. This extremism is not because they are 'strict' followers, it is because they are misrepresenting the true teachings of Islam by going against 1400 years of unchanged belief in Islamic belief and methodology. Followers of this Ideology would number about 10 million, compared to 1.7 billion muslims who oppose their views.

As with any subject matter being studied in Islam, scholars gather all evidence (verses & hadith) pertaining to the subject matter to get the whole, true genuine understanding of what is being revealed, to whom & why. Also note, not all sins/crimes committed are automatically punished for, as forgiveness & mercy are also a command for those who seek forgiveness for their actions.

Verses in the Quran can be explicit for all, while other verses or events that are revealed were directed to a particular time, place or group of people. Todays Sunni scholars use the tafsir (exegesis) of former classic scholars that goes back in an unbroken chain to the prophet pbuh himself.

However Salafis follow the teachings from Ibn taymiyya (800 years after the prophet), and Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1200 years after). So the belief in Allah itself is vastly different. Interpretation of Jihad is only 1 aspect of their extreme interpretations.

They (isis) also ignore verses where Allah states that it is better to forgive then punish, if those who committed the sins are willing to repent and change their ways. Isis also carry out punishments like the 'burning' which is not permissible in Islam. Islam forbids the burning of people alive, and even the burning of trees and vegetation. There are rules in warfare (no innocent, elderly, women or children to be harmed). All in which Isis ignore.

Sorry if I went of topic, but I had to add that information as I feel what was being asked was: is there a link between the common muslims accepting extreme groups but not openly saying it. (No is the clear answer).
edit on 14-2-2015 by Ihsaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ihsaan

This is like saying Christians & Catholics must share the same beliefs because they both read the bible.

Actually, we do share the same beliefs. Catholics have a Pope, and pray to Mary and the Saints, whereas we pray directly to God. That's about the only significant difference. We all get along just fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join