It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline for a date with a firing squad . Time running out for Bali 9 pair .

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

And a life sentence is more than appropriate.

No need to resort to barbarism.
edit on 16/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It may be Indonesian law, but for a country which is against the Death Penalty (Australia) you can't just sit idly by.

It's against the law in Saudi to steal bread and doing so may result in your hands being chopped off with little more legal process than a cleric and his mate saying he saw you.

Whoever compared the Bali 9 killing innocent people to an 'educated' Aussie deciding to take drugs and ruin their lives, is, in my opinion trolling. You cannot blame weak human nature on drug smugglers, they fill a void they don't create it.

I don't believe in the death penalty for drug smugglers, it's the fact that humans are treated like morons and can choose to smoke and get pissed and kill themselves or others in one instance, but cannot have any other 'deemed illegal' substance for possibly no other reason than money (taxes).

My son can take prescription ADHD tablets but if I neck some once or twice it's illegal...stick a government health warning on it and let me choose.

It's a sad day shooting these people, but when paedophile child murderers get let out in 'civilised' counties to kill again we should look at our own judicial system before criticizing Indonesia.

edit on 16 2 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

And a life sentence is more than appropriate

Not according to Indonesia, the country where the scumbags tried to deal in drugs.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

More wacky stats.

According to this paper..

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

74,000 Australians are dependent on heroin, this was back in 97-98 and heroin usage has dropped since then, so let's pick a fair and easy number of say, 60,000.

So our 2 friends had enough heroin to help out 2/3rds of our entire heroin addicted population for a day.

edit on 16/2/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Not according to Indonesia, the country where the scumbags tried to deal in drugs.

If you been reading the news lately you would know just how wrong that statement is.

But why would you want to read facts when fantasizing about someone being executed is so much more fun huh?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

More wacky stats.

According to this paper..

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

74,000 Australians are dependent on heroin, this was back in 97-98 and heroin usage has dropped since then, so let's pick a fair and easy number of say, 60,000.

So our 2 friends had enough heroin to help out 2/3rds of our entire heroin addicted population for a day.

And killing them has cured how many heroin addicts and prevented how many becoming addicts?

Killing them just made the price of Heroin go up meaning the addicts steal more from us.
edit on 16 2 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Well considering metropolitan Victoria averages over 5 ambulance callouts to heroin related incidences a day. I reckon quite a few actually.

There were 5.21 ambulance attendances related to heroin in metropolitan Melbourne and 0.28 in regional Victoria per day in 2012/13 (these numbers include non-fatal overdose)

www.druginfo.adf.org.au...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

You won't convince these people, I have formed the opinion over the course of this thread and through their refusal to read the facts that they are simply in this to see someone die. It's a sick fantasy or something.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

If you been reading the news lately you would know just how wrong that statement is.

Now you try and claim Indonesia does not have the death penalty for drug dealers, you sure post a lot of crap here!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Yep, you completely missed the point of my post. Congratulations.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
They are dumb, they are paying the price. That's like going to texas to commit murder than being all surprised when you get the death penalty. It's not a secret here, they gambled their lives for a #load of money and lost. Sucks to be them.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

you harp on about facts?
what facts?

Were they arrested in Indonesia smuggling Heroin?
Does Indonesia make clear its penalty for smuggling drugs?

tell me, what magical fact means these men are innocent and don't deserve the death penalty?

what Magical fact has all the legal representatives missed that you happen to be privy to?

it sounds like your opinion, which you seem intent on criticising others for having.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The fact that they have displayed extreme efforts at rehabilitation for one. You would prefer to fall back on your own biased opinion and see them shot just because you THINK they aren't remorseful.

A life sentence is MORE THAN APPROPRIATE for these men. Anything else smacks of bloodlust and desire to see death.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I find the fact that people seem to be CELEBRATING this upcoming execution the most disturbing point about this thread.

Yes, apparently there are people out there who claim to be upstanding citizens yet celebrate when people are executed - as if they vicariously wished THEY were the ones pulling the trigger.

It's sick. It's just plain sick.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I'll give you a free pass for that one Kryties, only because we have a history and because I believe you're approaching this with way too much emotion.

I have no desire to see anyone die, there is no fantasy.

But two drug dealers knowing full well the consequences of their actions being executed is pretty low on the OMG lets have a candlelight vigil scale for me.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
of course they have. they dont want to die. they committed a crime that has a death penalty attached to it, they got caught. now they are trying to convince the world they've changed. Its natural human reaction.

Your opinion is that they have totally changed their ways.
My opinion is that they are drug dealers scared of being shot.

We each have our own opinions, how about you pull your head out of your A** and stop criticising people because they don't have the same opinion as you.

Look, mate I applaud your passion to save some aussies, but this whole BS charade that they are reformed, religious teachers here to do gods work has only happened because they don't want to die and they believe they can fool the judges into believing this story.

They're drug smugglers, that's what they were when they were last real citizens of this society. That is my opinion, as you have yours. Agree, don't agree.. but stop having a go at everyone because they don't agree with you.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I abhore the death penalty and anyone who supports it for any circumstance. I have always had this view and always will.

There are much less barbarous methods of punishment and rehabilitation available without having to resort to killing people. All the evidence proves that the death penalty does not deter crime.

This particular case has an emotional effect on me because I know I did stupid # in my past that I now look back at and regret enormously - and I feel these men have not only displayed genuine remorse but also have made huge efforts to make up for it. The fact that some people wish to ignore this and still see them executed forces me to form the opinion that they simply like to see people killed "just because".

What the hell is wrong with a life sentence? Even without possibility of release? Hmm? The fact that people some people don't want to consider this just goes to proving my point about them fantasizing about death.

I may be coming across as being annoyed - you're damn right I am! How dare people call me a 'bleeding heart' and 'supporter of drug smugglers' for simply trying to inject some logic and reason in what is otherwise a bloodbath of "Off with their heads" type comments.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

and I feel these men have not only displayed genuine remorse but also have made huge efforts to make up for it.

That shows how gullible you are, falling for a convicted drug dealers made up story.

What the hell is wrong with a life sentence?

What is wrong with the death penalty, a penalty the drug dealers knew that they would face when caught?

The fact that people some people don't want to consider this just goes to proving my point about them fantasizing about death.

The fact some people do not want to consider the death penalty just proves my point they fantasise about drug dealers locked up for life

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I strongly suggest anyone in this thread who wishes to see these men executed, please watch this.

I wonder how many of you will bother?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

That shows how gullible you are, falling for a convicted drug dealers made up story.

So I'm now also gullible am I? How many more insults you got up your sleeve for DARING to disagree with you hmm?

What is wrong with the death penalty, a penalty the drug dealers knew that they would face when caught?

EVERYTHING. There are less barbarous methods that actually work, unlike the death penalty which has proven not to work.

The fact some people do not want to consider the death penalty just proves my point they fantasise about drug dealers locked up for life

LOL Really? Did you actually read what you typed?

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel now mate.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join