It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can finally admit it, I'm addicted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You being a INTJ answers a lot (smarty pants) lol Does he ever wonder if maybe you might be psychic ? :>)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sometimes, he's also INTJ. Depends on the day and test. And we do have an eerie way of saying the say thing at the same time. It used to freak our friends out in college. He's actually a hair smarter than I am.

Now pity our poor only child.
edit on 13-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: onequestion

You are not alone, i actually have a diagnosis on it and take medication for it..

It's called Schizotypal..

I constantly over speculate things and try to find every angle there possibly can be of what i'm thinking of, constantly being aware of my surroundings and people i'm together with, it's a personal disorder that i need to know everything not to be wrong, it rarely works though and have some bad side effects like complete isolation, paranoia and anxiety among others.

Thats why i like to hang out in here, there are a lot of things to analyze, and it keeps my mind occupied on other things, instead of fantasy and imaginary conversation with people i meet or is going to meet, because i try to predict everything.

I actually sometimes hate commenting on these boards as i always try to be as logical and short as possible, which often creates insecurity and anxiety, and after, i over analyze my own comment only to start hating it because i didn't say what i think...Then i start thinking all over again and again.

But, i'm aware of it, so it is what it is...

Now i will go back to pondering about something pointless to see if i can find some meaning to it all

WOW...very profound. Many people on here, i am assuming, can relate to that. All thought provoking responses...ooops that would be counter productive given the nature of the thread.

To the OP:

I am not into meditation. I feel i meditate when i sleep...LOL.

I have thought about your main point for awhile too...and like the post above can relate to what you said.

The only thing i can think of is yes like someone mentioned to get into sports. Even if you dont play you can go out and at least talk about what seems like 70% of males talk about in a social setting...especially if you live in a place similar to where i live. That would help, i think.

also, try to prioritize what is important in your own life. You are not going to solve the worlds problems, nor are you being compensated to do so.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Don't use or think with the third eye, and meditate till your not even aware of the self.

That way when your aware of self, you'll be like "What gives, I was so close?"

And then you lost the focus, and your gonna be thinking about how you did it for a long time.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thinking is not an addiction. It's an exercise.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Use it or lose it.

Make it burn, baby!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
When I get tired of thinking I usually load up a few Episodes of "Nichijou", drink strawberry milk, and laugh my t*ts off.

But yes, thinking certainly is exercise. I do enjoy it most of the time. The trouble comes from when you're ready to stop and your brain is like "NOT TODAY. HAHAHAHA"

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Haha...yes. But now I'm rethinking this. I guess it could become an addiction. Anything could, no?

I get what's it like to not be able to shut your brain off. And to also be middle brained. And i guess the fear would be that once you shut it off it wouldn't turn back on again.

This is more complicated that i was originally thinking. Hmmm....

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Haha that's a good trick. I guess I watch Nashville. Or something equally mindless.

And yes, that's the problem! When it won't stopppppp. Especially when you need to sleep/
edit on 2/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yep that's a trick, isn't it?

I really dislike those nights when my brain just won't stop thinking about things. I sometimes want to hit myself over the head. And the thing is that thinking about how much I need to get to sleep only makes it worse.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have a little trick for that, sometimes it works sometimes it don't, but most of the time you will fall asleep.

Count slowly to ten while thinking of moving one of your fingers for every number, do not move the finger, at ten start over.

It clears your mind of any obstructing thoughts that keeps you awake.

It might feel a little silly like counting sheep, but it actually works after some practice.

I can't promise you, but you will most likely fall asleep before you reach fifty.

Only downside is that you think so much that you forget to use it

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm a healthy guy, but I get hot and I can sweat by thinking. It involves metabolism and it truly is exercise.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you control your brain from its ceaseless mindtalk your intuition will rise from the midst. I really cannot advise how to do it as I seem to do it with ease (perhaps a benefit of being stupid). Many times during the day I tell my mindtalk to quieten and just observe, might just observe a tree, a leaf, doesn't matter. The more you practice the more you will be successful. If thoughts arise let them die of their own accord, don't encourage thought or try forcibly to kill thought. Be an observer without thought.

edit on 13 2 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

imho, thoughts like ideas are actually not bad.
but getting attached to them can be 'suffering' experience.
it will be 'pinging' the head from time to time.

documenting those ideas will stop them 'pinging' the head.
who knows maybe those written ideas could be useful one day.

anyway, i am also still an addict to thinking. so you are not alone in this journey.

wish the best and more peace (hopefully everlasting peace) to you and everyone.

peace

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
About that not being able to sleep because of to much thinking.

It's 05:00 now, i went to bed 4 hours ago, i have given up for this night, taking a night over, sleep tomorrow(today).

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I was a thinker I would think so much that I didn't realize you could do anything else. and then I meditated too much..

Now it's actually hard to think. I have to try to do it..

So like you know when your mind goes hey I'm cold.. Mine doesn't do any of that in words anymore. In fact I have to retype everything I write because I don't always know how to make sentences make sense..

It's peaceful. The problem is it's easy to not notice I'm doing absolutely nothing now haha. Nothing nagging in my brain telling me I need to eat, or whatever.

Definitely need a balance between living in the experience and thinking outside of it.

But at least I can sleep now.. Sleep used to be impossible.. I still day dream, in a way, just without so much of a dream.. More of a just zoned out thing. Not as fun..

I should start doing crosswords and reading more..

Funny memory popped into my head just now.. One day at work years ago a co worker said to me "you think too much." I thought about that for weeks... hahaha

edit on 13-2-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

If you can think and use your mind soundly

You are the enemy of United States government

Watch yourself

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Get a lot of exercise; it will help and even help you think. The benefits are boundless.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thinking is fine. But it's only half of the equation. Real breakthroughs and original ideas come from the subconscious.

So when thinking feels like it's paralyzing you, use some techniques to tap into the subconscious.

And then thinking can be applied to what you find in your ventures into the subconscious.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Through this feedback loop you find the real majesty of human consciousness.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

When you are not the master of your mind, then thoughts are uncontrollable, I can think but I can choose not to. It just takes time to master your mind.

Think about what you are thinking, and then you will think something else, think about that as well, eventually you will be able to handle more than one thought at a time, and your mind will "upgrade" itself. When you can handle all of your thoughts, then you won't get "stuck" on particular thoughts, you can see your mind and brain function from a third perspective. When you can do that, you will start to harness the power of your mind, and there are many wonderful things that you can do once you have.
edit on 14-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I discovered long ago that when I thought too much it was simply my mind pushing me to the next level. When I think too much I'm evolving. Flooding thoughts and interior banter disolved away when I pushed myself to think. You know put on the old thinking cap, hold a light bulb, make people cross the street to avoid you, really demand yourself to think. The junk swirling around inside seems to fade as the focus increases. Sometimes it seems that I may never sleep again. Would'nt that be cool. Fletcher Christian thought way to much according to Captain Bligh.

Thinking is good for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join