It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pentagon Paper: War on Terror an Unmitigated Disaster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

funny, I have never heard of anyone in the military being satisfied with what their recruiters told them. If anything, I've heard many say they'd love to go back and kick their f-in' azz.

I have to admit, my recruiter was very honest with me about what to expect. Granted he didnt get into the fine details, but he never lied to me about anything. The funny thing is, his rank and name was Petty Officer first Class Ron White.
And yes, he WAS a redneck

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I never had any specific bitches or gripes with mine, other than there was a helluva lot he didn't mention. I never felt mad, cuz by the luck of the draw, I wound up in probly the coolest unit in Army Aviation. It was all good, so I held no grudges.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd like for Bush supporters to please elaborate on the ways in which they feel BushCo. is winning the war on terror and are protecting us.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'd like for Bush supporters to please elaborate on the ways in which they feel BushCo. is winning the war on terror and are protecting us.

C'mon ECK, you know Bush would actually have to be accomplishing some headway in his war on terror for those kind of far fetched claims.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
"Older men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!"
Herbert Hoover

i hope soon your presidents will learn that investing in war only brings more suffering and more deaths than it is supposed to prevent.
instead of helping the poor people, that were struck by a great natural disaster, your goverment is too busy chasing phantoms, the so called "terrorists", arming yourself to the teeth in process.
fools!

"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake."
Jeannette Rankin, first woman Member of Congress

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

instead of helping the poor people, that were struck by a great natural disaster, your goverment is too busy chasing phantoms, the so called "terrorists", arming yourself to the teeth in process.

You might want to get your facts straight thier bud. The US is sending 35 million in aid to thos sountries. All totaled, the combined international aid package is well ver 100 million dollars. Hell, I even donated to the relief fund.

just be sure you are talking about Bush when you say fool, and not the American citizen. You are sure to invite the wrath of some P.O'd Americans if you start bashing us like that. I would advise you be more clear on who is a fool and who is not.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

"Older men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!"
Herbert Hoover

i hope soon your presidents will learn that investing in war only brings more suffering and more deaths than it is supposed to prevent.

In the case of BushCo. it is not about preventing war and suffering. It is about promoting it. These are the masters of war, profiteers of death. The more war we wage, the wealthier those few get. We the people, the sheep as they call us, matter not to them. Even our soldiers are nothing but a number to them. There are more and more where they came from. That's one reason I got the hell out of the Army. I refused to be a number in their death machine. I'm glad of it, too. There is no way I would want to earn my living killing for these monsters.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
just be sure you are talking about Bush when you say fool, and not the American citizen.

well i am sorry to tell you, but you voted for him. i am not saying "you" did, but you as the american people.
and yes, he IS a FOOL, that we agree on.
but why is that fool now president again?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

but why is that fool now president again?

Because the Bush machine stole the election. The only way a vast number of Americans would accept that is if their idiot box's, I mean TV's, told them the truth. If they don't say it on tv, these nimrods don't believe it. Don't ever believe, tho, we elected Dim Son. We DID NOT.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Because the Bush machine stole the election.

then they are the real terrorists,
because they have tricked their own people,
and are sneaky like a snake is,
who would trust such a goverment?
and trust that "war on terror" is "good for democracy&peace"?

"WAR, n. A time-tested political tactic guaranteed to raise a president's popularity rating by at least 30 points. It is especially useful during election years and economic downturns."
Chaz Bufe, The Devil's Dictionaries ("American Heretic's Dictionary" section)

"To plunder, to slaughter, to steal, these things they misname empire; and where they make a desert, they call it peace."
Calgacus

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
Plato

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
From another thread of mine:

Every tactic this administration uses is straight outta Hitler's playbook. Anyone who has studied it can see it crystal clear. It is far more frightening than any Osammy or Zaraqawi boogie man. It is they (BushCo. & Sharon's Likud) who terrorize the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

then they are the real terrorists,
because they have tricked their own people,

This is pretty much what the Liberals, myself included are saying. We dont necessaraly think he is a terrorist, but his policies seem to embrace war rather than strive for piece. This is where the Liberal stance about Bush draws the line. If he would work towards peace instead of attempting to invade a country which we had no reason for invading, we wouldnt be having this conversation. His tax laws leave much to be desired as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How much did it cost the taxpayers of the USA to find out what most of them already knew? Or actually.. how much did it cost to tell them what was painfull obvious if they just thought critically for a moment and did a little googling?

This is more anti-Bush propaganda.. not that I am complaining. But there was no reason to do a study on something that first of all has barely gotten off the ground, and second of all is an oxymoron in the first place..

.. WAR IS TERROR ... simple as that. These so called "acts of terror" are all really just war on the cheep by an army that does not have 2 bil bombers at their disposal. So really.. its a "war against a war tactic" it would be like having a "war against flanking manouvers" as one general put it.

It was a disaster from the get go. Most thinking people didn't need a report to tell them that. Therefore .. this is a poltically motivated report.

Again.. how much did the 'study' cost.. and.. btw.. what was studied?

(like did they find out there are MORE terrorists now? So what do they suggest? More wars?)

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So.. you're attacking the report?
I'm sure you can do better than that.

You're kinda swinging back and forth wildly in your post, too. Your position is like muddy water.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I honestly can't understand how ANYONE, whether American or non-American, Republican or Democrat, can honestly say that the War On Terror is anything but a total disaster.

Just look at the news, even the mainstream US media. Every single day there are deaths all over Iraq, the country that the US wanted to use as an example to the rest of the world. An example of what?

The Governor of Baghdad just got murdered a little while ago, along with 8 of his bodyguards on a busy street. Is that an example of freedom? Do you blame the Iraqi criminals or do you blame the total lack of order and law in Iraq on the Occupying Forces?

Is the world safer for Americans? Heck no, and it's even worse for poor Iraqis caught in the crossfire every day.

The War on Terror is ending up looking like a War FOR Terror, it just keeps adding more and more to the ranks of the disenfranchised and swells the numbers of violent anti-Americanism in the Arab world.

How can anyone say that it's a success? The only marginal success is in Afghanistan and that's because it's a world effort.

jako

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Is the world safer for Americans? Heck no, and it's even worse for poor Iraqis caught in the crossfire every day.

The War on Terror is ending up looking like a War FOR Terror, it just keeps adding more and more to the ranks of the disenfranchised and swells the numbers of violent anti-Americanism in the Arab world.

How can anyone say that it's a success? The only marginal success is in Afghanistan and that's because it's a world effort.
jako

Bigger budgets justified.

It is a war FOR terror. It replaces the old Cold War paradigm. People need to wake up and see it for what it is.
The more terrorists there are, the more justification BushCo. has for more buildup.

It's a success because most have swallowed the fiction like the good sheep they are. And new and improved enemies are pouring outta the woodwork. It is the war profiteers' wet dream.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

jako

Your absolutly right Jakomo. I would hsve considered the war on terror a success IF we had stayed in Afghanistan and put the same resources into finding OBL that we have dumped into Iraq. We would have found him by now, and this little game that Bush is so fond of would be over. I see this whole charade as an attempt by Bush to vulgarize an American tragedy into something him and his cronies can profit from.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
On top of that, Asscroft and his INjustice deptartment are so busy covering up nekkid statues & such, they havn't successfully prosecuted one single case against accused terrorists. It would be a joke were it not for all the needless suffering caused by this inept bunch of warmongers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join