It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Man-Made Global Warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
But maybe I'm talking about a revolution here? There's you and me that want this thing stopped, right? ya. And I know 4 guys, and say you know 3, like, you see where I'm going. We run them. Somebody has to organise an outburst. That's why I came to these forums. You all can see that the government is trying to run you! Well, perfect chance to throw them outta commission. If we all spoke up, then something would have to be done. heck, everyone believes that sending letters to some far off general will release innocent prisoners. So SPEAK UP!

In shorter terms, I'm not planning to reason with the government. I'm planing to overthrow them.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Forward the revolution! Alas, I am already speaking up, being involved in my favourite political party here. Haven't made a decision to actually run yet, but have toyed with the idea. Was responsible for running our nomination process last election (Canada) in my constituancy.

Assuming you're in the US, you will get your chance to overthrow the government, in about 4 years time. Good luck with that. As we have a minority government, my chance will come sooner.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanoidcontent
However humans have sped up the process. Do the calculations yourself and see when the next ice age is supposed to be by NORMAL standards. You'll see it's FAR in the future, but we're hearing movies about ice ages, and all this media. Heck, we're talking about it right now. If I ask you the simple question of "what causes ice ages" then i could counter your statement with yur very own answer.

Oh really? I had heard and read that we are overdue for an ice age. One thing is for sure, whatever happens it will be mans fault, I mean he has such control over Mother nature right?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
NASA lies thru their teeth about everything and anything the government doesnt want you to know.

Bush and NASA said it- it has got to be true. *He's baaaack*

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just my opinion here.
But I think it is rather arrogant for mankind to assume control over the planet and the climate. Mankind has been around for only a brief period of the earth's life.
She got along just fine without us before and will do just as well when we are all looooong gone.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So no one has yet answered how olives grew in Germany in the 1300's pre industrial revolution......

and ideas? or is this global warming crap another disguise at taxing the American people and redistributing the wealth that our forefathers gained through sweat and death?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
...or is this global warming crap another disguise at taxing the American people and redistributing the wealth that our forefathers gained through sweat and death?

Yeah im sure that's exactly why we (the crap people) came up with the theory of global warming.

[edit on 022828p://13u14 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by humanoidcontent
However humans have sped up the process. Do the calculations yourself and see when the next ice age is supposed to be by NORMAL standards. You'll see it's FAR in the future, but we're hearing movies about ice ages, and all this media. Heck, we're talking about it right now. If I ask you the simple question of "what causes ice ages" then i could counter your statement with yur very own answer.

Oh really? I had heard and read that we are overdue for an ice age. One thing is for sure, whatever happens it will be mans fault, I mean he has such control over Mother nature right?

I don't believe global warming is man made...it's a natural pre-ice age stage isn't it? However, it's ignorant to say mankind isn't contributing, and science seemse to agree.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I agree with the above post, also, it's suprising how many angry masses there are here, yet so little are willing to actually do anything about global warming!
I mean come on, if this is so serious lets meet up and demonstrate about it immediately!! Before it's ''too late''

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Do you know what else is funny [in a very non-sadistic] way.
More people die from cold related deaths than heat-related each year.
Yes the sea level has risen a few inches or so.
Has anyone really noticed it - no.

Brrr starting to rain again here, lmfao~

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I also am not convinced that MAN has caused global warming, but surely the emissions contribute to greenhouse effects, but what if what man is doing is delaying and ice-age? what if? That would save lives.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I also am not convinced that MAN has caused global warming

Correct. I'm pretty sure scientists have determined global warming is a natural precursor to an ice-age. So no it's not man-made. However, there is overwhelming evidence to support the fact that man is speeding up the process...thus...

but what if what man is doing is delaying and ice-age? what if? That would save lives.

Mankind is actually doing the opposite of that.

[edit on 072828p://13u00 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I also am not convinced that MAN has caused global warming

Correct. I'm pretty sure scientists have determined global warming is a natural precursor to an ice-age. So no it's not man-made. However, there is overwhelming evidence to support the fact that man is speeding up the process...thus...

but what if what man is doing is delaying and ice-age? what if? That would save lives.

Mankind is actually doing the opposite of that.

[edit on 072828p://13u00 by Lucid Lunacy]

An you may very well be correct but that is not what is being crammed down out throats, the 'agendas' speak of only warming and the Global oven to come....because of man only and his SUV's etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Global Warming And Money

I remember when “Global Warming” became a buzzword way back in the '80s. It started with a few studies, then turned into a political movement.

Like anything “environmental”, whether or not Global Warming is actually taking place does not need to be proven. Rather, the strategy is the usual one: set up “independent” front institutions, send out the youthful foot soldiers, issue lots of press releases, pass bribes and push for legislation.

Supporting such legislation are various studies from various sources. What most dogmatists – pro or con -- tend to overlook, however, is who pays for these studies, and why they pay for them.

Studies of Global Warming are not free. In fact, some of them are very expensive. Governments pick up some of the costs, but guess who pays for most of them?

The dreaded “multinational corporations”.

Now hold on a second. Why would multinational corporations, who as everyone knows are evil and corrupt and hate the environment, have any interest at all in Global Warming?

Because any sort of large-scale technological conversion has to be done by someone. It isn't magic. Someone has to do it.

Remember CFCs and the Ozone Layer? Trillions of dollars have been made converting refrigerants. And guess who made all that money? You guessed right.

And who paid for it? If you use a refrigerator, have air conditioning in your home or own a car with air conditioning, you did. Even if you don't own any of these things, you paid for the costs of every business you buy goods and services from who themselves had to pay to make the switch.

Any technological change will require purchasing new equipment, converting systems and disposing of old equipment. Whenever that happens, the companies who do these things make money. That's how it works.

Personally, I don't know if Global Warming is fact or fiction. I also don't know if or how much of it may be due to human activity. I have not chosen a religion in this debate.

But of one thing I am absolutely certain, and I want to make sure anyone reading this knows:

GLOBAL WARMING IS BIG BUSINESS

Whatever your opinion, pro, con or indifferent, I urge you to keep this fact in mind, and remember to follow the money.

P.S. If you are a “green activist”, you are almost certainly being used as a pawn by multinationals. Follow the money. The big boys have been cashing in on “the environment” for decades.

Don't believe me? Look into it yourself, if you dare.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yes your right Majic Global Warming is big business, for the Oil and Coal companies that is. So get off your high horse a provide some PROOF(you know a link? You remember what that is right?) to your claims. I have been envolved in the Environmental movement pretty much since I was born as my dad has been a lifelong supporter of the movement, if you consider struggling to meet payroll obligations year in and year out BIG BUSINESS, you my friend are deluded.

Now here are some links that say Global Warming IS happening...

www.msc-smc.ec.gc.ca...

www.planetark.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1107558612666&call_pageid=970599119419

news.independent.co.uk...

Heck even military analysists are now worried about the Northern Front of Canada which is predicted to become Ice-Free by 2050(along with the rest of the North Pole). Read the links(especially the first one) and make up your own mind, if you are still convinced that is nothing more then just a political movement then we have nothing further to discuss....

P.S. If you are a “green activist”, you are almost certainly being used as a pawn by multinationals. Follow the money. The big boys have been cashing in on “the environment” for decades.

Don't believe me? Look into it yourself, if you dare.

You are not the first right-winger to say this, but I have yet to see the evidance(whenever I press they come up with piss-poor evidance, like a "study" from a Conservative Think Tank). Please provide and I will read and follow the money(which is my specialty btw
)

[edit on 13-2-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Religious Indignation

Originally posted by sardion2000
Yes your right Majic Global Warming is big business, for the Oil and Coal companies that is. So get off your high horse a provide some PROOF(you know a link? You remember what that is right?) to your claims. I have been envolved in the Environmental movement pretty much since I was born as my dad has been a lifelong supporter of the movement, if you consider struggling to meet payroll obligations year in and year out BIG BUSINESS, you my friend are deluded.

Addressing me in this manner tells me much more about you than Global Warming, and frankly, what I'm seeing doesn't interest me.

If my challenge for my fellow members to seek the truth for themselves makes you feel threatened, as it apparently does, I will not apologize for that.

On the other hand, your false suppositions and claims about me are very much worthy of an apology.

If you want to hurl insults and religious dogma at me, my discussion with you does indeed end here.

If you want to stop deceiving yourself through the mechanisms of your self-described emotional attachments and anxieties, then seek the truth for yourself.

Your own post betrays your uncertainty. Anger is an expression of fear. Your fear is based on your own doubts.

You may either wallow in it and get angry at those who may not agree with you, or you can do something about it and improve yourself.

But that's your responsibility, not mine.

And for the record, I am neither a “right-winger” nor “left-winger” by any reasonable definition of those terms, but only by the definitions those of who childishly label differing opinions with epithets.

Ironically, if you should ever bother to look at who's actually pulling your strings, I'm probably the last person you would be mad at.

P.S. You may want to trim those link names. Oversized link names are bad for the ATS reading environment.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

or is this global warming crap another disguise at taxing the American people and redistributing the wealth that our forefathers gained through sweat and death?

Through sweat and death? Of whom? Are you referring to the American Indian, or the Chinese & Irish you brought in to do the work or just your slaves "back in the day".
Sorry I just found that statement amusing and had to say something.

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I don't believe global warming is man made...it's a natural pre-ice age stage isn't it? However, it's ignorant to say mankind isn't contributing, and science seems to agree.

I agree, why is it absolutely one way or the other? I would have thought that mankinds blatent ignoring of environmental conditions over time since the industrial revolution would have had some impact on Mother Nature surely. I would have thought that was pretty obvious. Regulations that protect us and demand appropriate standards within industry are a pretty new thing. Industries, governments and your next-door neighbour all are reluctent to spend money to prevent something from happening that is only a possibility and would affect profit margins. Basically the same reason there wasn't an early warning system in the Indian Ocean before this year, I guess.

Very few habitats that have come into contact with man remain in their natural state. Sure global warming is a natural phenomena but is mankind not influencing it in any way? I think they must be. Mankind may not be the reason, but they are a catalyst at least. (imho)

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have high hopes for nanotechnology just making it cheaper and more efficient to manufacter stuff in a cleaner way (closed production cycles, miniturisation of components=less material/energy used) , that way manufacterers don't do it for the environment, but just to save some bucks wich is always a better motivator...

but first, especially in china, it has to get worse before it gets better...

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitaThrough sweat and death? Of whom? Are you referring to the American Indian, or the Chinese & Irish you brought in to do the work or just your slaves "back in the day".
Sorry I just found that statement amusing and had to say something.

And these people some of which made a new life in America, you make it sound as if only Anglo Saxon whites are rich here? You don't believe that do you?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well... whether the Earth is cooling or getting warmer I doubt its because of air pollution. Man-made CO2 if only about 1/10 of that the earth produces from volcanoes and other sources. The truth is the Earth has been warmer and cooler long before human intervention, so its still a debate if we are truly having such a great impact on the earth temperature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join