It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Drops Dead After Interviewing Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So I didn't see this posted yet but this is news right? I mean from reading more into it. Maybe this is what it is. that this reporter died in "coincidental" terms. I mean this is what we here for conspiracies so.. Could it be a message to reporters to not even talk with Snowden.

CORRECTION: OBIT-CARR STORY

Just hours before his death Thursday, he had moderated a "Times Talks" conversation with Edward Snowden, director Laura Poitras and journalist Glenn Greenwald about the documentary "Citizenfour," which chronicles Snowden's leak of National Security Agency documents. Carr, engaged as always, drew them out with pointed questions and wry observations to speak candidly about the film

edit on 13-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: Fixed AP Link

AP link here also
www.nola.com...
edit on Fri Feb 13 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Your link didn't work. It just goes to the Associated Press page with a map of the U.S. on it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Strange.

Don't like the word coincidence personally.

Working Source;
hosted.ap.org...

www.infowars.com...

Don't cry about InfoWars people there is a few sources.

mobile.nytimes.com...

Extrapolate what you can.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
CitizenFour is worth a watch, its basicaly the entire interview with Snowden in his hotel suite before any of it came to light in the press, pretty scary, were all pretty much totaly screwed.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It is interesting, and the timing questionable, however...
He has written memoirs about his drug addictions, been in rehab 5 times, and had cancer.

Comedian and actor Tom Arnold, who started his standup career in Minneapolis, was pals with Carr on the city's party circuit in the 1980s and is featured in the book. In a 2008 interview, Arnold called Carr's story redemptive.

source

I have no issues with drug use, however in and out 5 times does not indicate recreational use.
Add some cancer into that equation, and it kinda speaks to itself.

Hate to see anyone go, but the odds weren't in his favor.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

And before this reporter died, Bob Simon passed in a car accident in NYC:

Bob Simon Dead

Probably not linked at all but the timing seemed a little too quick.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Now if that isn't suspect:

Would guess someone or some agency is worried about what the interview is or was going to share.
edit on 13-2-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Did US finally start openly killing those on the watch list

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry, i really don't see the connection between his death and interviewing Snowden. However, this is very interesting:

timestalks.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaishakunin

The movie clip of Snowden in bed with his laptop demonstrates an interesting artistic technique.
Snowden brings up the subject of encryption at different levels, its a deep subject.

During WW2 all the field cipher machines were based on the same low entropy design.
William Friedman the post WW2 director of the CIA was surprised by how easy it was to break the Japanese purple cipher without even knowing the Japanese language.
The Enigma rotor machine design used by Germany was used universally by all countries.

Field Marshal Rommel hinted that the step key encrypted radio traffic could be broken by most signals intelligence agencies even though the Bletchley Park (fire brigade) took credit. Small point but if true it changes history. For example the Pearl Harbor invasion was knowingly communicated to the allies ahead of time via Purple cipher. The schedule for transporting the Jewish refugees to concentration camps under light guard was being radioed to Britain.

There were other higher entropy classified systems in play (George Mason Drive).

Will the American public learn anything new from Snowdens whistle blowing, or will the NSA get more valuable feedback from the public? Did Carr pick Snowden as his final interviewEE for some personal reason?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I just read four news anchors dead on the same day. Two who were held hostage apparently. You guys might want to rethink your theories on this one.
Got to go.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

I think what we are seeing is a rare kind of media superposition.
Media events can be pended almost indefinitely until just the right moment, to maximum the effect on the intended audience.

What we are seeing in the news is just someones ghost ship seamed in with current events.

top topics

join