It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why guilt is the favorite weapon of the left.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I recently was in a debate with a person who said we needed open borders because of the so-called injustices America has perpetrated against "people of color." Without going after her delusional premise I would note that the left has used guilt quite effectively to get people to do what it wants them to do. Guilt is a weapon and unless people see it as such they will forever be at the mercy of the left.

The left shows us pictures of poor people in other nations and makes us feel bad, although we did nothing to cause their poverty. However, we are expected to support sending tax dollars to help whatever cause they deem just.

The left tells us the world faces pollution problems and that if a person, especially a white person, wants a child they are part of the problem. People are then supposed to support family limitation, abortion and celebrate lifestyles that reduce fertility.

The left tells us that black people were enslaved (they were but did anyone alive take part in that slavery? ) so we should support "affirmative action."

The left makes middle America feel bad about having a home and car so we are supposed to then support every social program created since Johnson's "Great Society."

Obama tells us the Crusades were evil and thus Muslim terrorists are not to be hated for their actions against fellow Muslims and Christians. Yet Muslims waged dozens of times more conquests against Europe than Europe waged against them.

Yes, guilt is the weapon of the elite, the NWO and the leftists in this nation. Better to put it aside than allow it to be used to rob you.
edit on 14-2-2015 by edward777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

"The left shows us pictures of poor people in other nations and makes us feel bad, although we did nothing to cause their poverty. However, we are expected to support sending tax dollars to help whatever cause they deem just."

America and also my own nation for that matter does plenty to cause poverty not just in there own nation but all around the world. You and me enjoy the luxury of a consumer lifestyle at the expense of the poor souls responsible for enabling said life style.

Guilt is the favourite weapon of the left simply because the right have plenty to feel guilty about!

After all, you work with the tools at hand.
edit on 14-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The ''right'' is very often using ''left'' for putting people in boxes and putting the blame there.
It's the fault of the left, which is very often used, even if there is no real proof that the left has gotten anything to do with it, it's just wildly and happily used to feel themself better?
And I do believe the right is far more blaming the left then the left blaming the right, or at least using that word for putting blame somewhere.

It's like black & white but in reality it just is more grey..

So you hate the left? If so what will do that, what's the point?
edit on 14-2-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Jesus was a total leftist. He said we should give up our money to those less fortunate. He said we should always help those who need help, regardless of whether or not we are responsible for their predicament. Jesus was far more concerned about the well-being of those who were downtrodden than he was about the rich keeping their money. Is that guilt? It's more like having a conscience.

The right is more concerned about money. It's mine and I don't want to share it with anyone else. Anyone who needs what my money can buy is a loser and deserves to suffer.

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather be compared to Jesus, as opposed to the alternative. Not feeling guilty about anything - just having a conscience.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I think if you read works by Karl Marx he actually advises communists to use guilt to achieve their means. So I have heard. But all sides of politics like to use guilt to push through their agendas and we need to see through that. Things like "we have to put up taxes to pay for your medicine and social security" or "we (they mean you) are living beyond our means". The list goes on.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There are some real mind bending super "intellects" who have cleverly taken over most of the information outlets......and we are watching our nation slowly being destroyed without a shooting war. And a war is what it is.

We hear from every quarter every day....."the constitution is being violated". We hear this far to often and on so many levels to not understand we are in a war.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The funny thing is, we on the left don't even need to use guilt. All we need to do is show you guys on the right how to develop and strengthen your mind. Leftist values naturally follow from strength. Whereas, with a weak mind, the "values" of the right follow.

www.futurity.org...

👣

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

We hear from every quarter every day....."the constitution is being violated". We hear this far to often and on so many levels to not understand we are in a war.

Makes one wonder if the goal is the say that the constitution is being violated so often that something more effective needs to be put in its place. Maybe one of the goals is the elimination of the constitution. There's a growing number of people that are saying that the constitution is out dated and irrelevant. That's what I find disturbing.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Stop blaming others for the emotions you feel. It shows a weakness of character

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Logarock

Makes one wonder if the goal is the say that the constitution is being violated so often that something more effective needs to be put in its place. Maybe one of the goals is the elimination of the constitution. There's a growing number of people that are saying that the constitution is out dated and irrelevant. That's what I find disturbing.

Well we know how well an idea sells by calling the other brand outdated and irrelevant.

What we will end up getting is a closed document that cant be amended, challenged or affirmed and minus a few of the center pieces of the old one......like freedom to redress the government, freedom of press, right to bear arms.....all in the name of a more improved and modernized national charter.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Interesting the premise of the thread was the left using guilt to change the behaviors and thoughts of the right.
What makes the whole thread entertaining is that the OP was using the same tactic that the left was accused of.

The Punchline is that the left came out in numbers and Validated the Premise.

Moral of the Story.... People love to make others feel guilty. LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Guilt is the favourite weapon of the left simply because the right have plenty to feel guilty about!

So, it's ok to enjoy it, as long as you feel the correct amount of guilt? I don't see anyone who uses guilt as a weapon throwing away their big screen TVs, made by cheap labor in other countries. They're not going barefoot, cause Nike makes it's $200 shoes in sweat shops. If anyone on the Left enjoys hot chocolate, you should be ashamed. A great amount of cocoa is picked by forced child labor. Got a diamond on your hand? How many kids died for that? Here's the death blow. Where did that just can't do without IPhone come from? Are they gonna throw that away because it's made by cheap slave labor?

listverse.com...

While some have said that Apple’s efforts have indeed improved conditions, those who have inspected the facility since have found that it is still not even close to compliance, basically an abusive slave shop. The conditions were so bad that many workers were committing suicide. In order to prevent this, Foxconn installed nets to stop them

The answer is Hell No!!
I'll start feeling guilty when the ones telling me I should feel guilty throw away all that stuff and start living off the land.

edit on 14-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

edit on 14-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
We should reform welfare,,,,You hate the poor!
We should reform immigration,,,,,,You hate foreigners!
Two parents are better for a child,,,,,You hate single moms!

Yeah they like to throw the guilt, to bad they don't understand it don't stick.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: edward777
Yes, guilt is the weapon of the elite, the NWO and the leftists in this nation.

Don't know about the rest of the OP, but aren't the right part of (maybe even the larger part) of the elite?

edit on 14-2-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

I think you nailed it, brother.

The outright truth is, we are all--left or right----just various degrees of hypocrites. We all use the same mechanism, just pick different 'teams' as it were.

Sad, that.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64did you mean to reply to me or was that a mistake. I only feel guilty if I've done something wrong, or let myself down, it's an emotion you can choose to accept or ignore. It's up to you not some opinion of the political spectrum

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yeah, those "G" words are a bitch.

Guilt may indeed be the weapon utilized by the left and for good reason. As others have stated, there's plenty to feel guilty about.

On the other hand, Greed is the weapon utilized by the right. How do you defend greed?
edit on 14-2-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Probably a lot like this.

👣

edit on 635Saturday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Sorry - we got our wires crossed. It was a reply to andy06 and I have no idea how it got directed to you.

My computer is doing some really strange things this morning. Or maybe it's just me
edit on 14-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I would have to agree to an extent that the "LEFT" (that formless, illusive political ideal out there) uses guilt to get their agenda passed. The guilt they use creates COMPASSION, which is what motivates people to help others less fortunate than ourselves. It doesn't matter that slavery ended so many years ago, its ramifications live on. It's not that we are to blame, it's that others are still living under the shadow of racism and it doesn't matter the cause. If they are less-fortunate, for whatever reason, they need help.

But the right uses guilt too. Think about how they discourage abortion and birth control, how they justify discrimination of gay people, how they have used guilt by association (Obama and Bill Ayers, Reverend Wright, etc)...

So, I'll give it to you - the left uses our natural feelings of compassion (by the way of guilt) to get us to help others, but the right uses guilt to violate our personal choices, deny legal rights to people they don't approve of, and to slander someone because of who they have contact with.

Now, let's talk about who uses FEAR as their main weapon, shall we? I'd much rather be accused of encouraging compassion in others than trying to scare the **** out of them to get them to do what I want.

When I go to my grave, I would prefer having lived a life that was overly-compassionate to living a life of abject fear for myself, my family and my money. I refuse to live a life of fear, but feeling guilty and being motivated to help people? Now, that's something I can live with.

Obama tells us the Crusades were evil and thus Muslim terrorists are not to be hated for their actions against fellow Muslims and Christians.

That's simply a lie.
edit on 2/14/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join