It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why guilt is the favorite weapon of the left.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Fear: the favorite weapon of the right.

Might be, but it is a scenario I would not want to test.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
We would be moving the out of control crime rates from there right on to your door step. We allow all to run for any office and a popular drug cartel leader wins the presidency easily, Your Government reps start to not speak much English anymore... We become very socialized with massive taxes, and also massive corruption at all levels.

How much of your conscience can you handle?

You speak of all those things as if to warn everyone so they don't happen in the future and yet from where I'm looking they have already happened. With your attention focused on some outside enemy who you've been told to fear you apparently never saw the real enemy has already taken over from the inside.

We have the largest prison system in history busting at the seems, a violent out of control police force that preys on it's populous then uses them as cheap labor to fill their pockets and a legal system that favors wealth and privilege over justice.

Our "elected leaders" aren't a Mexican drug cartel but are an American opium and oil cartel but do of course play by the same ruthless rules as all cartels do. While they still do speak english rather than a foreign language they almost never tell the truth.

Finally, we are already taxed to our eyeballs and there is corruption running rampant at every level of office as we all know and see every day.

So what are you worried about the future for exactly??? You're nightmare is already here only it's wearing a slightly different mask than the one you've been told to watch out for. Not only is it already here but it's already done all those things you fear might happen in the future.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

We have the largest prison system in history busting at the seems, a violent out of control police force that preys on it's populous then uses them as cheap labor to fill their pockets and a legal system that favors wealth and privilege over justice.

I see much of this blown out of proportion. With a population of about 315 million we get to see and hear about many individual cases on a daily bases. A big part of this is just the nature of 24/7 news that they need to fill, and how they have gone from just reporting to driving the news and where it goes.

Our "elected leaders" aren't a Mexican drug cartel but are an American opium and oil cartel but do of course play by the same ruthless rules as all cartels do. While they still do speak english rather than a foreign language they almost never tell the truth.

My point is that if you think things are bad now you do not know just how bad things can really get.

So what are you worried about the future for exactly??? You're nightmare is already here only it's wearing a slightly different mask than the one you've been told to watch out for. Not only is it already here but it's already done all those things you fear might happen in the future.

The bottom line is I work fine within the system we have right now. Once again there is a long way still downward we can go from where we are at. You think corruption in America is bad, go live in just about any other country and you might get a different perceptive.

If you think we are having a hard time taking care of our infrastructure, the poor, jobs etc...add 300 million to that equation...that is my point.

I'm well set, one would need clearances to do my job so I'm not really in fear of loosing it and a totally disrupted society would be money to me, but it is not a place I want to raise my kids and see them prosper.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Fear: the favorite weapon of the right.

Might be, but it is a scenario I would not want to test.

So, it worked.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So, it worked.

I'm not sure that a unwelcome scenario is fear based. To say "it worked" would mean they would have needed to create the reasons for the fear in the first place. I'm not sure if any country on earth would allow open borders to have masses of the poor enter, do you?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You don't have to create a situation to use the fear of it in order to sway peoples opinion. Terrorism has been used to create fear and control the American Populous for a minimum of a decade now and yet the chance of being killed by a terrorist in the US is so far down the list of probable fatalities that you'd be better off worrying about getting eaten by a bear or a shark attack.

Or how about that Ebola Crisis??? Wasn't that supposed to wipe out millions across the US killing off massive sections of the American people according to the media??? But what's the final count now again??? 10 total with 2 deaths 8 recoveries and 0 current. Something like that. Talk about your over hyped pandemics.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You don't have to create a situation to use the fear of it in order to sway peoples opinion. Terrorism has been used to create fear and control the American Populous for a minimum of a decade now and yet the chance of being killed by a terrorist in the US is so far down the list of probable fatalities that you'd be better off worrying about getting eaten by a bear or a shark attack.

Or how about that Ebola Crisis??? Wasn't that supposed to wipe out millions across the US killing off massive sections of the American people according to the media??? But what's the final count now again??? 10 total with 2 deaths 8 recoveries and 0 current. Something like that. Talk about your over hyped pandemics.

The "they" in this case is the news media... like I said, when they went to 24/7 they needed to create news to then report it. We have this with little goal but to keep viewers viewing, and we have cases like Bobbi Kristina Brown that falls into the who gives a sh@t category that is completely media created for our enjoyment.

edit on 15-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure that a unwelcome scenario is fear based.

It can be.

To say "it worked" would mean they would have needed to create the reasons for the fear in the first place.

No, they can use a pre-existing fear.

I'm not sure if any country on earth would allow open borders to have masses of the poor enter, do you?

Probably not. All governments use fear.
edit on 15-2-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Probably not. All governments use fear.

Might as well say "all" use fear.... I like how people seem to separate "the government" from the populace... They are one and the same, the Government mirror the populace whether an individual likes it or not.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Might as well say "all" use fear.... I like how people seem to separate "the government" from the populace... They are one and the same, the Government mirror the populace whether an individual likes it or not.

Borders are under control of governments because they scare the people into thinking that they are needed there to keep out certain types of people. Those who trade freedom for security and all that jazz.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join