It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Lopsided Recovery, Republicans Plan Cuts to Food Stamp Program

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You guys are just falling for their divide and conquer ploy. Why not game the system? They have all money in the world to support the wars and bail out corporations and banks that should be allowed to fail all the while they squeeze and abuse the little guy with close to no resources of their own.

They are above the laws that they made just for the common sucker/citizen, they have the money, power etc. to shred our God given rights spelled out by the constitution, while they bail out and give tax cuts to the filthy rich. They lie to our face constantly while they tear apart the very foundations of our civilization.

I say take everything you can get, because you aren't going to get anything unless they allow it or give it to you. Besides, that money is ear marked for such use, and they have to spend it or they won't get their funding. They will wipe out the small businesses in favor of the "too big to fail" corporate interests, not to mention the destruction of the entire planet.

The common citizen is played at every level, economically, socially, mentally, emotionally, physically, etc., so why not play the system? Get politically active and gain some ground, and you are targeted for elimination. We have no voice, no power and unless we take whatever we can get, we will struggle without effect.

Even if someone crawls out of the gutter to become an American success story, they become part of the very thing destroying everyone else, including the only home world we have.

Screw the government every chance you get because turn about is fair play. Don't even bother to give a reach around, they don't deserve anything, not even some lube.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ah, yes...the throwing of the gun because you're out of bullets.

Are you always this creative with your intelligent responses? I keep forgetting, for those of us who, at one time, were one of those families who were in the military and on WIC assistance for our child while we were both in our mid-20s living off the income of an E4, we can't have a say, especially if we've made something out of our lives because we've applied ourselves and didn't remain comfortable living in such a financial state.

If you want to act like an adult, I'll continue this discussion with you, otherwise it's obvious that you're only interested in talking down at people instead of with people.

And I used to have a t-shirt that said, "My mom thinks I'm special," so apparently I am. Thanks for noticing!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I hope that this is satire, otherwise it's the most ignorant thing I've read concerning this issue in a long time--and that's saying a lot.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StopWhiningAboutIt

I'm not okay with spending thrice the percentage on "Job and Family Security" than "Veterans Benefits."

yeah, I said it..."thrice"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join