It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline for a date with a firing squad . Time running out for Bali 9 pair .

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

a 45minute video?.. of course people aren't going to watch it. Drug smugglers being executed isn't worth that much time.
but I did watch the first few minutes.. at which point I learned:

the new president is under political pressure on other fronts and firmly aligned himself with majority of opinion in Indonesia in favour of the death penalty for drug trafficking

Not only was he aware the government had a tough stance against drugs, but also that Indonesia society is in favour of executing drug smugglers. You're 10x the idiot now for smuggling drugs.

Lets be fair, international drug smugglers on a level of their stupidity would find themselves dead in a back alley way sooner rather than later. Indonesia keeping these men in cells for 10yrs as probably allowed them to stay alive much longer than natural selection planned.
edit on am729288162015-02-16T07:29:30-06:00072015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

So you couldn't be bother to watch the whole documentary?

Why am I not surprised.

Thanks for proving my point entirely.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Purely out of interest:

The smooth-talking Mr Turnbull sounded almost regal in what many believed to be a direct, almost prime ministerial address to Indonesia to release the doomed Bali Nine duo, whose execution date is expected to be announced any day.

Not one to be plagued by gaffes, Mr Turnbull’s smooth turn of phrase emerged again as he pleaded — looking directly into the camera — for Indonesia’s President to release Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran

“It is the sign of the strongest love and the greatest mercy when you extend it to those who least deserve it,” he said, staring directly into the hearts and souls of Indonesian officials.

“It is not a sign of weakness ... to have a bigger love, a greater mercy than any of their crimes.”

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Straight from the horses mouth.....

...but who cares about FACTS when there is an execution to be had huh?

Indonesian judge says Bali Nine duo shouldn’t be shot because the death penalty doesn’t work

A former senior Indonesian Judge involved in the Bali Nine trials has warned the firing squad does nothing to prevent drug crime.

Speaking exclusively to News Corp, Judge Laica Marzuki said he is saddened by his country’s renewed stand on the death penalty and that heavy sentences would be a more effective deterrent to criminals.

edit on 16/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Plea from Kuta's hawkers - don't boycott Bali over Bali nine execution threat

Balinese hawkers along the famed Kuta beach have pleaded with Australians not to boycott the island, with many saying they oppose the execution of Australians Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan.

"I'm telling you, the people in Bali do not agree with this executions," said Chris, an Indonesian who rents out surfboards.

"This is the stupidity of the government. For me, it's not good. You kill someone like this because of the drugs but you won't stop it.

"You kill a person but you don't kill the factory [manufacturing the narcotics]. If you want to stop it, stop the factory."

More than half of Bali's tourists come from Australia. Last week, Minister for Foreign Affairs Julie Bishop warned Indonesians that Australians could cancel their travel to Indonesia if the two men, convicted of drug smuggling, were killed by firing squad.

"I think the Australian people will demonstrate their deep disapproval of this action, including by making decisions about where they wish to holiday," she said.

News of her comments spread rapidly among the thousands of Balinese who rely on the tourism industry.

According to Chris, "everyone is worried about it."

Putu, who sells T-shirts in an alley just back from Kuta beach, says she too is concerned about the impact of the looming executions.

"It's not good for business. It's not good for tourists.

edit on 16/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Look as you know from my post, I most certainly am not in any blood lust about this. But I've just got a question.

Lets say that some Indonesians are caught in Australia drug smuggling and we sentence them to twenty years. Would we bow to Indonesian pressure if they called for us to execute them as per their laws? Highly doubtful. As depressing as it is, each country forms their own laws. It is a barbaric law, but I honestly think it will deter Aussies from doing so again. These guys obviously didn't give a crap about the people that OD as a result, they have to face the reality and laws of another land.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

Look as you know from my post, I most certainly am not in any blood lust about this. But I've just got a question.

Lets say that some Indonesians are caught in Australia drug smuggling and we sentence them to twenty years. Would we bow to Indonesian pressure if they called for us to execute them as per their laws?

That scenario would never happen because we wouldn't be sentencing their citizens to death.

The issue here is the death penalty and the Indonesian refusal to individually assess each clemency case and take into account efforts at rehabilitation.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

EXECUTIONS COULD LEAD TO JAIL VIOLENCE

The spiritual adviser for Andrew Chan warned if Indonesia goes ahead with the executions of he and Mayan Sukumaran, it could lead to more violence and unrest in the prison system.

Jeff Hammond, a Jakarta-based pastor who has been counselling Chan for four years, said proceeding with the death sentence would send a message to other criminals on death row that there was no point of rehabilitation because the outcome would still be the same.

He said many of the inmates looked up to the two men and at least nine prisoners had offered to take Chan’s place in front of the firing squad.

“Every inmate on death row, now none of them has any hope of mercy or rehabilitation so the impact could be that you could have a situation where you might have more violence and uncertainty in the prison,” Mr Hammond told ABC radio.

“The impact of this particular decision and if the executions go ahead could be actually quite dangerous in the prison.

“Other prisoners on life also have no hope that their sentence might be downgraded to 20 years to given them hope that one day they might be able to get out of prison.”

edit on 18/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Bali nine executions: Indonesia's president did not have all the documents when he refused clemency

Indonesia's President Joko Widodo refused clemency for the Bali nine duo facing execution without all the documentation of their cases due to the chaotic handover to his office from his predecessor.

A source familiar with the events, who asked not to be named because of the extreme sensitivity of the case, told Fairfax Media Mr Joko had little more than a list of drug offenders on death row when he made the decisions.

"Look, the current president simply takes over all pending applications of the death felons from the previous government which the latter did not touch at all," said the source.

"And there was just a few pieces of papers listing names of people on death row. No documents attached to the lists."

The source said that the President did not have a complete understanding of the rehabilitation of Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan, or documentation outlining the testimony from a former governor of Kerobokan prison.

The governor, Siswanto, testified that their transformation was genuine and had profoundly affected the penitentiary.

The two organisers of the Bali nine heroin smuggling ring have run numerous vocational education courses inside Kerobokan, counselled drug addicted inmates and raised money for medical procedures for their fellow convicts and to improve facilities in the prison.

Mr Joko was sworn in as president in October and refused the clemency of Sukumaran and Chan in December and January respectively.

His predecessor Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had failed to consider their clemency for years and, after he left, the complete documentation for the clemency bids was not forwarded to Mr Joko's staff.

Fairfax Media understands the main list of 64 convicts on death row used by Mr Joko contained only the most scant information - names, nationality, ages when they were arrested and sentenced, the status of their legal appeals, and the province in which they are incarcerated.

The revelations that Mr Joko had been making his clemency decisions without full information comes as lawyers for the pair prepare an appeal to Jakarta's administrative court arguing the process around the clemency rejection was flawed.

They argue that the President rejected all the clemency petitions without reviewing them individually.

"Without wanting to disrupt the President's prerogative [to granting clemency], we submitted the lawsuit only due to the lack of clarity of reasons behind the President's decision to not grant pardon," said Todung Mulya Lubis, a lawyer for the pair.

edit on 18/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Some encouraging news, and a glimmer of hope that common sense and humanity may prevail.....

Bali Nine: Authorities want more information from Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran’s lawyers about conduct of their sentencing judges

INDONESIAN authorities have sought more information from lawyers of the condemned Bali Nine duo about the conduct of their sentencing judges.

In an encouraging development, the Indonesian Judicial Commission — investigating claims political interference from Jakarta during Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan’s 2005 sentence — called for further technical material about the complaint lodged last week.

One of their Australian legal team, Melbourne barrister Michael O’Connell SC, visited the pair in Kerobokan prison to brief them on the latest developments and about their upcoming court case next week.

Mr O’Connell said both men were doing “remarkably well” in very trying circumstances.

He said that a complaint with the country’s Judicial Commission was lodged on Friday afternoon last week and that since then the commission had sought further technical detail from the lawyers.

“We are organising for that material to be provided and when it is we hope that he investigation will move forward,” Mr O’Connell said.

He said it was hoped the commission will now rigorously investigate the matters raised.

The complaint centres around claims from the men’s original lawyer, Muhammad Rifan, that a bribe was on the table in order to give a lighter sentence and that there was political interference from Jakarta which saw the men sentenced to death instead.

Looks like the relentless march toward an unjust execution has been given a reprieve. Lets just hope the Indonesians find some common decency within themselves and actually LOOK at the clear evidence of the rehabilitation efforts of these two men.

I know this might anger those who couldn't care less about rehabilitation and humanity in general but from my perspective it's a good sign.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No mention of this saga now several weeks later. No headline news NEXT....

Fact is no one REALLY gives a # just another passing headline for the media and course for bleeding hearts to jump on.

If the Indonesian Govt executes Sukumaran and Chan then methinks there is going to be a MASSIVE boycott by Aussies refusing to holiday in Indonesia.

Aussie will do absolutely nothing to change their habits over a passing phase not even a toy boy like Branson could do that try as he might. I get the feeling you have not lived long enough to realise three week old news is now the proverbial fish &chip wrapping paper ...move on... Next ... line in the msm news cycle.

edit on 28-3-2015 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Looks like the relentless march toward an unjust execution has been given a reprieve.

Except it is NOT a unjust execution....

LOOK at the clear evidence of the rehabilitation efforts of these two men.

Their "rehabilition" only started with a new lawyer who told them to start sucking up to everyone, and they had used every chance of appeal, so their only hope was clemency - where they had to finally admit that they were guilty. Up until then they were constantly lying

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

www.9news.com.au...

These people want the appeals to fail , there is no respect for their own laws . Every comment i see coming out of Indonesia reads like the appeals will fail . They are just waiting or going through the motions . Indonesia is craving the day they can execute 2 Aussies . Bunch of Hippocratic pricks .

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Speaking for myself i dont give # about Drug dealing scum known as hard drug dealers. Clearly you have never known any one or whom has been affected by drug addiction or its consequences, i have!.
You might think i sound callous however i think you and you,re ilk are the REAL callous ones. They are paying the ultimate price for a crime that kills untold millions Globally.I Applaud SE Asian nations for their tough law and Order stance on this crime.
I also admire Widodos unflinching conviction under pressure from Western trendies and big money(yes drugs support Financial capitalism it self in globalism)
Btw the Death Penalty is not really the issue here infact i am sure after certain recent random murders against Women in both Melbourne and Sydney populism here in Australia will soon be calling for its reintroduction serious Murders or Hard Drug dealing should be both Penalties worthy of Death. Take some time rethink your trendy stupid statements.

edit on 29-3-2015 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

How is opposing state sanctioned murder trendy .

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

How is opposing state sanctioned murder trendy .

It is not murder.... and funny how the latte sippers in Australia have held candlelight vigils for these 2 drug dealers, but do not care at all for the children kidnapped by Boko Haram...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

State-sanctioned homicide[edit]
Main article: Justifiable homicide
Homicides may also be non-criminal when conducted with the sanction of the state. The most obvious examples are capital punishment, in which the state determines that a person should die. Homicides committed in action during war are usually not subject to criminal prosecution either. In addition, members of law enforcement entities are also allowed to commit justified homicides within certain parameters which, when met, do not usually result in prosecution;

Need i say more .

Also i am blue collar , nothing trendy about me except if you call a people with correctly set moral compass trendy .

Boko Haram , are you even watching that situation

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Also i am blue collar , nothing trendy about me except if you call a people with correctly set moral compass trendy .

That might make you equally bad or worse a bonehead (probably a bikie)that is happy to be runner for those better educated or wealthier dumb enough to believe they actually have you,re interests at heart as if!. I call that a sheep or lemming behaviour usually.
My concerns like i said are for the victims of drug abuse and crimes something which the truth be known goes right to the top of our system.
The fact that drugs indirectly cause many other crimes thus have trickle down effect on crime in general does not seem to phase the trendies until of cause they are the victims then I suppose we would never hear the end of the whinging.

btw my solutions might surprise you. Currently the biggest threat to the drug trade is Legalisation not prohibition.
I would actually be all for the legalisation of drugs that way Org crime etc.. would no longer have any interest in the trade since heroin or coc aine would be as common as cannabis however users would be in highly supervised centres e.g injecting rooms etc.. as it is only scarcity that pushed up demand in the first place.As it would be legal and common as cannabis or alcohol organised crime would lose interest in it (no demand) almost overnight as with what happened with prohibition of alcohol in the 1930s in the US. There would be no Dealers if there was no demand due to the current scarcity caused by prohibition.

However none this makes me change my mind on dealers like chan or sukamaran they still scum of the earth murderers for dealing in death(Heroin is death for others)
edit on 29-3-2015 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

That might make you equally bad or worse a bonehead (probably a bikie)that is happy to be runner for those better educated or wealthier dumb enough to believe they actually have you,re interests at heart as if!

So am i a bonehead bikie drug runner . You do know that personnel attacks rarely work and are a sign of weakness . If nothing else that made me smile , either that or finishing work for the day .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Sorry bud but you just dont strike me as being too bright! I am ok with you trading blows i can deal with it in a forum.

Btw the support crew have moved on i guess they have a new fad issue for the week Oh.. yeah the Germanwing plane disaster(even though thousands of miles from Aus) that where its at, not much mention of chan or sukamaran in the last couple of weeks, why not ask yourself why?

edit on 31-3-2015 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join