It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline for a date with a firing squad . Time running out for Bali 9 pair .

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

What has that got to do with anything? Australia has not got the death penalty, they are being executed where they committed their crime, in Indonesia.

You failed to miss the simple point of that paragraph which was that most Aussies do not support the death penalty.

Do not worry, 2 of them are going to be executed shortly.

Don't you mean "put down"? You know, like you described their execution in this thread a few posts back?

Not for much longer, 2 will be gone shortly!

"Put down". Your words. As if they were not human beings at all but animals.

You disgust me.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
which was that most Aussies do not support the death penalty.

Well, as Australia does not have the death penalty that is meaningless.

As if they were not human beings at all but animals.

They have not shown human behaviour but animal behaviour, smuggling drugs that result in death and suffering in Australia, just so they can live the high life. They do not care about anyone but themselves, never considering the families of people using the drugs they smuggled, or the robberies and burglaries and assaults done by people using their drugs - they got the money from drug dealing, but got greedy and now will be rightfully executed for their crime.

All their own fault, but as we see some bleeding hearts do not want them to have to accept any personal responsibility for their drug dealing. But do not worry, the 2 drug dealers will be the ones with bleeding hearts shortly!

Drug dealer supporters disgust most people!
edit on 16-2-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

All of that is simply your OPINION and has no basis in fact nor any influence on the outcome of these executions. I am therefore forced to form my own opinion, of you, that you are simply spouting off because it makes you feel tough to call for strangers deaths and to liken them to animals. I even get the impression it gives you your jollies.

The MOUNTAINS of evidence proving execution does not deter other from committing similar crimes, combined with the Bali mens obvious, confirmed and proven rehabilitation efforts apparently mean nothing to you in your search for blood and death.

Has one of your life's dreams been to be warden of a prison where you would be in charge of executions? It would not surprise me in the slightest to hear that.

edit on 16/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

All of that is simply your OPINION and has no basis in fact

You are wrong again, it is a fact that they are drug smugglers,
It is a fact that they made several trips to smuggle drugs back to Australia,
it is a fact that they only "reformed" themselves when they got a new lawyer and knew clemency was their only hope of survival.
It is a fact that they lied during their trial, only when they were seeking clemency did they tell the truth
It is a fact that they knew the penalty for smuggling drugs in Indonesia is death.

with the Bali mens obvious, confirmed and proven rehabilitation efforts

It is a fact they only started "reforming" after they got a new lawyer and knew clemency was their only hope.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Your assertion that "Drug dealer supporters disgust most people" is clearly wrong and a brilliant example of you literally making things up to suit your argument:

Australian PM Abbott threatens repercussions over Indonesia executions

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has warned Indonesia of the potential for diplomatic fallout if Jakarta goes ahead with the looming execution of two Australian citizens on death row for drugs charges.

Indonesia has harsh penalties for drug trafficking and resumed executions in 2013 after a five-year gap. Five foreigners were among six people executed last month, the first executions since President Joko Widodo took office in October.

Australia has been pursuing an eleventh-hour campaign to save the lives of Myuran Sukumaran, 33, and Andrew Chan, 31, two Australian members of the so-called Bali Nine, convicted in 2005 as the ringleaders of a plot to smuggle heroin out of Indonesia.

The case has enormous resonance as a domestic political issue in Australia, and Abbott ratcheted up the rhetoric at the weekend amid a growing campaign to boycott travel to Bali, one of the most popular destinations for Australian tourists.

"We will be finding ways to make our displeasure felt," Abbott told Australia's Channel Ten on Sunday.

"Millions of Australians are feeling sickened by what might be about to happen in Indonesia."

It was unclear what measures Abbott was considering, but Australia and Indonesia have a long history of diplomatic tension, which has periodically complicated cooperation on regional issues, including people smuggling and intelligence.

Indonesia recalled its envoy and froze military and intelligence cooperation in 2013 after reports that Canberra had spied on top Indonesian officials, including former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's wife.

Full diplomatic cooperation was restored last May, but Foreign Minister Julie Bishop last month refused to rule out following Brazil and the Netherlands in withdrawing its ambassador from Jakarta if the executions went ahead.

Those two countries withdrew their ambassadors last month after two of their citizens were among six people executed for drugs offences.

Australia outlawed capital punishment in 1973 and public opinion staunchly opposes the death penalty for any crime.

The last Australian citizen executed by a foreign government was Nguyen Tuong Van by Singapore in 2005, also on charges of smuggling heroin. That incident had little effect on bilateral relations. But the execution of two Australians for drug offences in Malaysia in 1986 saw relations plummet.

In Sydney, more than 150,000 people signed a petition for clemency handed to the families of the prisoners at the weekend.

A survey released by the Sydney-based Lowy Institute think tank on Monday showed strong public disapproval for the execution, with 62 percent of the 1,211 people surveyed opposing the move.

"As the date for the executions of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran appears to draw closer, Australian public and political opposition is crystallizing," Michael Fullilove, executive director of the Lowy Institute, said in a statement.

A boycott campaign has been building on social media, where Australians have been using the Twitter hashtag #BoycottBali to announce the cancellation of their holiday plans.

International pressure is also mounting over the executions.

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon appealed to Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Thursday not to go ahead.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Here I was thinking we gave up the barbarity of the death sentence back in the 1960's, and that Aussies as a whole opposed the death penalty. It appears, however, that Australia still contains some people who refuse to move out of the Dark Ages.
I am ashamed I have to share this country with people of such limited, barbaric, backward and vicious views.

for crying out loud mate, they broke laws in Indonesia, not Australia. Laws which are clearly defined and everyone knows about. He wasn't some back street peddler, he was smuggling kilo's of heroin.
Stop criticising people because they don't have your feather heart, Its the LAW, he broke it, the consequences were known by him before he broke the law.

regular Australians on the street don't give 2 hoots. 1 week after they've been executed no one will remember their names - and rightly so, they're drug smugglers.

Tell me, the Bali bombers... should they have received the death penalty?
what's the difference? the bombers killed people with a bomb instantly, the drug smugglers kill people slowly.

shoot them now, im sick of this wasting time in the news.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I prefer to take a more human approach and actually take into account their rehabilitation and the support they are receiving from many people in high places - including the governor of the prison they are in, the Secretary General of the UN, most of our politicians here and many many more people.

I am not a monster, apparently others in this thread are.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

hah, its a charade.
you think, if they weren't on death row they'd still be running religious classes? doing art work etc?

If they weren't caught, they'd be smuggling drugs - no doubt about it!

they were caught, they knew they were on the road to the death penalty so they've done everything possible to paint themselves as changed men.

''I was a drug smuggler sending kilo's of heroin, but now im a changed man. I teach religion and art and help people. It has nothing to do with the fact im on death row and you have the final say but.. ''

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Australia doesn't have the death penalty. We did back in the 1960s by hanging.

We just kill people in Afghanistan and Iraq for the war on terror. And right now we are dropping bombs on people in Iraq with F/A-18 Super Hornets, so don't get too high and mighty with the oh we are so civilized we don't kill people stuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

hah, its a charade.
you think, if they weren't on death row they'd still be running religious classes? doing art work etc?

That is your OPINION. Can you show me definitive PROOF that it's a charade? NO YOU CANNOT.

Therefore you wish to see people executed based solely on your OPINION ONLY.

If they weren't caught, they'd be smuggling drugs - no doubt about it!

Another OPINION that cannot be backed up with ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER.

they were caught, they knew they were on the road to the death penalty so they've done everything possible to paint themselves as changed men.

IN YOUR OPINION. You have NO PROOF that it is a charade.

''I was a drug smuggler sending kilo's of heroin, but now im a changed man. I teach religion and art and help people. It has nothing to do with the fact im on death row and you have the final say but.. ''

From my position all I am seeing is people condemning these two men to death based solely on UNPROVABLE OPINIONS that hold no basis in fact whatsoever. This brings me back to my point about me not being a monster, unlike others in this thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

He's facing a firing squad. I'm confident he will do anything within his power to try and make a case that he shouldn't be shot.
Wouldn't you?

The unfortunate fact is he got caught in the act. He doesn't get the chance to prove after years in prison that he's a changed man.

tell me, if your daughter or son died injecting heroin that he was selling on the street.. would you still be so compassionate?

I think not!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Wow, evil Australia! Killing "people" in Iraq, those that you call people are animals and as far as I know there has been no civilian casualties from the current mission in Iraq.

Hey did you know that Australia is one of the highest aide giving countries in the world, per capita.

Evil Australia...

edit on 16/2/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

From my position all I am seeing is people condemning these two men to death based solely on UNPROVABLE OPINIONS that hold no basis in fact whatsoever.

What garbage you post, they are condemned to death because they are convicted drug smugglers in a country where the penalty for that is death.

That is not a opinion, it is a proven fact. You apparent support for convicted drug smugglers is sickening.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I suppose i should start with the obligatory
"i don't agree with killing anything I'm not going to eat or isn't trying to kill me"

That said, we need to look at the reality of the situation.. which is thus,
Indonesia couldn't care less what we think, that petition (I'm sorry to say to those that signed) is shredded kindling once it arrived, Those men we're dead men walking months ago as soon as Widodo won the election.

The efforts over the past month, are curious.. to say the least. Nothing we can do will change the outcome, yet there has been so much "emotional outcry" you'd think there was an actual chance of saving these 2 men.

But there isn't, and there never was.. and anyone getting emotionally invested in this (that isn't directly involved) is being played like a fiddle.

I don't like how this is being handled, I don't like seeing my country whipped up into a frenzy over matters they have no hand in. And honestly I really don't like where this is heading.. neither "leader" is to be trusted.. one just obtained power.. and the others trying desperately to hold on to his (and failing IMO).

This is whole lot bigger than the current talking points we are locked into heated debate over.. you need to look under the surface to the seeds being planted.. and the deep division it's causing.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

He's facing a firing squad. I'm confident he will do anything within his power to try and make a case that he shouldn't be shot.
Wouldn't you?

Doesn't matter, it's still only your opinion with no actual basis in fact.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I didn't say evil Australia you said that. Just pointing out the Australian government kills people so jumping up and down about Indonesia executing 2 convicted drug smugglers seems a bit hypocritical I think.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

They had enough to give 40,000 addicts their hit for a day.

Wonder how many of those would overdose?

Of those overdoses, I wonder how many actually die?

I would hazard a guess the answer is more than 2.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

It came across to me as demonising, my apologies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join