It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a troll and so are you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Welcome fellow trolls!

I'm sorry to start this thread with a derogatory statement but I'm hoping that it will make sense in time.

Trolls were once used to describe that special kind of person that lurks online and makes deliberate inflammatory comments to provoke a response. Nowadays the definition has broadened to include anyone who does not agree with a persons beliefs. Anyone expressing a different point of view is branded a troll, anyone who provides evidence that contradicts anothers evidence is a troll, hell anyone who looks at a cloud and calls it a cloud can be a troll.

Sure people will disagree from time to time when it comes to pressing issues, but sometimes the act of calling one a troll is unbecoming of the accuser, We call out each others shortcomings and debate passionately all the time but when someone decides to call someone the dreaded T word because they can it effects everybody, and I've learned that those who cry troll tend to shout louder than everyone else.

Don't get me wrong- A true troll should be called out, but calling someone a troll just because they disagree with you is poor form. This is a forum not a shouting match and if you disagree with someone then say so-but don't accuse a fellow member of being a troll unless you have evidence to back it up.

edit on 13-2-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Having been called an "ISIS sympathiser" not too long ago...

Being called a Troll doesn't feel so bad...

Thus...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Everytime someone mentions trolling I immediately think of Jeff Anderson in Clerks 2 messing with the handicapped guy on his blog.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

There's lots of people on here that just disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

It's like they have no power at home or work so they come on here to disagree. With anything.

I would say the internet warriors are the worst trolls on here because in their quest to be Mr Intelligent Devil's Advocate they end up derailing and smoke screening important issues.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Few of us have earned the honor of being labeled a troll. It takes hard work, experience, and dedication to wear that moniker. So I agree. Don't throw it around loosely. Only use it in reference to someone who has properly earned it.

And remember kids. An outstanding troll has a future with the United States Government.
edit on 2/13/2015 by Klassified because: gwammar

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Crawling out from under my bridge now...

For some reason, I could just care less about these kinds of insults. Probably because I came to terms with the fact that not everyone was going to agree with me and vice versa. I agree that there is no place for this type of interaction. It is not appropriate in any debate, discussion, or forum, but they sure can be funny sometimes.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Nowadays the definition has broadened to include anyone who does not agree with a persons beliefs. Anyone expressing a different point of view is branded a troll, anyone who provides evidence that contradicts anothers evidence is a troll, hell anyone who looks at a cloud and calls it a cloud can be a troll.

Actually, if you look around here, disagreeing with someone gets you labeled a "Shill". It's imperative that you do not subscribe to anything "the man" has to say. Or you are one of "them"

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
NetworkDude beat me too it. People just don't know the difference between a troll & a shill.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Actually, if you look around here, disagreeing with someone gets you labeled a "Shill". It's imperative that you do not subscribe to anything "the man" has to say. Or you are one of "them"

They're just jealous they didn't get the job. Envy. Such an ugly trait.
edit on 2/13/2015 by Klassified because: changed my mind.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yea, while the pay isn't great, the befits RULE!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Trolls were once used to describe that special kind of person that lurks online and makes deliberate inflammatory comments to provoke a response. Nowadays the definition has broadened to include anyone who does not agree with a persons beliefs. Anyone expressing a different point of view is branded a troll, anyone who provides evidence that contradicts anothers evidence is a troll, hell anyone who looks at a cloud and calls it a cloud can be a troll.

Many long term generally accepted ideals have been shattered recently.

Many people got away unchallenged for years.

When heads explode from debunking and exposures, it takes a toll.

The Hobby Lobby decision and the November elections are just 2 events that changed the direction of debate and ideals.

Obama (formerly Mr Peace Prize) being a war munger is another.

new topics

top topics

join