It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline for a date with a firing squad . Time running out for Bali 9 pair .

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

The death penalty was abolished in French law in 1981. It is now also forbidden by the French constitution, and by several human rights treaties to which France is a party.

Replying without fact checking makes you look , well stupid .

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Everyone needs to accept it... then purchase their airasia super special return fora 4 day binge drinking fest in a bintang singlet and flip-flops, trashing their island with waste and smut and completely ignoring their local customs.

Attitudes like that are just the problem not just from Aussies but all middle class white tourists. So why dont theses celebrities put their money where their mouth is boycott things Indonesian or will most middle class aussies boycott travel to bali in protest doubt it not a chance. Aussies are whingers like english but when come to the crunch they will do #all.
edit on 28-4-2015 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You are stupid so its ok! Not so sure about your facts but i will check them. In any case many other nations including US which is the Global trend setter still have Death Penalty but no mention of their record in this area. After all keep being reminded by the bleeding hearts here that this is about standing against the Death Penalty in General not just Chan or Sukamaran.
edit on 28-4-2015 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well I have been to Bali,back in 1998 even then they gave you a brochure before you landed saying if you deal drugs we will kill you these guys spun the barrel and drew the loaded chamber,whilst I am not keen on the death penalty its not my country and I have no right pontificating to them like these celebrities are,my main beef is the unprofessional and circus/carnival type show the Indonesians have put on .....very ordinary

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Some forget in the media hype , that these two weren't carrying drugs , they didn't have too, they had drug mules, yes the other 7 still in jail not looking or will ever see the end of the barrel . See these guys were the king pins , making # loads of money from drug addicts, wrecking families tearing them apart back in Australia , that is why they are looking down the end of a barrel. Indonesia realises this I just wish others would , after seeing first hand what happens when family members get hooked on this # , give me the friggn gun and I wouldn't hesitate , hell I may even miss my first shot on purpose

Wal

edit on 28-4-2015 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Sorry , it was very childish to call you stupid . I should have let the facts stand for themselves .

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

In any case it would be very easy for a nation that use to have the Death Penalty to reinstate it again i am sure French Gov would have reconsidered that for Charlie Hebdo killers.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Everyone who has said that they either support, or are uncaring towards, the imminent execution of Sukumaran and Chan should read this, although you may not like what you read:

Three excuses for the Bali nine death penalty - and why they're all sickeningly wrong

"I'm not in favour of the death penalty, but, you know, I can see why people think they deserve it." So goes the hypocritical sentiment echoing across Australia when conversation turns to Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

Somehow it has become fashionable to believe that these two young men, aged 31 and 33, deserve their fate, with a dubious poll even apparently showing the majority of people support their impending murder. All grist to the mill for pundits who have come out to call for their deaths.

When it happens, bullets will rip through their flesh, slashing their blood vessels and causing massive haemorrhages. If they are lucky, it will be quick, this process of bleeding to death.

But perhaps the bullets will miss their vital organs and it will be slow, and painful.

We kill animals this way, too, by letting them bleed out. But at least we give cows the reprieve of stunning them first.

Yet for Chan and Sukumaran, some are willing to throw all morality and good sense on the bonfire of tabloid bloodlust, and replace it with half-thought arguments and self-satisfied justifications.

They tend to go along three lines:

Indonesia has a "right" to enforce its own laws.

Well, yes, it does, but that doesn't mean we should support those laws.

If a law is unjust, why would we agree with its enforcement, particularly when it involves the death penalty?

When women are sentenced to be stoned to death overseas you don't hear people saying "well, she knew that was the law when she had sex, and that country has a right to enforce its laws".

No, we say it's an immoral act - and we applaud people who fight against it. We are shocked by how much the punishment exceeds the "crime", and we are sickened by the brutality of a state that thinks it has the right to take a life, to torture. The vast public outpouring for Australian journalist Peter Greste, convicted for the laughable crime of "spreading false news", shows just how willing we are to reject another country's unjust laws.

Secondly, they say "they were drug dealers, and drugs kill people, too".

Well, I didn't realise we were reverting back to the days of eye-for-an-eye punishments - a concept first introduced in Babylonian times - but if we have, let's not be inconsistent about it.

How about introducing the death penalty for drunk drivers, or tobacco industry executives?

After all, in the latter case we have numerous people who knew, for decades, their product was deadly for one in two of the people who use it (making it even more deadly than heroin).

Some companies profited for years while they hid evidence, lied to the public and influenced governments, and now are continuing their deadly behaviour in developing countries.

Of course, it would be barbaric to see the chief executives of these companies taken to an island off the coast somewhere and shot.

But for some reason we don't think the same thing about Chan and Sukumaran, who have been personally responsible for zero deaths.

Finally, the third argument goes, "Chan and Sukumaran knew what they were getting into, so why should we care about them?"

One former newspaper editor even argued it was wrong for people to be focusing on Chan and Sukumaran when there are so many innocents awaiting the death penalty everywhere. But it's not unusual for Australians - and our media - to care more about what's happening to other Australians abroad, no matter what the issue.

But drug importers are easy targets to criticise in columns. They don't seem like us, these young Australian men, and what they did seems unimaginably stupid. It's easy to make harsh judgements about a decision we would never have made ourselves - even easier to take the moral high ground from a drug-dealer. (All the while conveniently ignoring the fact that there were other people who knew what they were doing, too, namely the Australian Federal Police who let them go to their deaths.)

Perhaps all this is just a way of safely living out our most primitive revenge fantasies?

After all, this way we get to keep our moral high ground about capital punishment, insisting that we are still not in favour of it. But we can't help it if those brutal Indonesians like giving out cruel punishments, so out of "respect" to their culture we'll support them. Well, how about instead we respect them by treating them as our moral equals, who are just as capable of rejecting the death penalty as us?

We should never support the death penalty, which is not a deterrent and only serves to allow governments to enforce a most brutal, unjust, irrational "justice" - generally against those who have the least resources and ability to defend themselves.

When Chan and Sukumaran die I will feel for them. I will think of their grieving families, of their brutal, bloody deaths and just the sickening waste of it all. And I hope those Australians safely on their moral high-ground will pause for just a moment, and think about just what it is they have been advocating for.

edit on 28/4/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sorry not moved by your cut and paste job. Many Australians are suffering due to ICE addition at the moment i have more sympathy for their situation. HAHA nad i have to chuckle when you say it has be come a trend to be pro their execution.
Even if it were the case that grass roots decent pple of Australia talking instead of arrogant politicans and decadent d grade actors (all Freemasons or OTO) which most aussie actors and they wonder why their films are third rate compared to Hollywood not that mainstream anything interests me.
Thirdly your strike me as being hippie,heathen pagan,occult type and have nothing disdain for your lifestyle choice.I suppose you also smoke pot every day or worse everyday which explains everything. bTW if no one understands my conspiracy theories just remember what ats claims to be or atleast once claimed to be!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Wow, you couldn't have gotten me more wrong if you tried.

Congratulations, I shall no longer be taking any notice of anything you say as you have proven yourself to be of extremely low intelligence and therefore not worthy of my time to notice or further reply to.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
If a law is unjust, why would we agree with its enforcement, particularly when it involves the death penalty?

There is nothing unjust about executing drug dealers....

It's easy to make harsh judgements about a decision we would never have made ourselves - even easier to take the moral high ground from a drug-dealer.

This was not the first time these 2 went to Indonesia to smuggle drugs, so they knew exactly what they were doing, and what the penalty was. Chan also had mules going to Hong Kopnd to smuggle drugs back, and threaten them from prison after they were caught.

namely the Australian Federal Police who let them go to their deaths.

What garbage, the AFP cannot stop someone leaving Australia with zero evidence, and the AFP just did their job - protected Australia from drugs.

Well, how about instead we respect them by treating them as our moral equals, who are just as capable of rejecting the death penalty as us?

How about we accept that it is their country, their laws apply in their country and not push our fake morality on them.

We should never support the death penalty,

Yes we should....

which is not a deterrent

It will certainly deter these 2 scumbags from smuggling drugs anymore!

When Chan and Sukumaran die I will feel for them.

Most Australians will not, only the latte sippers will "feel" for them until something else catches their attention.

I will think of their grieving families

Well, that is more than these 2 ever did, they have shown they do not really care for their families by their actions!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

There is nothing unjust about executing drug dealers....

Under dubious circumstances, when their legal processes haven't been completed, and when they have clearly proven to have made extreme efforts at rehabilitation?

There is something very wrong with you if you think this execution is just and right mate.

This was not the first time these 2 went to Indonesia to smuggle drugs, so they knew exactly what they were doing, and what the penalty was. Chan also had mules going to Hong Kopnd to smuggle drugs back, and threaten them from prison after they were caught.

Apparently rehabilitation and sincere regret mean nothing to you. As long as you get to vicariously execute someone and fulfill your bloodlust who cares, right?

What garbage, the AFP cannot stop someone leaving Australia with zero evidence, and the AFP just did their job - protected Australia from drugs.

NO THEY DID NOT. As per Australian law they are not allowed to give information to another country where the death penalty is on the table. They could have waited until they got to Australia and arrested them then. You are just hungry to see someone executed, because of a sick and demented mind.

How about we accept that it is their country, their laws apply in their country and not push our fake morality on them.

No. How about we stand up for what is right and just? The death penalty has proven not to work stemming the tide of drugs so the only conclusion is that it is out of vicious political gain that they are being executed - despite the numerous reasons why they shouldnt be.

Yes we should....

Sick, demented and bloodlustful people are the only ones who support the death penalty these days.

It will certainly deter these 2 scumbags from smuggling drugs anymore!

And nobody else, hence the idea that it deters others is null and void - proven multiple times.

Most Australians will not, only the latte sippers will "feel" for them until something else catches their attention.

Most Australians? I disagree, a small minority of vengeful and sick people perhaps.

Well, that is more than these 2 ever did, they have shown they do not really care for their families by their actions!

Wow, what kind of a sick and demented mind can look at whats going on and say that?

Seek help mate, you really need it.

How disgusting.

edit on 28/4/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

You could at least try to not show so much outward enthusiasm and excitement at the impending death of human beings - if not for yourself or others reading this, at least for the families of the condemned.

At least have some dignity and show a little respect, I know that might be hard for you though, showing some humanity.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Under dubious circumstances,

Nothing dubious about it, they finally admitted their guilt.

when their legal processes haven't been completed,

Yes they have (any legal process that will make any difference, that is.)

and when they have clearly proven to have made extreme efforts at rehabilitation?

No they have not, you just fell for their propaganda.

There is something very wrong with you if you think this execution is just and right mate.

No, there is something very wrong with you if you think drug dealers should not be executed in Indonesia.

Apparently rehabilitation and sincere regret

What rehabilitation? They only started claiming that that after they had lied for years, and their new lawyer told them clemency was their only hope. If they had sincere regret they would have told the police who their contacts higher up were, but they refused to.

As per Australian law they are not allowed to give information to another country where the death penalty is on the table.

Care to show us that "Australian law"? The AFP is allowed to give such information

www.smh.com.au... l

Australian Federal Police retain the authority to provide information to foreign police agencies in cases carrying the death penalty, despite an outcry over the imminent executions of Australians Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan in Indonesia. The AFP can also provide information prior to a person being arrested, charged or convicted of an offence where the death penalty applies without seeking approval of Australia's Attorney-General or another relevant minister. "The exchange of law enforcement information is a regular and routine part of mutual co-operation," an AFP spokesperson said. Andrew Chan. Andrew Chan. Photo: Danny Arcadia "The AFP cannot limit its co-operation to countries that have similar legal systems as Australia."

www.abc.net.au...

"There would be no arguable basis at all," he said, "for any contention that AFP officers had a legal responsibility to warn any of the applicants either that they were under surveillance, or that they were exposing themselves to the foreseeable risk of the death penalty." The judge went on: "Having been prepared for whatever reason to engage in criminal activity, the applicants - that is the four accused - would properly be regarded as the authors of their own harm."

hey could have waited until they got to Australia and arrested them then.

They never made it to Australia, so how could they have been arrested?

How about we stand up for what is right and just?

The death penalty is right and just in this case.

The death penalty has proven not to work stemming the tide of drugs

It will ensure these 2 do not arrange any more trips to smuggle drugs!

Sick, demented people are the only ones who support drug dealers these days.

How disgusting it is that some people support drug dealers!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Nothing dubious about it, they finally admitted their guilt.

How about the allegations of judicial corruption? Have you been living under a rock the last week?

These men do not have to be executed, despite what monsters (like some people in this thread) think.

Yes they have (any legal process that will make any difference, that is.)

Judicial corruption?

Come on mate, you're not that thick are you?

No they have not, you just fell for their propaganda.

Wow. Here I was thinking you couldn't get any more heartless, but you have proven me wrong.

No, there is something very wrong with you if you think drug dealers should not be executed in Indonesia.

Clearly you ignore anything that disproves you're little theory that execution prevents drug crime and deters others. Despite the hard evidence that it does not, you carry on thinking that it does. It is indicative of an ignorant and sick minded person. You clearly are salivating all over your keyboard as you type, excited about someones impending state-sanctioned murder.

What rehabilitation? They only started claiming that that after they had lied for years, and their new lawyer told them clemency was their only hope. If they had sincere regret they would have told the police who their contacts higher up were, but they refused to.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

I asked before if you could seriously be THAT thick, apparently you are.

And heartless, and gutless.

They never made it to Australia, so how could they have been arrested?

Wow, now you are trying to twist the whole thing, how low can you be?

If the AFP hadn't have given the Indonesians the info then they WOULD have landed in Australia and could have been arrested and charged here. It's not rocket science mate, but apparently you are too thick to get such a simple concept.

The death penalty is right and just in this case.

Only in the minds of a minority of sick, demented, and barbaric people.

It will ensure these 2 do not arrange any more trips to smuggle drugs!

Sick, demented people are the only ones who support drug dealers these days.

I never said they shouldn't be punished, stop twisting my words and showing your complete ignorance in doing so.

All I said was the death penalty is not appropriate.

How disgusting it is that some people support drug dealers!

Yep, a shining example of complete and utter ignorance from a sick and demented mind.

For shame

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

How about the allegations of judicial corruption?

Made by a lawyer, years after the alleged event...

These men do not have to be executed,

They did not have to smuggle drugs, the penalty for that is being executed. Their choice!

Come on mate, you're not that thick are you?

You are that thick to believe that propaganda, you also ignore the fact that they eventually admitted guilt.

If the AFP hadn't have given the Indonesians the info then they WOULD have landed in Australia

You do not know that, they could have been watched by Indonesia due to their previous drug smuggling trips to Indonesia....

Just why are you strongly supporting admitted drug dealers?

(post by Kryties removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I will not respond to you any further Bruce. You apparently read my last post, and reported it, so take that sentiment and live your life somewhere away from me.

The ignorance and sickening heartlessness displayed in this thread is too much to bear, I am ashamed to share the same country with some people here.

For shame, the whole bloody lot of you, for shame.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The world is now a better place, 2 unrepentant Australian drug dealers have been executed in Indonesia.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Despite my previous post on this subject, when I seen one of the mothers weeping, I felt really awful for her.

Then I thought about the mothers of addicts who have died, or are a complete mess because of people like these scum.

To be honest, a firing squad is far too quick compared to the torture the families of people they sold drugs to are going through, or even their own parents/families who are feeling pain for their scumbag children loosing their lives for causing others misery.

Nobody is a winner here, but the world has 8 less scum dealing death in a bag.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join