It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Battery - Cashmir Effect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anybody hear about Nick Mckenney and the Crystal Battery?

According to Nick, its possible to create a self recharging battery simply by replacing the sulfuric acid in a car battery with a thick paste made from equal parts:
Potassium Chloride
Magnesium sulfate
Aluminum Sulfate
Borax

He said it could not be easier and he is giving away batteries to Bedouins living outside of Morocco where he lives. They are running lights and other appliance for free.

Here's a link with an intro and video interview. Crystal Battery

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

Is this another 'free energy' scheme?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This

[Kp note: For those who wish to assist with the Crystal Battery, please click here to go to the donation page.]

And this

Within the next month, Nick will film a complete instruction video for turning an old car battery into a crystal battery- including how to neutralize the old battery acids and clean out the car battery safely. We will launch this instructional video along with our Crowd Funding Campaign to move forward with the next level and our next step to bring free energy to the world.

[ emphasis mine ]

tells me he may not be on the level.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So basicylly he's asking money to replace his car battery?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: DAVID64

So basicylly he's asking money to replace his car battery?

where's your intellectual curiosity? Have you no capacity to ask yourself what if? Have you been burned so badly that you blow on your ice cream before you lick it?

We know Tesla uncovered some scientific principles that remain misunderstood. I believe the world was not ready for him or his technology.

Today I believe the time has come to revisit the technology. I'm convinced that many people hold a part of the solution and with an insatiable curiosity and desire to share seeking the answers, we will, together, uncover the secrets.

Where is the profit in unbridled skepticism? What great discoveries have been made out of fear of being embarrassed or taken advantage of?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So is there anyplace where he describes how he came up with the idea? Is there an explanation anywhere of how the chemistry works? Any data available describing the battery output?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
where's your intellectual curiosity? Have you no capacity to ask yourself what if? Have you been burned so badly that you blow on your ice cream before you lick it?

Electro-chemical batteries are sort of...old news. Like 1799 old. How they work is well known. Adding in "crystal" and "Tesla" doesn't make them mystical, unless, I suppose, you haven't had chemistry or physics.

Secondary cells like those in a car battery store their charge in the form of chemical states of the anode and cathode plates. They start off as lead and lead dioxide, and undergo redox reactions to become lead sulfate at both plates. The energy initially stored in the battery came from the refining process that created the plates to begin with. After that you run the redox reactions backward using electrical current to return the plates to their initial chemical state, that's how they recharge. Once the plates are converted to sulfate, they no longer have any stored energy.

Saying you have a self-recharging secondary cell is like saying you have a self-unburning log.

We know Tesla uncovered some scientific principles that remain misunderstood. I believe the world was not ready for him or his technology.

Tesla had nothing to do with this. Every crank invokes Tesla as validation.

Where is the profit in unbridled skepticism? What great discoveries have been made out of fear of being embarrassed or taken advantage of?

Pretty much all of the great discoveries were made with some understanding of what was going on, and with objective assessment. What you DON'T see is any working "woo" device.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

I have also came to understand the value of egoic skepticism run riot. For ten years I immersed myself in the depths of the fear of trusting people.

My very life depended on knowing who to trust and who not to trust. Being a heroin addict in a vicious city exposed me to the very darkest corners of the human experience. It is a very lonely and miserable place.

Its a miracle I made it back alive. Today I am very grateful for the contrast the experience taught me. Life is so full of wonder when we can open ourselves to take chances and give people and ideas the benefit of the doubt.
edit on 022015-02-14T12:21:04-06:002015-02-14T12:21:04-06:00122015201514SaturdayAmerica/Chicago04 by mcChoodles because: spellink

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
So is there anyplace where he describes how he came up with the idea? Is there an explanation anywhere of how the chemistry works? Any data available describing the battery output?

There won't be any of your absurd objective data. He is providing it to Bedouins! And Tesla! And crystals! And chemical words! Probably there will be energy, vibrations, fields, maybe a vortex, surely some quantum! Yes, quantum! And zero point, and Casimir, and vacuum energy!

If you give him some money, he will develop it. You will occasionally see some badly crafted demo that will not involve anyone getting one of them out of his influence, nor will there be any explanation as to why they don't work if you follow his instructions. There will be a revelation that to make it work, you must have the secret. He will not reveal the secret at this time. But soon. If only he had more money. That will run for several cycles, and when the money begins to fade the dog will eat his homework. MIBs! MIBs came (or if you're Bearden, Yakuza) and stole all his secret! Dang!

But if you pay him more money, he will start over again, and next time we SWEAR the secret will be revealed!

new topics

top topics

join