It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can finally admit it, I'm addicted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thats right people you are reading it here first! I am addicted to thinking. I can't stop. I need to meditate more and spend more time focusing on the now and living and breathing in the moment and less time analyzing every single instance and second repeatedly looking for and obsessing over mistakes. I can't help it. I am a thinker. I analyze everything until its analyzed into oblivion and then i analyze it again in six months.

I put a lot of effort into tracking my own thought patterns and trying to reorganize how my mind works and how my life works. Sometimes it keeps me up all night and sometimes i can't focus on the task at hand. I will be studying for 30 seconds and bam I'm already lost in a dream. Its almost like a disability to be honest.

My only solution is meditation and breathing thats all I've got.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Try having 2 people who think too much under the same roof. You're not alone my friend.a reply to: onequestion

edit on 13-2-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I wish I could think less.

There are days I really want to be one of those people who guffaws at Reality TV, listens to Ke$ha, buys the latest iDevice and devours all things Pumpkin Spice.

Yes, ATS, I want to be a "Basic B*tch" some days.

It must be liberating, not having to worry about what's going at Fukushima, or in Ukraine (much less the ability to point out said locations on a map), or have to stay up late at night just to hear the familiar droning noise of UVB-76 for comfort.

I wish I didn't constantly look for good deals on a Geiger Counter. Thinking brings with it a burden of knowledge. I don't want that knowledge sometimes. Is that wrong?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I must admit i love pumkin spice things and i also love my Iphone.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hey...I feel your pain there. I'm a thinker too. One of my screen names used to be Analyze This! So I've come to accept that as a part of me...and it can be beneficial if used the right way, imo.

Meditation is great...been doing that for about 2 years now. There are many techniques so don't get locked down into one and get flustered if you cant' get into it.

I use the 'soft gazing' approach alot. With eye's open, stare at something in the near distance, but with soft focus or peripheral vision only....see the whole room as one thing...like you do a photo. If you can 'see' without 'looking' it is more of a mechanical way to calm and stop your mind. There are different little twists to this technique as well, but it works...if you can get your eye's to stop looking your mind will stop as well. Try it! (google phasing meditation)

In the mean time, take that analytical mind of yours and dive into new information, a different direction...read and read and be as diverse as possible...analyze your new info and let your mind calculate and percolate your new info in the background. It can lead to some great insights and personal enlightenment once your mind finally gets enough peices of the puzzle to make a picture. But ya gotta put the peices in the mind first

My experience, after pouring over all kinds of diverse info, no matter how crazy, was after about 5-8 years, I had an amazing epiphany about life in general that I could see was my brain finally able to put bits of info into place and a very satisfying realization about life and our purpose just 'hit' me. I never knew I could be so content
But it's my personal enlightenment...your's would be different of course.

Maybe this will distract your conscious mind away from your perceived faults and troubles. Give yourself someting else more beneficial to analyze!

Once you get into a meditative state you can still 'percolate' information and come to some amazing discoveries, in that quite time. IMO, it's not all about silence all the time. You can use and craft it (meditation) for you personally. Besides, it's only personal to you in the long run anyway

best of luck

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Find some like minded humans to mingle with. They are out there. People that understand themselves are good company.
edit on 13-2-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You sound like an INFJ .I normally go through a lot of thinking and looking and cant stop until I get the answer I need in order to put it to bed so to speak .Once I get a group of dots connected I sleep like a baby .Until then I will get up all hours of the night to search .Thing is ,is I hardly ever know where or what I am looking for but when I find it WOW .

Some times it takes the littlest of things that I had never thought about where the answers lye .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I must admit i love pumkin spice things and i also love my Iphone.
Okay admittedly when "Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING" season comes around, I eat/drink ALL the things. Sooo good. And I am quite fond of my android phone. Even if it does tell the Japanese Gub'ment what I do.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You sound like an INFJ

Whats that?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This little guy will help you no problem. Good luck!

Eckhart Tolle

edit on 13-2-2015 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If you are up to a 70 yes or no questionnaire you can take the test here www.humanmetrics.com... It's actually a interesting subject ..peace

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You sound like an INFJ

Whats that?
This.

The Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator. It's kind of a way to pigeon-hole yourself into a subset of specific attributes.

According to the Meyers-Briggs system, I'm an INTP.
edit on 13-2-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sounds like GAD generalized anxiety disorder, a quick search will lead you in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

According to the Meyers-Briggs system, I'm an ITNP.

You must mean a INTP ....

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That's why I will always say sports are a good thing.
People need to be distracted from the things that constantly eat at them. A mind needs to take a break in order to be able to focus more effectively.

link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

According to the Meyers-Briggs system, I'm an ITNP.

You must mean a INTP ....
Yup I did. It's been corrected. Apologies!

link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
That's why I will always say sports are a good thing.
People need to be distracted from the things that constantly eat at them. A mind needs to take a break in order to be able to focus more effectively.
Sports is a good way to distract the mind, yes. Me? I consume unhealthy amounts of Anime.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You are not alone, i actually have a diagnosis on it and take medication for it..

It's called Schizotypal..

I constantly over speculate things and try to find every angle there possibly can be of what i'm thinking of, constantly being aware of my surroundings and people i'm together with, it's a personal disorder that i need to know everything not to be wrong, it rarely works though and have some bad side effects like complete isolation, paranoia and anxiety among others.

Thats why i like to hang out in here, there are a lot of things to analyze, and it keeps my mind occupied on other things, instead of fantasy and imaginary conversation with people i meet or is going to meet, because i try to predict everything.

I actually sometimes hate commenting on these boards as i always try to be as logical and short as possible, which often creates insecurity and anxiety, and after, i over analyze my own comment only to start hating it because i didn't say what i think...Then i start thinking all over again and again.

But, i'm aware of it, so it is what it is...

Now i will go back to pondering about something pointless to see if i can find some meaning to it all

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yup exactly. Have to check into that.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

If you are up to a 70 yes or no questionnaire you can take the test here www.humanmetrics.com... It's actually a interesting subject ..peace

My results from this questionnaire...

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(75%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(11%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join