It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ajanta Caves Ancient How Were They Made? Were They Depecting ETs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
How did they carve out an entire mountain of solid rock?

So here we have the Ajanta caves carved out of a single massive rock. Its carved into the side of a mountain and is amazing to see. I doubt that this type of work can be reproduced today and wonder what types of technology they used to carve out the inside of an entire side of a mountain all of which is solid stone.

To those that think they chiseled out the mountainside that just doesnt pass the intelligence test, becasue its not possible. So how did they do it?

Also there are alot of ET like creatures shown in the painting and stone carvings could they have been ETs visiting the planet in ancient times?

The Ajanta Caves in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra, India are 30 rock-cut cave monuments which date from the 2nd century BCE to the 600 CE. The caves include paintings and sculptures considered to be masterpieces of Buddhist religious art as well as frescos which are reminiscent of the Sigiriya paintings in Sri Lanka. The caves were built in two phases starting around 2nd century BCE, with the second group of caves built around 600 CE. It is a protected monument under the Archaeological Survey of India.
edit on 13-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I couldn't have picked a better time to come to ATS for a good bedtime story
I can sleep better now that this I flagged for a 4am cup of Joe

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Beautiful, Impressive absolutely. Depicting Aliens nol I don't think so. It's obviously Buddhist in design, it was built over a period of 700 -800 years and although a stunning feat of engineering and design it's really not all that unusual.

Thanks for the video though it was a good watch and quite interesting (excluding any AA references).

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
Beautiful, Impressive absolutely. Depicting Aliens nol I don't think so. It's obviously Buddhist in design, it was built over a period of 700 -800 years and although a stunning feat of engineering and design it's really not all that unusual.

Thanks for the video though it was a good watch and quite interesting (excluding any AA references).

I dont think it was done over 700 to 800 years and using what tools?
So you think 8-10 generations may have chiseled out an entire mountain then finished it off with fine artistry dipicting alien life?
It doesnt make any sense.

There are no tools which can chisel out entire mountainsides.

Doesnt pass the smell test.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, look at Petra, that's sometimes dated back to circa 300BCE. technology wouldn't have been much different if we accept the earliest dates for each site respectively.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
Well, look at Petra, that's sometimes dated back to circa 300BCE. technology wouldn't have been much different if we accept the earliest dates for each site respectively.

Thats an amazing piece of stonework as well and may belong in a different thread. We could to go into how the ancients said it was built and what they said the purpose of the site was.

Also the the taking 1000 years to carve out a temple theory doesnt make any sense at all, so I would look to other explanations.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

So you think 8-10 generations may have chiseled out an entire mountain then finished it off with fine artistry dipicting alien life?

I'm just going by what was said in the video. It was started around 200 BCE and the construction ended around 600 AD.

There's lots of examples of monolithic structures throughout the planet. Petra as mentioned Angkor Wat and others, examples even exist in the US southwest. The entire North American continent has been developed in the same amount of time albeit with advanced technology. When you are talking periods of time in the hundreds of years it's amazing what can be constructed regardless of how primitive the techniques

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

What alien life?

And why would aliens carve and paint indian monastic beings?

Why would they care about Buddha?

Your dismissal of this being built by humans is because you think it can't be done is what stinks.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Here you are yet again not paying attention to yet another Youtube video.

Where exactly in that video are images of ET like creatures?

Just because it was on ancient aliens does not mean aliens were involved here. You really do believe anything you see on Youtube dont you?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Here you are yet again not paying attention to yet another Youtube video.

Where exactly in that video are images of ET like creatures?

Just because it was on ancient aliens does not mean aliens were involved here. You really do believe anything you see on Youtube dont you?

Now you stoop to insults just shows what level of thinking your on, its just a laugh seeing you try and flame and derail yet another thread. ATS isnt a better place when posters insult thread after thread and the mods never sort them out.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

What alien life?

And why would aliens carve and paint indian monastic beings?

Why would they care about Buddha?

Your dismissal of this being built by humans is because you think it can't be done is what stinks.

I am not dismissing that it was built by humans what are you thinking about? What your saying isnt what I am saying and your saying that what I am saying stinks actually doesnt pass the smell test itself. Look at my OP before you accuse me falsly of anything because it make you look as though you wernt paying attention to the OP.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I'm just going by what was said in the video. It was started around 200 BCE and the construction ended around 600 AD.

There's lots of examples of monolithic structures throughout the planet. Petra as mentioned Angkor Wat and others, examples even exist in the US southwest. The entire North American continent has been developed in the same amount of time albeit with advanced technology. When you are talking periods of time in the hundreds of years it's amazing what can be constructed regardless of how primitive the techniques

Look at the records of time it took to create the structure on wikipedia, nothing like half a century more like a few years.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why couldn't they have been chiseled out? You'd be surprised at what humans can achieve with patience and desire. Look at what we've accomplished up to this point. For all we know it took generations to complete these carvings. I don't see why it's out of the realm of possibility that humans used chisels to make these.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How did someone turn this:

Into this:

With time and a desire to create something unique.

Now imagine hundreds of workers doing this over many years, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Why couldn't they have been chiseled out? You'd be surprised at what humans can achieve with patience and desire. Look at what we've accomplished up to this point. For all we know it took generations to complete these carvings. I don't see why it's out of the realm of possibility that humans used chisels to make these.

Because chiseling out a mountainside doesnt make sense, we wouldnt do that so what makes you think they would?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Huh? Haven't you heard of Mount Rushmore or Stone Mountain? Both are examples of people chiseling out the side of a mountain. They didn't have dynamite back then, they had chisels at their disposal. Their reasoning for carving out that mountainside was the same as the people who made Mount Rushmore and Stone Mountain, they wanted to leave their mark on the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
As always, your belief in aliens and in the utter ineptitude of your own species leaves you looking a fool.

The Ajanta caves are quite beautiful and remarkable, I'll give you that, but everything else you've said is, as always, complete bunk. Were you to do even the most basic of research (YouTube is not research), you would know this.

So how about we discuss some facts, rather than ancient alien fiction....
First of all, there are no depictions of aliens or any such nonsense. There are, however, some beautiful Buddhist paintings and carvings. The construction of the caves was primarily done during two phases. During the first phase, the artwork was mostly of decorative stupas, with hardly any figures. Artwork from the second phase is almost entirely solitary depictions of the Buddha, with occasional illustrations of scenes from his life.

As for the construction, despite your assertion that "there are no tools which can chisel out entire mountainsides", there are, in fact, several. One example would be the chisel. By the way, the Ajanta caves are carved into a hillside, not a mountainside. Big difference. Due in large part to the presence of a number of unfinished (and a few barely started) caves, the precise methods and tools of construction are well known and documented. In all of the unfinished caves (and the finished ones, just to a lesser extent), the walls are quite literally covered with toolmarks. From these marks, we can determine not only that the primary tools used were pickaxes and chisels, but we can even determine what type of pickaxes and chisels.

When starting work on a new cave, they would first use chisels to outline the cave on the stone surface, then they would start carving out the inside, beginning at ceiling level. They would carve out the entire layout of the cave at that level, then start working downwards, carving out the walls and the floor. As they worked downwards, they used pickaxes to carve out deep parallel grooves, then chiseled away the remaining edges, and removed the bulk of the material in square(ish) blocks. This is clearly evident to anyone who sees them, except, apparently, insane believers in ancient alien nonsense.

edit on 2/14/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Because chiseling out a mountainside doesnt make sense, we wouldnt do that so what makes you think they would?

Doesn't make sense to who?.......you?

People had very different skills and priorities millennia ago, I doubt that there are many people around today who could paint the Sistine chapel to the standard that Michaelangelo did, or would have the patience to do so.....doesn't mean what he did "doesn't make sense" does it?

You need to open your mind a little more to the capabilities of your fellow human beings.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

With chisels... that's how you make carvings like that. Chisels and patience.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: obscurepanda
With chisels... that's how you make carvings like that. Chisels and patience.

Yep. Time and hard work by a lot of people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join