It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Released The Largest Picture Ever Taken. It Will Rock Your Universe!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The video takes you deep into the Andromeda galaxy. It really makes you feel small, but small in this fascinating universe is fine with me.
www.collective-evolution.com...

You can watch the video in 1440 Hd, or even 2160 4K. The 4k is new to me but it is sharp. Your computer has to be able to handle it thou.
www.youtube.com...=133

Hope you enjoy!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Amazing. We are so tiny.

To think that god cares what you believe or wear or do is pretty ridiculous when you really think about it. We are nothing but tiny blips on the radar, the blink of an eye.

Thanks for posting, what a beautiful and mind-boggling picture. It humbles me to know I'm lucky enough to be a part of it all.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant
The video takes you deep into the Andromeda galaxy. It really makes you feel small, but small in this fascinating universe is fine with me.

You can watch the video in 1440 Hd, or even 2160 4K. The 4k is new to me but it is sharp. Your computer has to be able to handle it thou.
www.youtube.com...=133

Hope you enjoy!
Awesome! And some say we are alone! Oh no we ain't!!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

It sure puts 200 billion into perspective, that's for sure. It's like a fabric made out of intricately woven light. I struggle to convey how that image makes me feel.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
we are in fact less than the fleas on a cats back! even less than the microbes on the fleas backs ?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: maxrockerfella

we are in fact less than the fleas on a cats back! even less than the microbes on the fleas backs ?

Less than the DNA that makes up the microbes perhaps .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

www.youtube.com...=133

Hope you enjoy!

Says who?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

www.youtube.com...=133

Hope you enjoy!

Says who?

Says logic.

If you say life is trillion to one odds. In a perfect earth like planet only. Well there would still be trillions of worlds with life out there that is why many say this.

edit on 14-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Oh ya... Theres no life out there in that mess of stars

Just on this little rock... where life is a mess...

heh...

edit on 14-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This is the meaning of light & life.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Wow, one things for sure, if we blow this planet to smithereens tomorrow. no-one would miss us.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

That video really drives the point across on how minuscule we really are when compared to just 1 galaxy. It boggles the mind to think there are 100 billion - 200 billion more! We're just a spec of dust, with a population of intelligence that can't even get along with each other. It's kind of sad when you look at the whole picture.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It really does make the idea of religion seem ludicrous

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: Boeing777

www.youtube.com...=133

Hope you enjoy!

Says who?

Says logic.

If you say life is trillion to one odds. In a perfect earth like planet only. Well there would still be trillions of worlds with life out there that is why many say this.

Of course, which is why I wanted to know who those "some" are who say we're alone.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
'life' has been found in hot springs, nuclear reactor cores, under the ice in Antarctica, even carbon and amino acids on comets, so I believe there is 'life' out there, even just statistically. No real way of proving it either way.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Any chance 749 of you would lend me your HD television screens for a day, so I can see the whole picture? I only have one.

NASA shows off Highest Resolution Photo of Space

It was taken by the Hubble Space Telescope and is 60,000 by 22,000 pixels. At 4.3 gigabytes in size, if you tried to display the whole image, you would need the equivalent of 750 HD television screens.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The universe is such an amazing, stunning thing to behold.

Images like this have the capacity to provide frame of reference for research, and the power to move a human being to tears, such is their beauty.

Whether one is logically applied, or spiritually affected by them, or both, we are the luckier as a species for our ability to create these images, to capture these small pieces of the universe in an image, and veiw them.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Logically it would seem there must be millions of intelligent life out there. That to me means logically there is no cheap fast easy way for life to travel the stars or even communicate between them.

If you believe there has always been millions of intelligent life out there, it follows some of them would by now have discovered any potential ways to quickly travel between stars and galaxies yet there is no substantial evidence of any other life out there that we have detected.

I think what this means is yes there is life out there. No there is no way for life to travel fast or safe enough to visit each other. No there is no communication technology that will allow us to talk to one another ever...

If any of that were possible we would know about the other life out there by now unless they are hiding from us for some reason which to me at least does not make a lot of sense but is possible I suppose.

Having said that I understand that any day now evidence could arise and change my mind but with what is know I believe the above to be the truth.

Other life? Yes.
Travel and communicate? Nope.

Will we eventually detect other life in some manner? Yes, just wont be able to do anything about it. We can't even fly a human beyond the moon.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
wow

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The big picture doesn't move us into unimportance... a contrary view is that on this blip of a spec in the vastness of this one universe we know, there exists a wisp of consciousness that can see and almost comprehend it's little corner of the whole... we can hold the universe in each of our little minds... in fact, those little minds might well be the key to the whole universe and enable it to exist at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join