It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just declared war on Syria ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

No it doesn't, but if they were going in without permission or some kind of agreement, then they wouldn't have just been flying around like they are. And if it was supposed to be a big set up, they've certainly failed at that, now haven't they.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think that's eventually what this ISIS war authorization is basically leading too. ISIS operates heavily in Syria so there really isn't a way to fight ISIS without Assad's permission which we're not going to get. This will further escalate tensions with Russia as well. There is no doubt this is about oil interests, look at the two most war torn areas now Ukraine and Syria. What do they have in common? Oil pipelines! What a coincidence.

The war on ISIS is like the declared War on Terrorism. We specify an enemy not linked to any particular country/nationality so when we invade a country it looks more like we're not fighting the countries citizens and governments. I.E. we're fighting Jihadists or Al Qaeda not Iraqi's or Afghani's.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

they always wanted to get to Assad's ass. why did you think ISIS was invented?
let no good crisis go to waste.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
So the US is willing to pull off false flags that kill thousands of their own citizens, but can't pull off a simple false flag involving a plane or two shot down, and only one or two pilots to get into a fight with Syria.

Difference is, the US has control over the US, they would have limited contacts in Syria. You do remember that chemical false flag in Syria? Turned out the shells came from US ally Saudi Arabia? Turned out the anti-Assad forces were the ones on video firing sarin shells? Not to mention eating hearts...

The US b**ched out Syria for violating Geneva, and they responded with handing over all stockpiles to Russia. Who said, if you can prove as you claim that Assad was behind it, we'll oust him ourselves! And once again, the US failed to deliver on their promise.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

US government and their overall policy at home and abroad absolutely disgusts me

I will celebrate the day they are no more

I will get drunk

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

And most of the free world will join you in the party

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm not sure what to think about this declaration of war (to be honest, I'm against it), but at least Obama is FINALLY following the protocol in the Constitution for declaring war. Which is better than every other president since WWII.

Riiiiggghhttt lol, you know dam well Obama has something naughty up his sleeve. If it goes bad he will just blame it on Congress anyway. I wonder what General Rice has planned and how many Real Generals will retire after they get tired of her and Obamas games.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

they've certainly failed at that, now haven't they.

Besides trying to ruin America here at home in every way he sure has done a dam good job of failing at everything overseas he touches. He needs to stop acting like he knows how to run a war and stop tying our Generals hands.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join