It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear bomb is totally BS from movies or video games.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nuclear bombs don't cause reset. Those who say that are idiots and follow the movie propaganda too much. If you guys played a video game called "Metro 2033" it is kind of BS compare to real life.
The movies and video games may have good story, but the whole radiation thing is totally BS. Look what happened to Fukushima.

Have you seen Russians with their masks on trying to cover radiation from from Chernobyl. Most of them died so far.

www.youtube.com...

"They even said in documentary it taste like metal." 1:04 starting.

Including the US soldiers who tested nuclear bombs, they all ended up with cancer and died.

www.publichealth.va.gov...

"In this study, researchers are paying particular attention to deaths from leukemia, and from cancers of the thyroid, salivary gland, breast, liver, and bone.

These are cancers that have been reported to be in excess among U.S. and United Kingdom atmospheric nuclear weapons test participants."

Heck even in Chernobyl right now you are forced to take "Potassium Iodine". What is the point of that if you can't even manufacture them? It costs resources. I don't think any of the Super Powers right now would want to throw nukes around and ending up manufacturing "Potassium Iodine" for thousands of years.

I see so many posts about people saying, lets throw nukes all over the place and expect some sort of reset.
edit on 13-2-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

What's your point?

Is there any rhyme or reason to diminish one of the greatest threats to humanity?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nuke the food sources and let the people kill the people.

You dont have to blow up or radiate people directly for a weapon of that scale to be truly one of mass destruction.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I'm guessing the point is that last sentence.

Which I agree with too.

There is no "let's start again" after Nuclear War.

Although, OP, there is a difference between Chernobyl compared to Nagasaki & Hiroshima...

www.todayifoundout.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Which I agree with too.

Although, OP, there is a difference between Chernobyl compared to Nagasaki & Hiroshima...

www.todayifoundout.com...

You do know that the bombs are bigger than today. There is also a fact that most developed westernized world has nuclear plants all over the places.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Movie "propaganda"?
The what?
WHO "follows" that?
Why is this a topic?
What is the point with this?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nevertheless
Movie "propaganda"?
The what?
WHO "follows" that?
Why is this a topic?
What is the point with this?

As said, too many people been posting "lets throw nukes all over the place and expect some sort of reset. " Something like that. In this dam forum. Expecting their bunkers will save their butts.

Here is an example and he got 4 stars for that post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: 0bserver1
heck why not increase the tension. We do not have enough wars lately and lost a great deal of money over the last six years ..
The military apparatus has to be oiled and ready right?

I say let's nuke the whole world and get it all over with , to start from scratch . We neanderthal monkeys are never going to learn to coexist!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I agree that society would not 'reset'.

In the same way that a bullet in the brain does not 'reset' the person.

edit on 13/2/2015 by chr0naut because: damn space bar only works half the time!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Which I agree with too.

Yes, I was wondering a bit about the way the OP went about it, and any 'reset' in any which way meaning that has, just will not apply. Maybe there is a language problem here.
Already, for some reason, scientist are dabbling with the idea that Mars had a nuclear event, to explain why Mars is what it is now, and that Earth had a natural nuclear event in the past to some extent. It makes you wonder why that never occurred to the humans that created the 20th century Nuclear events?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yep definitely.

But to expand on the point you made in the OP...

Little Boy (Hiroshima Bomb) had around 140 pounds of uranium. Exploded above ground.

Fat Man (Nagasaki Bomb) contained about 14 pounds of plutonium. Exploded above ground.

Reactor number four (Chernobyl) had about 180 tons of nuclear fuel. Exploded at ground level.

So it stands to reason that Chernobyl was a much more extreme case, & that's why it's still inhabitable.

However, newer Nukes are more powerful today, and there is no guarantee they'll be detonated above ground...

So I think your "no reset available" point still stands in an all out war.
edit on 13-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah the ancient texts including Sanskrit allude to what could be theorised as a nuclear accident/attack.

I heard briefly the other day about a scientist discussing Mars and nuclear fallout, but I didn't really look into it.
Might have to check that out.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You know what ive always wondered? The Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombs were very small by nuke standards and should have only obliterated a few blocks right? Like if you go on one of those Nuke It! Maps that lets you choose a yeild it isnt nearly as big a a Megaton bomb or multi megaton. So why did it basically kill everyone or ar least insane numbers of people?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Chernobyl wasnt the same as a nuclear bomb though. It was a criticality accident right?

Wanna see something truly aweful read abiut the tokaimaru (spelling/name may be wrong i forget and lazy to look up it wont be hard to find) nuclear accident and hisashi ouchi.
edit on 13-2-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Yeah it was a reactor explosion.

But I got the feeling from the OP that he was wondering why it's habitable in Hiroshima & Nagasaki, but not why they need potassium iodine in Chernobyl.

It was a much larger explosion than a warhead and it was at ground level.
So it stands to reason that the atmosphere is much more poisonous.

I'll have to check out the places you recommended I have heard of them before.

edit on 14-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join