It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Released The Largest Picture Ever Taken. It Will Rock Your Universe!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That is no holograph!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baronofbrains
That is no holograph!

If our brains are working on holographic principals (holonomic brain theory etc) then its not a stretch of the imagination to suggest that the entire universe is a holographic projection. It be cheaper on the electricity bill.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I showed this to my astronomy-loving littler kid a few days ago. She wondered which stars had people or animals living around them. I asked her "Why would you think there's people or animals there?" She says "Because things can live anywhere. All those stars have to have a few nice planets or even moons to live on somewhere!"

A five year old gets it

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Whoa.. hypnotic
Definitely worthy of a star and flag.

Makes me wonder about all the different kinds of life that are out there. Maybe some have a similar image of our neighbourhood.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

The universe is such an amazing, stunning thing to behold.

Images like this have the capacity to provide frame of reference for research, and the power to move a human being to tears, such is their beauty.

Whether one is logically applied, or spiritually affected by them, or both, we are the luckier as a species for our ability to create these images, to capture these small pieces of the universe in an image, and veiw them.
Well Said! There are so many ways to look at something... "Lucky we have the ability to capture it." I think of Ants on the ground being able to capture images of us. So Yes your are so right. How lucky we are to have that ability to capture & share it through out humanity. Maybe the image sparks one brilliant idea, and from that idea comes the next leap in our understanding. Your comment made a lot of sense. Much more then mine I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant
The video takes you deep into the Andromeda galaxy. It really makes you feel small, but small in this fascinating universe is fine with me.
www.collective-evolution.com...

You can watch the video in 1440 Hd, or even 2160 4K. The 4k is new to me but it is sharp. Your computer has to be able to handle it thou.
www.youtube.com...=133

Hope you enjoy!
Awesome! And some say we are alone! Oh no we ain't!!

The number of people who think that is extremely tiny. I've never met anyone on ATS or in my life who says that we are definitely alone in the universe. Maybe a few fundamentalists or Flat-Earthers.

Practically everyone else with even a moderate enough education to know the scope of the universe feel that there is almost certainly intelligent life elsewhere.

As for the image, here is another thing to consider: We see the vast number of stars in the Andromeda Galaxy, but even the Andromeda and the Milky Way Galaxies themselves are just a couple of anonymous little dots of light when viewed along with the others of billions of other galaxies in the observable universe. Some alien on the other side of the universe could be looking back at the 100s of billions of little dots that are all galaxies, and among those 100s of billions of dots is just another dot, meaningless and virtually unnoticeable to that alien, which is our Milky Way galaxy.

edit on 2/14/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I like these images and good for NASA for continually improving them.

The Universe is infinitely fascinating.

Imagine all the possibilities within all the details of those bright little dots. Would be amazing to see a zoomed in vision of how they are right now, in the nearest detail.

Here is the video again, the music is also a good choice.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
Gotta say don't agree with your conclusions. To say that they can't travel or communicate with each other based on our own distance to our nearest star is a bit narrow minded. Life could have developed on the equivilant of our mars in the andromeda galaxy in which communication would be very easy. It's not hard to assume there can be multiple planets in a "goldilocks" solar system. Open thy mind plz

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

"My God, Its full of stars"

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

A five year old gets it

Because their mind is not yet programmed away from reason. Like driving down streets lined with houses and wondering who lives there.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The follow on videos on YouTube are pretty amazing, too.

Thanks NASA.

To those that feel insignificant, thats fine, just remember life is more important than stars. In all that majestic matter, life is what really matters. Life is unique. You are unique. In all of the Universe there is but one you.

How precious is that?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I owner what cameras in 20 years will capture. We obviously can see farther than we can travel. We may know about life on other planets. They may already see us

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I cannot watch videos.

Anywhere I can download the picture for my desktop wallpaper?

I hear the pic is awesome...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Amazing stuff.

Doesn't make me feel small at all...makes me feel at home...and, oddy, not alone.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Of course, which is why I wanted to know who those "some" are who say we're alone.

Fundie Christians, that's who.

They argue that because Jesus came to earth, that it proves we're special in all the universe, meaning there's no other sentient life anywhere.

That's akin to making the argument that because I've met the President and shaken his hand, that no one else could have possibly ever met the President.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just commenting so I can follow along, I`ve been showing anyone willing to watch and its fun to see people`s minds get blown. But sad at the same time as some just do not care, they don't get it I suppose.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander

Of course, which is why I wanted to know who those "some" are who say we're alone.

Fundie Christians, that's who.

They argue that because Jesus came to earth, that it proves we're special in all the universe, meaning there's no other sentient life anywhere...

I myself am not necessarily a very religious person, but I can see ways in which religion can coexist with the idea of life elsewhere.

I realize you mentioned fundamental Christians (which is their own classification of "religion" entirely, just like Islamic Fundamentalists are their own classification of Islam), but what about the Catholic Church? They have already come out and said that their take on the matter is that God is the creator of the entire universe -- including other intelligent aliens.

I can also imagine a religious person who feels the Judeo-Christiam-Muslim bible and (specifically) the Christian ideas of Christ could have been just an Earth-centric bible. Other aliens may have their own "Christ", and if they don't, a religion could just say "their Christ hasn't come yet for some reason or another".

What I'm saying is that there are many ways a religion -- even Fundamentalist Christians -- can reconcile their faith with the idea of intelligent aliens. So if those people don't believe in life elsewhere, I think their religion is not the only reason the feel that way.

edit on 2/15/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

That is pretty cool but it fails to boggle the mind as much as this image does:

There are thousands of galaxies in that image, and that's just a tiny portion of the universe-the area covered in that photo would be the size of a ball bearing at arms length, imagine what we'd find if we could scan the entire sky.

And yet people still say our planet is unique. Even if one galaxy in ten had a planet capable of sustaining life, that means that there could be at least ten thousand civilizations in the known universe-and that's not including the potentially habitable planets in our own galaxy.

There could be more civilizations in the universe then there are people on this planet-now that is mind boggling.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What we just looked at in the video was just one of these points of light....

We literally do not have the capacity to comprehend the vastness, the scale of our universe.

edit on 15/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2015 by Farlander because: didn't display correctly. not sure what i did wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join