It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Against Happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Seems like you aren't allowed to be happy! Even though we are awash in bad news constantly remember it's still an awesome time to be alive! We have clean water, lots of food, shelter, electricity, cheap computers which can do all sorts of stuff and render you knowledge of anything in seconds! You can fly around in a plane! You can go 70 mph in a car (or faster if you are feeling mischevious)! Fookin sneakers... omg the traction! With a cheap telescope you can see things no one else on Earth was able to just 500 years ago! There's all sorts of things to be happy about!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: miragezero

i llike to start my day by saying wow there is a nuclear explosion going on millions of miles away that makes things perfect here for me

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Absolutely. A very enlightened post, and I agree entirely. I could take a lesson from you and try to return to focusing on the abundance of goodness in my life rather than pointing at whats ugly and re-committing the same...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Being an old person, I'm happy to sit and take it alll in, being more aware than ever of the world around me. Younger people should never take for granted or get bored of that. That is an enormous privilege.

The alternative is radio, news papers and TV.

One sided and top down.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: miragezero
There's all sorts of things to be happy about!

Of course! Now if only everyone on earth would have the same opportunities...

Our comfortable first world lives are only possible because other countries have it worst. It wouldn't be impossible to achieve global equality but we would need to change our ways on so many levels. I believe that the ideas, the ressources and the technologies are out there but most of it is in the way of the monstrous profits being made by corportations and such.

I really hope humanity will fix this s*** up.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You bastard. Trying to make us feel all happy and.......stuff.

You're right though. For all the bragging and chest thumping that some people do, going on about how good their lives are.........ask them if they're happy. Truely happy. All you get is a blank stare in return.

It's a good day to be alive. Could be better, but it's still good.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Seems like you aren't allowed to be happy!

Happiness is a sin. We're here to suffer. We're supposed to ashamed of our sinful nature and walk in humility behind our master.

Making your own "way" and walking with your head high and big smile on your face is BLASPHEMY, I tell ya! (Just try it and see how many scowls your get!)

Until you realize how God wants us to be sorry weak losers that are need of "HIS" salvation, your happiness is pride and vanity, and is but filthy rags in the sight of God.

/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Your optimism disgusts me, OP

top topics

join