It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline for a date with a firing squad . Time running out for Bali 9 pair .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
They have PROVEN, beyond a shadow of a doubt and to the satisfaction of many law figures in both Indonesia and Australia that they have rehabilitated and are making supreme efforts to continue to help themselves and others.

No they have not, if you looked when they started sucking up it was after they were convicted and their appeal failed, so their new lawyer told them their only chance for clemency was to start sucking up to everyone.

They did not make a mistake, they made 2 trips to smuggle drugs back from Indonesia, but were caught on their second trip. That is not a mistake.

What is sickening is the support some give to unrepentant drug dealers.
edit on 15-2-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

No they have not, if you looked when they started sucking up it was after they were convicted and their appeal failed, so their new lawyer told them their only chance for clemency was to start sucking up to everyone.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Don't put words into others mouths and literally make stuff up to suit your argument. It's poor form.

What is sickening is the support some give to unrepentant drug dealers.

What is sickening is your continued false assertions that the two men are "unrepentant".

Even the GOVERNOR OF THE PRISON they are in has said these two deserve clemency - and this is a man who has sent many others off to their deaths without saying a word. I believe this man and the others who have personally seem the work these two have done - rather some Internet coward such as yourself judging these two from the comfort of your own home based on falsehoods and outright lies.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
Sorry but I still say # them. What was that thing the roman's did? Oh yeah I remember.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

What is sickening is your continued false assertions that the two men are "unrepentant".

You are very wrong again - have a look at the petition some bleeding hearts started, in it it states

September 2006 had been sentenced to death three times. From that time he changed lawyers, and slowly turned his life around, facing up to his wrongdoing and reforming himself.

So as you can see it was only when their new lawyer told them sucking up was their only chance of clemency, before that date they did nothing.

based on falsehoods and outright lies.

The only falsehoods and lies are coming from you.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Sorry but I still say # them. What was that thing the roman's did? Oh yeah I remember.

The Romans, what happened to them again? Oh yeah, that's right, their civilisation collapsed.

Good plan

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

You are very wrong again - have a look at the petition some bleeding hearts started, in it it states

September 2006 had been sentenced to death three times. From that time he changed lawyers, and slowly turned his life around, facing up to his wrongdoing and reforming himself.

So as you can see it was only when their new lawyer told them sucking up was their only chance of clemency, before that date they did nothing.

How do you know this? Were you in the room with them when they had this conversation. NO YOU WERE NOT.

Stop making stuff up to suit your argument.

The only falsehoods and lies are coming from you.

And yet there you are literally MAKING STUFF UP to suit your argument.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

How do you know this?

Well, I read the petition, something you obviously did not do...

And yet there you are literally MAKING STUFF UP to suit your argument.

Still wrong, why are you ignoring the petition their supporters wanted people to sign?

Most Australians can see through their sucking up,, pity you cannot!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Which totally goes against the rule of Indonesian law by allowing politics to enter discussions of law.

Dude, its Indonesia.. we've always known how it works over there - if you were expecting western style democracy you were sadly mistaken. Its not like the government set these two up.. they broke the law and not just in a small way. The penalty was always known to be death. There's nothing more to it.

Did YOU consider the consequences of your actions when you were young and stupid? If you answer YES then I will be calling bull#.

The two who are facing execution are 32 and 31 I think? ... they are not just young stupid kids. After reading the wiki profile about them, they appeared to be very aware of what they were doing - it was a significant operation.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are more important things our government need to be focusing on.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Well, I read the petition, something you obviously did not do...

I signed the damn petition mate, I know exactly what it says - and NOWHERE does it say they were told by ANYONE to suck up as their only chance of clemency.

Stop making stuff up.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

The two who are facing execution are 32 and 31 I think?

They were in their early 20's when this happened mate, you're only counting their ages NOW, not when this happened.

edit on 15/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

fair call, he was 22...but still in charge of:

Indonesian police also arrested Si Yi Chen, Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen, Myuran Sukumaran and Matthew Norman at the Melasti Hotel in Kuta. Indonesian police claim that this latter group were in possession of 334 g (11.8 oz) of heroin and bundles of plastic wrapping, Elastoplast tape, and a set of scales, indicating involvement in a plan to transport drugs to Australia.[21]

not just a drug user, or a local peddler but a prepared smuggler. He had more than enough time to understand what he was doing was wrong.

a Young Stupid idiot would try and buy a joint on the street.. not smuggle kilo's of heroin!

I'm sorry for the families of these men, but get it over with and get it off the radar.
edit on am559288152015-02-15T05:59:36-06:00052015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I've had just about enough of this barbaric nonsense. Most of the people in this thread calling for their blood are just posturing and acting tough and blindly bleeting what their drunken mates at the pub "reckon should happen to them".

Anyone calling for their execution is NOT in possession of all the facts, some have admittedly even said they don't know much about the case yet would still see them shot. THIS IS SICK. THIS IS INDICATIVE OF SERIOUS MENTAL PROBLEMS.

Anyway, I'm out. It's clear to me you lot just want to bathe in their blood while getting your jollies out of seeing them die. I will have no part of this any further.

Enjoy howling at the moon folks.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Anyone calling for their execution is NOT in possession of all the facts,

So let us look at the facts. The 2 had made a previous smuggling trip to Indonesia, and they successfully smuggled drugs back into Australia. So they arranged a 2nd trip, contacted their dealer over there to buy 8kg of heroin took bags and tape etc with them to strap the heroin again to the mules bodies, They knew exactly what they were doing, it was not a mistake.

Sukumaran first.
When they were caught

Sukumaran remained mostly silent throughout proceedings and blamed amnesia for his poor recollections of events leading to his arrest.

Sukumaran met with Si Yi Chen, Martin Stephens and Lawrence at a Sydney hotel where police allege drug smuggling tools such as sealable plastic bags, medical tape, elastic waist bands and skin tight bike shorts were stuffed into the bags of Stephens and Lawrence.

So he had planned it in advance, it was not a mistake.

During his trial, Sukumaran denied knowing Czugaj and Rush, or any knowledge of a heroin importation plan, and frequently blamed amnesia on his inability to remember events leading to his arrest.[33] Sukumaran denied signing police statements, and when asked by judges to sign his name as an example of his signature, signed his name in four different styles.[32] During his testimony, Sukumaran claimed he met Nguyen on the flight to Bali, and went out drinking with him, Chen, Norman and Chan whilst in Bali.[33]

So he constantly lied, and refused to admit he was guilty.

Then in 2011 he said

Six years and four months ago I wouldn't think about drawing, art, working with all these people."

So only after he was found guilty did he start sucking up.

Andrew Chan
On his first smuggling trip

on 22 October 2004, Sukumaran strapped packages to the body of both Lawrence and Chan, and with Chan's girlfriend, Grace, boarded a commercial flight to Australia, successfully clearing security, customs and immigration in both Indonesia and Australia. Lawrence claimed that she and Chan were met at the airport, the packages removed, all of them taken to another house, and then Lawrence went home. A few days later Lawrence claimed that Chan handed her an envelope with A$10,000 cash.[14][18]

That was successful,

so Lawrence claimed that a similar trip was organised following Chan's orders, where she departed Australia on 5 December 2004. Lawrence claimed that seven others were involved, including Chan, Matthew Norman, and Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen (going by the alias of David). Lawrence claimed that she was again given cash to purchase airflights and accommodation for eight days, staying again at the Istana Rama in Kuta. However, the second delivery was aborted when heroin suppliers failed to deliver "due to a financial matter or someone knowing about the plan the shipment was cancelled".[14]

So another smuggling trip, but no drugs this time. Then again in 2005

According to media reports, police records show that during his stay in Bali, Chan was in daily contact with Lawrence, until 13 April, when Chan changed his mobile phone number. On the same day, Chan instructed Lawrence and other members of the Bali Nine to change hotels. The original planned departure date of 14 April from Bali was delayed[14] as Chan suspected Australian and Indonesian police were aware of his plans.

During Chan's trial

Throughout his trial, Chan remained silent.[34] During his final plea, reading from a two-page statement, Chan commented:[34][35]

"I didn't say anything in court because if I did, I'd be lying. The truth is, I know nothing

So he lied. then

In his final appeal, Chan was reported as stating:[13]
"I apologise to the Indonesian people, I also apologise to my family and I realise that my actions have brought shame and suffering to my whole family.

So as you all clearly see, it was not a "mistake", then knew exactly what they were doing, and had made previous trips.
That is the facts of the matter, however as we see some people refuse to accept them, simply claiming that they made a "mistake"

. I will have no part of this any further.

Garbage, another false story from you, you will be back.

As I stated, you are back!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I've had just about enough of this barbaric nonsense. Most of the people in this thread calling for their blood are just posturing and acting tough and blindly bleeting what their drunken mates at the pub "reckon should happen to them".

Anyone calling for their execution is NOT in possession of all the facts, some have admittedly even said they don't know much about the case yet would still see them shot. THIS IS SICK. THIS IS INDICATIVE OF SERIOUS MENTAL PROBLEMS.

Anyway, I'm out. It's clear to me you lot just want to bathe in their blood while getting your jollies out of seeing them die. I will have no part of this any further.

Enjoy howling at the moon folks.

I guess the moral of the story is "Don't smuggle drugs"

And also if their death deters others from acting on the same thoughts of such actions, then it's a good death as it hasn't been in vain. Apart from that they really don't impress me at all. Hey, I just had an idea. Let's lighten the mood of this thread a little bit.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

And also if their death deters others from acting on the same thoughts of such actions, then it's a good death as it hasn't been in vain. Apart from that they really don't impress me at all.

IT DOESN'T. It has been conclusively proven that the death penalty for drug smugglers DOES NOT DETER OTHERS.

I have said this REPEATEDLY throughout the thread yet people continue to ignore me - I wonder why that is? Would it be the same as putting on blinders because you don't want to accept the truth?

Does the death penalty deter drug smugglers?

Indonesia, certainly, has the right to tackle the issue of drug abuse, but does the death penalty work as the attorney-general suggests and deter drug trafficking? Many argue there is little evidence of a link.

Some countries where drug trafficking carries the death penalty – such as China and Iran – still have big drug problems, says John Ryan, the CEO of drug research and advocacy organisation Pennington Institute.

"The scale of people who get caught drug trafficking and the scale of the drug market proves most people think they will get away with it and are prepared to play Russian roulette."

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop was also sceptical. "I don't believe that executing people is the answer to solving the drug problem and certainly the trafficking of drugs in and out of Indonesia," she told Sky News this week.

Jeffrey Fagan, who provided expert testimony during a constitutional challenge against the death penalty in 2007, said drug offenders are prone to "hyperdiscounting".

"Their reasoning in the face of threats of harsh punishment is skewed."

If the death penalty did deter drug traffickers, it would suggest that supply would reduce in the particular country, pushing up prices. Drug use would then also fall.

But a study of the experience of Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia between 1999 and 2005, a time when Singapore and Malaysia were executing heavily and Indonesia was not, shows that drugs were significant cheaper in Singapore and Malaysia Drug use also rose in both countries and remained more prevalent in Singapore than Indonesia.

"During this era, 73 persons were executed in Singapore [including more than half who were drug offenders], compared to two in Indonesia," Kagan said. "Yet drug trafficking was increasing and drug prices were lower in Singapore."

Bet you won't bother to read that either.

I challenge you to Google "Does the death penalty deter drug smuggling". Just about every result is one to the negative. But why trust science and logic when there is BLOOD to be had, right?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I care as little as they did about the lives they destroy with their heroin. ZERO!
I care about civilians caught in war zones, I care about kids dying from cancer and I care about the disabled and homeless. But don't go preaching to me how I should feel about a couple of pathetic drug smugglers who are about to meet their fate! Because I don't give a toss

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I care as little as they did about the lives they destroy with their heroin. ZERO!
I care about civilians caught in war zones, I care about kids dying from cancer and I care about the disabled and homeless. But don't go preaching to me how I should feel about a couple of pathetic drug smugglers who are about to meet their fate! Because I don't give a toss

Then that makes you no better than the drug smugglers themselves. You claim they peddled death and destruction, and you are also peddling their death and destruction. Particularly when you are ignoring CLEAR evidence that these men shouldn't be executed.

I really don't care if you like that or not, you disgust me.

For shame.

edit on 16/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You claim they peddled death and destruction,

That is not a claim, it is a FACT!

Particularly when you are ignoring CLEAR evidence that these men shouldn't be executed.

There is zero evidence these scumbag drug dealers should not be executed, they knew the penalty for drug dealing in Indonesia, they had made several trips there before to smuggle drugs back, this time they got caught and now they and their supporters are whining about the fact that they are getting what they deserve under Indonesian law, the death penalty.

What is shameful is people supporting drug dealers.

Anyway, they will be executed this week, so the bleeding hearts can then find another scumbag to fawn over.

I thought you were leaving this thread?
edit on 16-2-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Here I was thinking we gave up the barbarity of the death sentence back in the 1960's, and that Aussies as a whole opposed the death penalty.

It appears, however, that Australia still contains some people who refuse to move out of the Dark Ages.

I am ashamed I have to share this country with people of such limited, barbaric, backward and vicious views.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Here I was thinking we gave up the barbarity of the death sentence back in the 1960's, and that Aussies as a whole opposed the death penalty.

What has that got to do with anything? Australia has not got the death penalty, they are being executed where they committed their crime, in Indonesia. Do try and keep up.

It appears, however, that Australia still contains some people who refuse to move out of the Dark Ages.

Do not worry, 2 of them are going to be executed shortly.

I am ashamed I have to share this country with people of such limited, barbaric, backward and vicious views.

Not for much longer, 2 will be gone shortly!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join