It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to wake everyone up, a 'social experiment' - Participants required

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
I can respect the training, skills, and potential threat an enemy may present, but you are talking about respecting 'the person' as far as I can see. How can you respect a character which rules a nation in fear? (King Salman in Saudi)
...or are you one of those folk who think that showing respect to a bully will change their behaviour and they will be kind to you? Lol

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its a good idea....I am just going to write....

"WE THE SHEEPLE"

That way your not endorsing anything...

Wonders if there is a...

Www.wethesheeple.com

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't believe in any gods/souls/spirits/pixies/elves/whatever personally.

Well, perhaps we can change that, can I send you some literature?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I can respect the training, skills, and potential threat an enemy may present, but you are talking about respecting 'the person' as far as I can see. How can you respect a character which rules a nation in fear? (King Salman in Saudi)

Let's say that there are indeed exceptions. For instance I have no respect for Hitler. But I then also have a very good reason to justify these few instances of irrespect.

or are you one of those folk who think that showing respect to a bully will change their behaviour and they will be kind to you?

What??

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes there is

we the sheeple

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
If you have something new to bring to the table then yes of course thank you, I am no closed book, but I do have a high standard for evidence...but we are being off topic now so with respect for the OP I shall leave it there.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Let's say that there are indeed exceptions. For instance I have no respect for Hitler. But I then also have a very good reason to justify these few instances of irrespect.
So you do not automatically have respect for your enemy as a person like you originally implied then?

or are you one of those folk who think that showing respect to a bully will change their behaviour and they will be kind to you?

What??

Is that picture/meme an example of you showing disrespect to a human who you have no evidence to show they are horrible to others and therefore one of your exceptions?? Nice.
edit on 14.2.2015 by grainofsand because: Tags issues

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I was kidding esse and we're not off topic to consider the end of currency
by whatever means.
[ you can laugh now ]
n'ermind.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
No worries man, I wasn't sure, so I thought a respectful answer was appropriate considering the whinging in this thread about 'irrespect' which I presume is meant to be disrespect.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I tend to write "end the fed" on one dollar bills when I am bored. I have acess to 3 registers in nyc too. lol
edit on 2 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
So you do not automatically have respect for your enemy as a person like you originally implied then?

Quite the opposite actually. I have respect for a fellow human until I get an acceptable reason to have some no more. In my book, men are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Is that picture/meme an example of you showing disrespect to a human who you have no evidence to show they are horrible to others and therefore one of your exceptions?? Nice.

You are overthinking this, my friend.

Really.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's a nice idea to put messages on bank notes and I was wondering what subversive ideas we could think up between us.

People may not have the time or inclination to look up suggested websites or whatever, but a small thought-provoking idea might take root.

Spend me wisely

seen on a bank note might encourage someone to keep their money and not spend it on some rubbish that big business are trying to tempt them with.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Hey, I like that one.

A star for the idea, mate.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You stated that you have respect for your enemy. I assumed that an 'enemy' label describes a situation where there is an acceptable reason not to show respect. As also shown in your Hitler example.
Perhaps you have not thought enough about it before being so assertive with your automatic respect.

Do you like this:

...I think she looks great

edit on 14.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Really - don't you have anything better to do?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I didn't do it of course, that would be a criminal offence.
I am simply questioning your blind respect for the monarch of a country who just happened to be born in a particular family to get the job. I used the Saudi king as an example and you skirted the issue.
As I said earlier, if my face was printed on UK and Commonwealth banknotes then I'd consider myself fair game.
I'm sure the queen isn't crying about the odd comedy moustache on banknotes as much as you seem to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I didn't do it of course, that would be a criminal offence.
I am simply questioning your blind respect for the monarch of a country who just happened to be born in a particular family to get the job.

As I keep on saying, my respect extends to all human beings on this Earth (and to most animals to). The only instance where I stop showing respect to a being is if I am shown definite proof that this being is evil.

I used the Saudi king as an example and you skirted the issue.

I don't know the guy, mate. I cannot judge someone I know not.

As I said earlier, if my face was printed on UK and Commonwealth banknotes then I'd consider myself fair game.

An unlikely scenario, if I may add. Easy to say if it can't happen...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I used the Saudi king as an example and you skirted the issue.

I don't know the guy, mate. I cannot judge someone I know not.

Are you really that blind to what is going on in Saudi under the rule of an absolute monarchy?
Really?
I don't need to know him personally, just how his appointed government treats it's people.
...yet you withold judgement? Lol...if it wasn't so tragic.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

To each his own, mate. I am specialized in physics and US/Russia counterintelligence. I am not omniscient - amongst the things I don't know are: where is the Ark, how to cook a turkey, and the level of evilness of the Saudi king.

Perhaps you could share your knowledge about the Saudi king with those of us who do not spend their time reading news from Saudi Arabia, hmm? After all, this is what ATS is for.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
FFS do you not even have Wiki?! Lol you gotta be joking:
en.wikipedia.org...

The authoritarian regime ruling Saudi Arabia has one of the worst human rights records in the world, consistently ranking among the "worst of the worst" in Freedom House's annual survey of political and civil rights.[2]

...I've been lazy with Wiki because I think you must be joking, but if you want some .gov, .gov.uk, or .ac.uk, and .edu sources I will be happy to enlighten you in the next 24 hours or so if you wish.

*Edit*
And I ask again, how can you explain this automatic respect for the king of the house of Saud, perhaps even shedding a tear if someone draws a comedy moustache on a 50 Riyal note or whatever?
...you've gotta be taking the piss now lol.
edit on 14.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join