It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beam of Light in Escanaba Substation Explosion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
At 1:30 AM on February 2nd, there was an explosion and fire at a substation in Escanaba, MI, and local residents have uploaded some very cool video clips of the event to the Internet. Particularly interesting is the beam of light that appears to emanate from the midst of the conflagration. Here are two of the best videos:

My first thought is that it's a light pillar but the smoke and flashes of light give it a decidedly War of the Worlds appearance. Interestingly, according to Paul Seaburn at Mysterious Universe, local officials have attributed it to a locomotive. Below is an image from the MU article:

The beam seems particularly coherent in the still on the right. What do you think ATS?
edit on 2015-2-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

hmmm very interesting. Welcome to the world of satellite weaponry. Nah but really I have no idea what that can be, but it does look very surreal.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Replying so that I can keep up with what others have to say about this.
I have no idea what the light is but it does look like a spotlight on the ground shining up.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting and cool.

It looks wider at the top than the bottom, at least to me...doesn't that mean it's coming from ground level?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Just you wait. This is NOTHING.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mikelkhall

Replying so that I can keep up with what others have to say about this.

Just hit the subscribe icon at the bottom of the page , this will put this thread on your my ATS page .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: survival

Just you wait. This is NOTHING.

Well that's rather ominous. Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Youtube Search - Escanaba Power Plant

-
OPINIONs:

1. Power Plant's BIG Spotlight ... ( to better to see by )

2. Various Materials Consumed ... ( yielding the various colors )

edit on 13-2-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm almost certain that the source of the light is at ground level. That having been said, I have no idea as to just what that source is.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a tongue in cheek reply to: survival

Hmm... last time I checked light typically has to have a source, obviously there is something there.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

So if i am seeing this right the beam is changing colour and in effect changing the cloud colour . This is very interesting . Normally i would just look then move on . S&f
edit on 13-2-2015 by hutch622 because: n not working on keyboard to well

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Firstly, they "soften us up" from orbit.

Then the invasion begins!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am thinking that maybe something at the sub-station is acting like a reflector and shining the firelight into the atmosphere. What could act like a giant parasbolic reflector has me stumped though.Is it an oil fired Plant or maybe natural gas and the end of a stainless steel storage tank has blown off and is causing it? Whatever it is it certainly looks bizarre and is totally crazy.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Escanaba is a coal/wood power station. I can't think of anything that would reflect light for a fire straight up, but I'm no expert.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Light pillars as you suggest, are relatively common in cold weather, so thats my bet.

edit on 13-2-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
These beams of light are usually caused by reflections off of ice crystals in the air? Would the air from the power plant be warmer , maybe not full of ice crystals? How would this affect the light nearer to the station? Does this make sense? This has me pretty curious.

a reply to: Mianeye

edit on 13-2-2015 by Atsbhct because: Homonym issue.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2015 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The coherence is the first aspect that is troubling. Even spot lights for special events are not so tight. I have a hard time believing it was the result of an accident.

I can't tell which end is tighter. It could be the smoke. My brain wants to see it wider at the top because that makes sense.

The other troubling aspect is the multitudes of color. Electrical fires arc in blue and white. If it's a sub station, what are the other chemicals doing there in such large quantities that the change the color of the clouds?

I like to let my mind wander. The first thing that came to mind is a very exotic weapon destroying a facility pretending to be an electrical substation.

What better place to hide a secret facility than a "dangerous" substation plastered with No Trespassing signs.

Down with the Chimera Group. Long live the resistance!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Maybe weaponizing space, advertised in the 80's Reagan era as "Star Wars", didn't just fade into obscurity.

What if we have direct energy weapons outfitted in space which may also be responsible for crop circles when they are being calibrated and tested?

Hmmm?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Thanks for posting the photos Mianeye. I read that post but never really paid it any attention as I've never seen that phenomena even though I live in the GWN. It certainly looks like the same type of effect and it certainly seems plausible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join