It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child buys a $5 toy at Target; Mom finds $850 worth of pot inside unopened box!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Young Kindergartner buys a $5 toy at Target, Mom finds 85 grams of pot inside the unopened box!

A Brampton boy bought a $5 toy at Target that had a bag of drugs worth about $800 hidden inside the box.

The kindergarten-age boy went with his father to purchase the toy – an Angry Birds Telepod game -- at a Target in Bramalea on Feb. 11. After he had trouble opening the package, he asked his mom for help.

“My son came down eager to open his new toy, “ Monica Milewska told CP24. “My son called me because he was unable to get the Angry Bird figures from the other end of the box. I came, grabbed the box and slit the tape from the other side. I went to hand him everything and noticed something unusual on the couch. Upon further inspection it looked like marijuana.”

“The police suggested it was about 85 grams,” she said. At a street value of $10 per gram, the package would be valued at about $850. The toy cost $5.41 with tax.

Sgt. Brian Hannah at 21 Division confirmed they executed a search warrant at the store in a bid to see if there were more toy packages that contained drugs, however no narcotics were found.

Molly Snyder, a spokesperson for Target Canada, said the company "promptly replaced the item when this was brought to their attention by the guest."

“I guess Target lived up to their slogan, ‘expect more, pay less’.”

I'd love to know if the pot got in the box at the factory, or if it was placed on the shelves for someone to pick up as a "drop" and someone grabbed the wrong one. It would certainly be interesting to find out.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'd be over the moon if i found that.

lol

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Why, exactly did she report this?

Silly girl!

Then again, I am from a state that no longer thinks a plant is a crime... poor brain washed fools.... this could of been a block party!
edit on 14-2-2015 by AprilFooseball because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Now that this has been in the media, there will probably be a buying frenzy on Angry Birds Telepod games! Company who manufactures it will be making huge profits! What a unique marketing ploy.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Tele-pot.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raffles
I'd be over the moon if i found that.

lol

I know, right!?! Some people have all the luck, and never realize it!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It was just packing material to keep the angry birds quiet.

Although 85g would be enough to quieten them down to a state of sedation, happy sedation at that.

They must have run out of ghost poo.

P

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Shame for the kid but money well spent for the Mum i imagine.

I mean its pretty much legal now in various US states. If it was a pound of Smack or Ice then it would be a different story. Finders, keepers would have been my reaction.
edit on 14-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Better be careful all the same, someone might "Grass" them in to the authority's. LoL

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I bet it was a quarter-pound and she kept some, or the cops did. 85 grams is an awfully odd amount.

Anyone else find it ridiculous that the child was "uneasy" about the situation and couldn't sleep? Maybe if the parents didn't act like a bag of plant matter was equivalently distressing as a bomb the kid wouldn't have been uneasy about it?. Just tell the kid it's some plants that ended up in the box by accident, what would make a kid uneasy about that?

Some smuggler's warehouse minions must have called in sick that day.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This encapsulates why their business model is slowly failing ex. withdrawing from Canada after buying Zellers.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

They said "about 85 grams" ... 28g x 3 = 84 grams. 84g = 3 ounces. Give or take a little extra and I reckon they probably got like 84.7ish to make them say "about 85"

My guess is like said above its a "drop gone wrong".

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafajmust not have been very good at 10$ a gram

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

That would be seriously overpriced in Ontario by about 225%

ETA: That's what a guy on the street told me anyway. cough cough.
edit on 2/14/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You guys are too funny!

And to think she didn't share with the rest of the class either! LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Damn the evil marijuana.

At least it wasn't meth.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In related news angry birds telepod toys are sold out due to demand.

Where can i get one of these?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

I bet it was a quarter-pound and she kept some, or the cops did. 85 grams is an awfully odd amount.

In some states that odd amount would be right on the border line of being a felony.

It is sometimes common to get close but not quite at or over the line.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
R E S U L T !!!!

top topics

join