It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline for a date with a firing squad . Time running out for Bali 9 pair .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: hellobruce

"put down"

Really .

Yeah, he's a real piece of work.

Bloody disgusting. I can't believe people who think like him actually exist. He's an oxygen thief if you ask me.

edit on 14/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Funny how you seem to think that people, particularly young people, can't make mistakes

Funny how you think drug dealers flying to Indonesia, then smuggling drugs into Australia, then flying back to Indonesia to smuggle more drugs back to Australia is just a "mistake"!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

It always makes me laugh when i hear the term oxygen thief regardless of the circumstances . However in my opinion these men are about to be executed along with those before them because President Widodo wants to shore up his power base . Yes you President Widodo .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So you never EVER made a mistake in your life? You never did something wrong then regretted it?

I call Bull#.

These two deserve a second chance. Nobody is saying release them, not even themselves, but a life sentence would be more appropriate and beneficial to the prison they are in due to the good works they have been doing.

Go and peddle your atrocious backward thinking elsewhere. Perhaps you should join the "Bestgore" forums where you can discuss your bloodlust and desire to see people executed to your hearts content.

edit on 14/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

So you never EVER made a mistake in your life?

Flying twice to a country to smuggle drugs back to Australia is NOT a "mistake"

The fact that you seem to think that it is a mistake says a lot about you!
edit on 14-2-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Flying twice to a country to smuggle drugs back to Australia is NOT a "mistake"

That would be your opinion, one that has proven to be exceptionally biased, backward and quite vicious.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
On the 1st day of June 1992 my sister died from a heroin overdose, she was 24. I have personally seen how it destroys a person, their family and loved ones. I have lived it, I have fought it and it still affects me to this day many years later. I hope they #ing rot in hell, I would spit on their graves.

Australia wont boycott anything, it's just posturing from people trying to score points.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
On the 1st day of June 1992 my sister died from a heroin overdose, she was 24. I have personally seen how it destroys a person, their family and loved ones. I have lived it, I have fought it and it still affects me to this day many years later. I hope they #ing rot in hell, I would spit on their graves.

Australia wont boycott anything, it's just posturing from people trying to score points.

Another person who thinks executing people answers problems, in spite of the mountains of evidence against.

I am sorry about your sister. Being dependant on drugs can be a horrible thing. Many people also deal those same drugs they take to support their own habit. These people need help, not execution.

I notice nobody seem to give a # about the kingpins who are still free and living a life of luxury? As long as you can get your kicks out of seeing SOMEONE executed (doesn't matter who) then it makes you feel a bit better?

The backwards mentality is strong in this forum.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I'm pro-execution. One of the few you mentioned.

Normally I'm well on Kryties side of things. In fact a lot of thought went into my position, I was very close to signing a Change.org petition to help them. I stared at the email for ages. Almost wanted to help them. I've heard their family and my heart breaks for them, it honestly does.

But right now the effects of drugs in my area are decimating our teens. These guys claim they only did this once and got caught, I don't believe that. Who knows how much they have got away with before. Only a complete fool doesn't know what these drugs do. They are killing people. Killing people. Innocent hooked kids, teens and parents even. Something must be done. If we keep too soft on this we are willfully letting these smugglers kill at random. It will never end.

As I said, I'm normally very much left and for rehabilitation, but I firmly believe to do so is causing far more harm and heartache to 100's more who would have taken these drugs. It's horrible, I'm am so sorry for them, but the selfish stupidity of smugglers has to mean something. Their deaths will hopefully deter other thickheads, and perhaps lead to a better community.

(I'm very at odds with myself being in this position, but I'm trying to think of the wider heard here)
Edit: I really hope the kingpins get taken down Kryties, I have no blood lust honestly and it truthfully makes me sick - I hope to never feel like this again and I haven't taken my position lightly.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Prove to me that executing people solves the drug problem and deters others from doing it.

All the evidence points to the contrary, so I am left with the opinion that those who still call for execution are simply wanting people executed to satisfy their own urges to see death and destruction.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hmmm. It is tough. But I think it may be enough for at least some of these mules to know what awaits them if caught. Some will still roll the dice especially if it's 10 years or something with a roof over their head and meals. Sometimes thats a better life. But death, it's final. I think it's enough to make some of them think. True results might take 20 plus years show change, maybe fifty? Who knows. But we either keep letting these selfish killers keep breeding, or decide what is best for society on a wider scale.

The other alternatives are like over here (Oz), where they might get 10 years of pretty lousy prison, associating with other scum bags. If we had something like Icelands or Norways prison system, I think that it would be worth at least trying for 10 or so years to see if they actually make changes for the better. But to be honest, we both know that's not going to happen down-under.

Next alternative is life in prison, where we pay millions keeping these guys alive who are responsible for countless deaths. That's madness isnt it? Honestly I feel horrible for being on this side of the fence, but this is for the wider good otherwise I would not be taking this position.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

Next alternative is life in prison, where we pay millions keeping these guys alive who are responsible for countless deaths. That's madness isnt it? Honestly I feel horrible for being on this side of the fence, but this is for the wider good otherwise I would not be taking this position.

Execution costs more than imprisonment for life, a fact that has also been conclusively proven.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well that may well be the case in the USA with the machines and doctors, and where every lawyer under the sun rubs his hands at delay after appeal after re-trials for decades. The process could be made far more easier and cost effective.
If caught red handed smuggling the drugs. That's it. From that point they need to get on with it. No appeals, no special monitoring cells - get them out there and sort it within a few months tops. Send a message.

Urgh. Man, I hate being on this side. I'm watching some kids close to me succumb to ice and it is has really pushed me to this position, as I said I was almost on your team but I can see that in my area of Victoria if the 'gentle' 10 years of prison does not work otherwise why is there an Ice epidemic?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
well i suppose a quick end is better than the United States legal system where if you are caught with a bit of plant for the third time , you get life in prison .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

well i suppose a quick end is better than the United States legal system where if you are caught with a bit of plant for the third time , you get life in prison .

My guess is that 99 percent of the time people would choose a life sentence over death although i have nothing to back that statement up .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Even more than that Kryties, I hope ALL help to Indonesia is halted immediately and if anything bad happens in their country in the future, I hope NO aide is forthcoming. Heard a discussion at the club the other evening this bloke said he "can't understand why they allow monkeys to use guns" I know that's a bit ripe but the sentiment is pretty much true in that they are showing they are very primitive. Hypocracy abounds as well as they are petitioning to get the death penalty for some of the citizens overturned for similar crimes. So in my opinion, wododo has to gogo

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It makes rational sense and embraces a humane approach to apply iterative justice. get caught once with drugs 10 year, twice 20 years, and three times the death penalty etc. Going straight to death penalty just reveals their is no room your humanity in justice and that is a reflective quality of the society itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Bali nine death sentence judges 'asked for bribes' for a lighter sentence: new claim

The six judges who handed down the death penalty to the Bali nine pair on death row offered to give them a lighter sentence in exchange for money, the men's Indonesian legal team allege.

The sensational allegation is contained in a letter sent by the legal team of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to Indonesia's judicial committee, claiming there had been a breach of ethics.

The letter says the judges received pressure from "certain parties" to hand out the death penalty.

The lawyers, led by human rights advocate Todung Mulya Lubis, also told the judicial committee that all six judges who brought down the death sentence had breached ethics. The letter says the judges received pressure from "certain parties" to hand out the death penalty.

The new claim follows the shock intervention of the Bali nine's former legal counsel, Muhammad Rifan, last weekend, who said there had been an "intervention" that could discredit him but provided no details.

In an extraordinary statement after visiting the men inside Kerobokan prison, Mr Rifan said he was prepared to "take the heat" and provide the "never revealed evidence" to Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran's current lawyer, Todung Mulya Lubis.

"It's something that implicates us, it could discredit me. But for them I will take it. I told Myuran it's okay," Mr Rifan said cryptically. "It's one last thing I can do for them."

Following his dramatic, if imprecise, comments, Mr Rifan left Indonesia to travel to Mecca for a religious pilgrimage.

The lawyers, meanwhile, have also written to Indonesia's Attorney-General, H.M Prasetyo, requesting a stay of execution for Chan and Sukumaran, who are due to be executed this month.

They say their clients have an outstanding legal challenge in the administrative court and there is still a chance for their clients to have their sentence commuted.

The letter to the judicial committee is the third appeal this year by the pair's lawyers.

A bid for a second judicial review foundered after it was found it contained no new evidence.

A case lodged with the Administration Court is pending, although Mr Prasetyo has already requested that it be dismissed.

Mr Prasetyo's conduct has raised questions about the independence of Indonesia's judiciary.

Chan and Sukumaran have been facing imminent execution for several weeks. On Monday, Australian embassy officials will attend a meeting in Jakarta with the Indonesian government to discuss the arrangements for the killing by firing squad.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The letter says the judges received pressure from "certain parties" to hand out the death penalty.

yes, from the government!

These boys are going to be shot. They broke the law of the land, they knew the consequences of their actions and continued anyway. Their own stupidity killed them, not the Presidents hard actions again drugs.

The President says:

"There are 64 [people] sentenced to death by the courts and as I've said about clemency request for drugs cases, I will never give clemency,"

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

yes, from the government!

Which totally goes against the rule of Indonesian law by allowing politics to enter discussions of law.

These boys are going to be shot. They broke the law of the land, they knew the consequences of their actions and continued anyway. Their own stupidity killed them, not the Presidents hard actions again drugs.

Did YOU consider the consequences of your actions when you were young and stupid? If you answer YES then I will be calling bull#.

These two deserve a second chance. They have PROVEN, beyond a shadow of a doubt and to the satisfaction of many law figures in both Indonesia and Australia that they have rehabilitated and are making supreme efforts to continue to help themselves and others.

Many of the people in this thread, and elsewhere, who want to see these men dead have NOT looked into the case and are simply succumbing to their own desire to see executions, blood and death.

It's, quite frankly, sickening to me that I have to live in the same country as you people.

For shame.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join