It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can finally admit it, I'm addicted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: onequestion

If you are up to a 70 yes or no questionnaire you can take the test here www.humanmetrics.com... It's actually a interesting subject ..peace

My results from this questionnaire...

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(75%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(11%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sucks doesn't it. I study the effects of food on cognition, the immune system, and health. It helps a little to focus on something but I find myself analyzing how everything I eat effects me. I keep thinking I want to go back to the way I was but do not want to be doped up like I was.

All you have to do to return to a life of bliss is to follow the path of eating prepared food or start eating some of the foods they say are really good for us. It's that simple, the doping of people with foods is easily done, and we pay for this doping. If you go the other way too far without focus, you wind up spinning your wheels and get nothing accomplished. I try to stay right before the spinning the wheels event.

So now that I admit thinking sucks and so does not being able to think well, I just have to say. This is a personal choice. Foods that dope us are a lot easier to find in society than those that make us think clearer. I really should do a thread on foods that dope or settle us, but why, just eat what the FDA says is good for us and the problem is solved, except maybe finding your keys that you misplaced every day.

Eat some soup made with cooked cabbage, a half a cup a day works great. You may need to take a small multimineral pill with molybdenum in it to help to correctly process the sulfur a couple of times a week. It won't stop your thinking, but it will make thinking seem a little more interesting.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Oh yeah i excel at sports, i have the mind and body for it i was very very blessed in that way.

link   

Sounds like the2ofusr1's assessment wasn't too far off.

Personally I don't put a whole lot of stock into Meyers-Briggs type.

link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Nope its called boredom

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This is a link to your profile www.personalitypage.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Sounds like the2ofusr1's assessment wasn't too far off.

Personally I don't put a whole lot of stock into Meyers-Briggs type.

I agree.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

This is a link to your profile www.personalitypage.com...
Based on my posting patterns and history, what do you think my type should be?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I wish it was that easy

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Let me share a couple of paragraphs from "Turning Confusion into Clarity" by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche.

I share this reading with all my meditating friends, as we all share the same addiction...

"Befriending Thoughts

Most of us have experienced being driven crazy by our thoughts. "If only I could stop thinking about that person. That incident. That fight with my boss, with my partner..." Endless thoughts, even when they lead to no benefit, just circling around like bees in a jar. Once these thoughts are identified as the problem, we want to get rid of them.

Thoughts can be a great ally to meditation, but we tend to make them our ememies. We think that during mediatation, anything is better than having thoughts. "All day long I am thinking, thinking. But in meditation I can hang out in the deep, pure, thoughtless void. Bliss. Nothingness. Pure. Peaceful. How wonderful." Then what happens? Our mind spins as much during meditation a at other times. At that point, instead of realizing our hopes of bliss and peace, we start a little war with our thoughts: "Bad thoughts! Go away!"

Many strategies exist to annihilte thoughts, such a drinking alcohol, using drugs, overeating, needless shopping, or surfing the internet - activities that narrow the mind through addiction and compulsion. Nowdays many people have the idea that mediatation offers n effective, sane way to get rid of unwnted thoughts. Many people think that the goal of paying attention to a flower, for example, is to suppress or push away thoughts. This might work for a few seconds, but when we release our tight focus on the object, the thoughts flodd right back into our mind. There is no lasting or transformative benefit.

Meditation does offer a sane way to work with our mind. But we do not mediatate to get rid of thoughts. this is the number one misunderstanding. Thinking, like breathing is a natural activity. Trying to impose n arifiial blankness is the exact opposite of how we work with the natural clarity of mind."

I also adivse to beginners investing in an EMWAVE and working with that for six months to a year. I still use mine when I'm particularly spun.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I found myself struggling with the same thing for many years.

The concept that helped me most was realizing that there is more to who we are than just our mind and thoughts. It sounds kind of obvious in a sense, but there is a distinction between just thinking it and experiencing it. Most of us limit our experience through the filter of our thoughts. I even know some people who go further and limit their thoughts with words only.

Some eastern systems of belief have a meditative practice where you essentially walk around pretending you do not have a head. Sounds a bit silly, but it's a rather profound experience when one realizes they can change where they perceive their consciousness is located. This practice eventually leads to all parts of experience, but that's another story!
edit on 13-2-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Trust me it is

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Not really sure what your question implies .Should be's are judgmental .You were partially correct in that the types are not exact ,but I and many will admit that they have a spectrum of truth to them that can be used to help guide us to being ,"more true to ourselves " . Reading through my own profile helped me come to grips about some things that were true but I was looking at them in a negative way of sorts . " I have been guilty of being stubborn in the past but I find out that I can be a very determined person so in one sense it's negative but in another sense it's a positive . your profile is here . www.personalitypage.com... Because we are humans we will share a lot of the same traits but like birds having many songs we sing our own tune . Most of the time we are just a little off tune and need to find our own unique voice .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I wasn't asking you to be judgemental, if it seemed that way I apologize. I was just curious if you agreed with the personality type I said I tested for, and what your personal thoughts on it where. I find myself nodding my head a bit when I read the page on my type, but there are parts where I think "This simply isn't me."

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

My results from the meyers-briggs have changed drastically over the years, multiple times. I'm not sure how meaningful it is beyond the current state of mind, at best.

Maybe I'm just weird though..

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I didn't mean judgmental in a negative way .I am a INFJ personally .I do have a tendency to test as a INTJ at times as well . That used to confuse me until I found out what was going on from a group online .I think there is a thread on the board where a lot of the members took the test and surprisingly or maybe not there are a lot of IN types here . I guess it's a comfortable way to be in a crowd without having to leave the farm lol . It's not a subject I think about much when reading posts by members but sometimes you get a certain connection that I think has to do with the types .

It's a big subject and there are many paths one can take to trying to understand the subject . I basically got my feet wet and thought it was interesting enough to learn a little about it . Some of the online cafe's for the different types are interesting to read if you are up for a good laugh or cry lol

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Heh, you should hear the table conversation between my husband and myself. Here's a hint - it has nothing to do with Kardashians.

Usually it consists of a wide range of topics picked from current events and their wider implications for both our family and the world as a whole ranging to the metaphysical/spiritual ranging to the imagined worlds of our own creation.

Generally, on a Meyer's Briggs, I test out as INTJ and he hits ISTJ.

edit on 13-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Could you be a little more specific, cause i really not sure what you talk about, and i really don't wanna speculate over that...Apropos

You said boredom, where you refering to my ATS hang around or something else in my comment..

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I only wish there was some middle-ground between Introvert and Extrovert on the test.. Some days I'm the social butterfly making everyone around me smile, and some days I want to bury my head under my pillow and not leave the house.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You made me laugh :>) All I need to do to get the notion of wanting to be a extrovert out of my mind is to watch one in action lol . I can be considered extroverted at times as well but it does drain me and I will scurry off back to my comfortable cave .Takes all kinds and there are none missing I guess .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join