It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why guilt is the favorite weapon of the left.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

You have a shade of a point... but it's a bit more nuanced than that. The guilt is about trying to teach people our choices and way of life have consequences far away in places most of us never see. No thing is free.

And thus my comment about the right's weapon of choice... a large, grotesque club.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

"So, it's ok to enjoy it, as long as you feel the correct amount of guilt?"

Personally my answer would have to be no its not ok, its never ok!

That being said im not part of the problem and pretty much live hand to mouth while attempting to support, nurture and bring up two children. The fact that i live in a nation that also holds a consumer mentality is simply down to geography.

Try walking past a homeless person in the middle of February and tell me you don't at least experience some measure of guilt? Personally i feel ashamed to be part of a society that could allow such, which does nothing to change the fact that i myself im pretty much powerless to affect the situation transpiring at least from a financial perspective.

Its the distribution of wealth amongst our populations that's the problem!

edit on 14-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The Left *needs* the guilt.

How else can they justify excuses for the failures of their own programs and shattered ideals?

They lie a lot too.

The only ones fooled are other Leftists.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

They certainly do use guilt to neutralise opposition to mass immigration.

Correctly observed.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Whine whine whine, the left is making me feel guilty, whine whine whine. Pathetic, stop blaming others for your lack of control of your own emotions. Take responsibility for them. It's up to you,no one else. You can't keep blaming the left or any other abstraction for how you choose to feel. Grow up and put your big boy pants on. Sorry if I made anyone feel guilty.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

By apologizing you invalidated your point. :p

👣

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This should be fun.

The Left *needs* the guilt.

The right *needs* denial of science and intellectualism.

How else can they justify excuses for the failures of their own programs and shattered ideals?

How can they justify the excuses for the failures of their own programs and shattered ideals?

They lie a lot too.

They lie a lot too.

The only ones fooled are other Leftists.

The only ones fooled are other Rightists.

Hmm, I wondered if that worked the other away around.

I knew I was right.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule being british apologising is second nature, sorry

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"The left shows us pictures of poor people in other nations and makes us feel bad, although we did nothing to cause their poverty. However, we are expected to support sending tax dollars to help whatever cause they deem just."
You're quite the ignorant one, aren't you?Have you ever bought chocolate or diamonds or any electronics or shoes or clothing? Congratulations! You have done something to cause poverty in a different nation.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
It's more like having a conscience.

I believe everyone cares, but people have different levels. What is your level?

The right is more concerned about money. It's mine and I don't want to share it with anyone else. Anyone who needs what my money can buy is a loser and deserves to suffer.

How about concerned about stability. How about concerned about providing for my family and my late years where I can no longer work.

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather be compared to Jesus, as opposed to the alternative. Not feeling guilty about anything - just having a conscience.

Lets say we open our borders to all and we double our population, some are skilled workers, some are hard workers, many are not. We would be moving the massive slums from Mexico, Brazil etc right next door to you. We would be moving the out of control crime rates from there right on to your door step. We allow all to run for any office and a popular drug cartel leader wins the presidency easily, Your Government reps start to not speak much English anymore... We become very socialized with massive taxes, and also massive corruption at all levels.

How much of your conscience can you handle?

edit on 14-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: BlueMule being british apologising is second nature, sorry

I don't feel guilty about that.

👣

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

It has worked very well in Europe as well as the USA. One of the most interesting cases is that of Sweden. The left has thrown the "evils" of colonialization at them so much they actually believe they took part in it. Now they are allowing their nation to take in over 100,000 immigrants per year from Africa and the Middle East to make amends. Sweden only has a population of less than ten million and 20% of that is immigrant.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well in Holland we got mostly the 'right' political party's ruling and we now have a record number of immigrants? why?- because of the ''right'' wars started/supported in the middle east. People fleeing from Iraq, Syria, Libya and some other country's which has become a hell to live.

We need more people, more ppl is more taxes and, we ain't making enough baby's ourself to support the older generation, so if you on the ''right'' spectrum you should support immigration

edit on 14-2-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Guess who pushed for small northern European nations to open their doors to the war refugees created by the USA?

The USA.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

The funny thing is, we on the left don't even need to use guilt. All we need to do is show you guys on the right how to develop and strengthen your mind. Leftist values naturally follow from strength. Whereas, with a weak mind, the "values" of the right follow.

www.futurity.org...

👣

From your link:

“Both right and left are necessary; it’s not that either is correct, it’s that the dialogue between them produces the best chance we have at getting the balance right. If people could understand that both sides have an important role to play in society, some of the unnecessary tension might be eliminated.”

edit on 14-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

Only I don't think the tension will ever be eliminated [...]

You missed some key words from the link: 'some of the unnecessary'. Then a little cooperation could creep in.

👣

edit on 843Saturday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: jonnywhite

Only I don't think the tension will ever be eliminated [...]

You missed some key words from the link: 'some of the unnecessary'. Then a little cooperation could creep in.

👣

I don't think "some of the unnecessary" works unless you're centrist. If you're strong right or left, you're not going to think "Hey, the other side is just balancing our flaws." NO. If you're strong right or left leaning then you're going to think the other side is WRONG. The only way I can see the two sides finding any balance is after a lot of fighting and tension, when they FINALLY start to pick away at hte ISSUES, not the party alignments. When their mind is focused on the issues, they're not thinking about how the other side is balancing their flaws. The tension only reduces when they finally start to hack together an agreement, so they can move on.

They move on to fight another day.
edit on 14-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Lets say we open our borders to all and we double our population, some are skilled workers, some are hard workers, many are not. We would be moving the massive slums from Mexico, Brazil etc right next door to you. We would be moving the out of control crime rates from there right on to your door step. We allow all to run for any office and a popular drug cartel leader wins the presidency easily, Your Government reps start to not speak much English anymore... We become very socialized with massive taxes, and also massive corruption at all levels.

How much of your conscience can you handle?

Fear: the favorite weapon of the right.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh look !

Another useless finger-pointing pigeon-holing thread on ATS.

*yawn*

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not really. The only time fear is used is to warn people of possible dangers.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join