It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can finally admit it, I'm addicted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A bit OT, but: I kinda love those personality tests... I hope you guys don't mind it, but I think I'll start a thread on it. All the ones I've found are old and pretty much abandoned.

As for the topic, I can totally relate to that! Sometimes there are way too many thoughts at the same time, it drives me crazy.

...or maybe I'm just naturally crazy?

We need this:

It is called a Pensieve. I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You want to be in the now, but your thoughts are happening now... aren't they?

What is the fragrance of your thoughts? Do they smell of yesterday or new and fresh of today?

Either way, you're smelling it now.

(what a strange metaphor)

The nose is always smelling but what is it smelling. The mind is always thinking but what is it thinking? Is it thinking about not being in the now, right now? It's a paradox because that's also happening now then.

The important thing is where do you put your nose? Where do you put your focus/consciousness? What do you want to smell since your nose will keep smelling anyway. What do you want to be aware of/focus on / think about since the mind will keep doing it.

Even those who meditate still have dreams at night.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
(00:00 - 00:15 on video)
"One of the greatest addictions is the addiction to thinking. It's actually addictive. Can't stop thinking, it's like can't stop drinking, can't stop smoking, can't stop thinking. Thinking is the greater addiction."

(02:13 - 02:30 on video)
"...you're choice then, is not to understand more, or to bring some intellectual analysis to the practice, but to practice the state of not thinking."

Like you said in OP, meditation helps.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
I'd say just celebrate the one who can't stop thinking. Think as hard as you can, commit to think everything to its core, celebrate it until it decides it has nothing more for you ... then celebrate the silence. It's all about letting it devour you, that's what it wants. If you try to not do it, it'll hang on tight!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One word : ZAZEN.

It is more than meditation in that there is no intention.. no goal to reach (because they are unattainable), no distraction. What do you do? Just sit. With eyes open at a 45 degree downward angle. you face a wall and you allot time for yourself to just be that wall. Still, and just present. Observe your body, not controlling it, however comfortable, allowing thoughts to have their say, giving room for true and lasting quiet you seek. It takes time, but trust me you will see benefits faster than forcing it with mantras and visualization s.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join