It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Push for Mega-Merger, 12 Comcast Lies to Recognize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, I've been home sick a good part of the week. I've been on the phone for several hours which I will bill for, etc.

That said, I'm rather lonely and bored. And I've been bored with ATS lately - well because I don't see much posted of interest - some things to be sure.

There have been a few good thread's on 'net neutrality' and I'm watching to see how they change with the latest round of big business propoganda.

In the mean time - there's the proposed Comcast - Time Warner merger "from hell" to keep folks interested.

www.commondreams.org...

I especially loved this one:

10. “If you let us merge with Time Warner Cable, your bill will go down.”

Nope. In a rare display of candor, Comcast Executive VP David Cohen told reporters that customers aren’t likely to pay less if this merger goes through. “We're certainly not promising that customer bills are going to go down or even increase less rapidly” as a result of the merger, Cohen said. So what exactly does Comcast mean when it says the merger will produce cost-savings to customers?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

So what exactly does Comcast mean when it says the merger will produce cost-savings to customers?

I think it means they are not telling the truth is what they are doing.

Because absolutely every economics text book teaches as competition disappears, prices drop for the consumer. Yup. That's what it says alright.

join