It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Dont Think My Body Needs 2000 Calories Per Day, Lets Discuss?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Dieting is pretty simple - burn more calories then you take in, you will lose weight - it's really that simple. The trick is getting your body to burn fat - If a calorie deficit is too great, your body will consume muscle for energy, and you will lose weight, but it is incredibly unhealthy (and you won't look very good). Counting calories is pretty useless, IMHO, self-discipline is really the key.

Dieting alone will work, but exercise will greatly improve your weight loss - The exercise will burn extra calories, and build lean muscle, which will cause your body to burn even more calories to maintain the new muscle mass. Also the new muscle will tighten up your body, contracting your fat deposits. You just have to eat intelligently. I eat tons of chicken breast, eggs, brown rice, yogurt, fresh fruit and veggies, plenty of sea food - I still cheat and eat less healthy foods (I love bacon cheese burgers and pizza) but I try to not let those foods dominate my diet.

Get to know your body, after three weeks of diet and exercise, if you don't notice any slight changes in your body, you need to adjust your physical activity and/or food intake/types of foods you are eating. The 2000 calorie thing is an average - the "average" person with an "average" physical output needs 2000 calories a day to maintain. Myself, I need closer to 2500+ calories a day due to a physically demanding job, and my weight training to maintain (I am 5'10 175 lbs). I don't count calories, though. It's a rough average, and your own results will vary due to physical output, genetics, and diet.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's an interesting twist. This guy did an experiment on himself where he ate a specific amount of calories but mostly junk food. He did eat other things like some vegetables and took some multivitamins as well.

For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.

Yes, we all can guess he lost weight from the large calorie restriction but...

Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent. "That's where the head scratching comes," Haub said. "What does that mean? Does that mean I'm healthier? Or does it mean how we define health from a biology standpoint, that we're missing something?"

Now He doesn't seem to think its a great long time idea but it does bring up some interesting questions.

"I'm not geared to say this is a good thing to do," he said. "I'm stuck in the middle. I guess that's the frustrating part. I can't give a concrete answer. There's not enough information to do that."

source

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Protein doesn't cause cancer anymore than eating a coconut will make you climb trees.

I already told you that your knowledge is outdated and old. And by your posting, i see you are ignorant. High protein diet increases chances of you dying from cancer. Scientist says it is bad as smoking.

You can ignore this research, but it is the latest one, and the bigest one and no I will not give you links, if you want to learn to go dig it up and read, it is not so had to find it.

EVERYTHING gives you freaking cancer.

I agree, only some things will give you more chance for a cancer and some will give you low chance...
And it is not so hard to drop that bad things from your lifestyle, you just need to have control over your self (body and mind), if you dont have that, then why bother... Many people are here on earth to be controled by others or are here for god knows what kind of a reson.

Maybe if your own body wasn't subject to the insulin spikes caused by your overconsumption of carbs you wouldn't be so rude.

For every study saying protein causes cancer there's another stating the benefits of it, so al that research you have yet to cite in any of your replies isn't worth a fig.

edit on 38pSun, 27 Dec 2015 05:01:38 -060020152015-12-27T05:01:38-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I only eat healthy earth growing carbs, so no spikes here. I need to be aggressive and sometimes hard on the words to throw people out of balance because only then, when they brain is off the autopilot they may learn or go seek the truth.

But I see you are hard core. I know meat benefits, but that does not delete the fact that meat s linked to cancer. And I know there are people that will ignore that, same as many smokers ignore that smoking cause cancer. There are also benefits if smoking, people who smoke are calm when they smoke, you can find a partner at smoking place or when she or he ask you for cigarette.

And again I m telling you that you should investigate healthy carbs and learn more about them.

Sugar is bad, but sugar in natural food is actually extremely healthy. Industry meat is extremely dangerous but if your weak brain can't go without meat grab bow and arrow and go to Alaska for hunt. Because all other areas are probably polluted.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Again, knock off the insults. Bandying around things such as "Your weak brain" are pointless and just make me think you are a twat.

have a look at grass fed meats and you may see a world of difference to intensively farmed, mechanically recovered rubbish.

I'm not anti carbs per se, but I stand by my statement regarding high carb foods such as potatoes and pasta being worth less, nutritionally than leafy veg and fruits.

You will get much better value per calorie ditching grains and starches for colourful veg and roots. That fact is undeniable.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well its getting close to New Years so people will start making weight resolutions.
I checked and my weight puts me in the 13th percentile for my age and height.
Strength starts dropping off for me if I go much below the 9th percentile.
Indulged in ice cream, cookies, cream filled pumpkin muffins and pie a few times this month so my weights up about 1.5%.
I'll probably make some low calorie choices the first week of next year to give myself some room.

halls.md...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I went with not having breakfast for decades and a nutritionist told me if I do that then my body's metabolism doesn't really get going until lunch which means my calorie burn rate is much lower for the day, so now though I still do not like breakfast I drink a protein shake in the morning. If you eat late at night it is also a good reason why someone doesn't want breakfast and is about the worst thing you can do eating wise.

edit on 29-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I'm not anti carbs per se, but I stand by my statement regarding high carb foods such as potatoes and pasta being worth less, nutritionally than leafy veg and fruits.

You will get much better value per calorie ditching grains and starches for colourful veg and roots. That fact is undeniable.

People just need to try the Akin's diet or like diet. It is not an easy diet because we are all addicted to carbs, but do it for 2 weeks and you will be amazed at the loss of weight and increase energy as your insulin levels get under control. One warning, the first 48 hours without carbs is not good since your body takes time to switch to burning fat and not all carbs, so you will be real tired. I would start it on a Thursday to have the weekend to get over the first part.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syyth007
a reply to: Maverick7

Dieting is pretty simple - burn more calories then you take in, you will lose weight - it's really that simple. The trick is getting your body to burn fat - If a calorie deficit is too great, your body will consume muscle for energy, and you will lose weight, but it is incredibly unhealthy (and you won't look very good). Counting calories is pretty useless, IMHO, self-discipline is really the key.

Dieting alone will work, but exercise will greatly improve your weight loss - The exercise will burn extra calories, and build lean muscle, which will cause your body to burn even more calories to maintain the new muscle mass. Also the new muscle will tighten up your body, contracting your fat deposits. You just have to eat intelligently. I eat tons of chicken breast, eggs, brown rice, yogurt, fresh fruit and veggies, plenty of sea food - I still cheat and eat less healthy foods (I love bacon cheese burgers and pizza) but I try to not let those foods dominate my diet.

Get to know your body, after three weeks of diet and exercise, if you don't notice any slight changes in your body, you need to adjust your physical activity and/or food intake/types of foods you are eating. The 2000 calorie thing is an average - the "average" person with an "average" physical output needs 2000 calories a day to maintain. Myself, I need closer to 2500+ calories a day due to a physically demanding job, and my weight training to maintain (I am 5'10 175 lbs). I don't count calories, though. It's a rough average, and your own results will vary due to physical output, genetics, and diet.

Sorry, man but everything you posted is wrong.

The body resists catabolism (breaking down muscle for nutrition). The body is ALWAYS in a steady state, protein broken down and built up again. That's why bodybuilders like to do steroids, it tips the balance toward anabolism

Exercise only contributes a TINY fraction of the body re-composition paradigm

If you don't ever count calories, how in the world do you know how many calories you consume.

Yes, one thing you said is true and that is genetics plays a huge part, but that just means at the 'championship' level.

Saying 'I eat this or that, and I cheat' is not meaningful. It's anecdotal.

You don't mention your age, you don't mention how many grams of protein you actually eat per day, you don't have any way of tracking your fitness, and you don't say what your job is.

Not to be antagonistic but your comments are vague, and you're just giving an -opinion- with no facts. It's 'bro-science'.

Now, maybe that 'way' works for you, but why post in a 'diet thread' which is about how a person who needs specific guidelines about HOW to eat what they should be eating.

So may I suggest you post what you eat for a typical period of say 2-3 days, giving the weight of the foods or the actual calories, (which you say you don't know) and give your age and what your energy expenditure is specifically, and THEN make claims and assertions.

Saying oh, it's easy, it's simple contradicts that almost nobody can keep up a long term 'lean body mass', almost nobody knows what their 'maintenance calories are, and almost nobody gives accurate information on their body fat percentage. They over estimate their energy output and underestimate their intake.

HTH

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I went whole food cooked vegan and dropped 20 lbs with only light exercise. My mom also went vegan with me and dropped 40 lbs without any calorie counting or exercise. She also ended up curing her diabetes, high blood pressure and arthritis as well. Now she takes no medication at all.

The fact that heart disease is our number one killer, and that cholesterol and saturated fat are the primary drivers of heart disease, should tell you something about just how bad animal products are for you. If you look out in nature, animals that are eating their natural diet have no obesity issues. Humans are no different. When humans eat the diet they are supposed to be eating, they lose weight and reverse heart disease.

We were put here to care for the animals, not eat them.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am a nit late to the party, many valuable info is already given.

Let me add my personal experience:

- you mentionend a cold: best remedy (in my books) make tea with fresh ginger roots and add a fresh pressed orange to it. if you often feel cold, spice it up with cayenne pepper. this contains what most anti-cold medicine (neo-citran for instance) provides, minus side effects.

- cravings: nuts, all kind of nuts. cashew and almond are very good for people with (overly) acidic stomachs (reflux). but all other nuts work as well.

-exercices: try to implement it in the daily schedule, take stairs instead ot the elevator. travel by bus? exit one station before you are home, walk home. its a training and helps to make a (mental) distance from work to home

- food: NO sugar. period. if you need sweetener. try agave juice. the no sugar diet is hard in the beginning, but once the craving is over you realise how much more balanced you get

- cut the meat. when i dont have time to cook i make a sandwich: some smoked tofu (way more taste then the usual tofu) , a radish: grounded almonds, little bit of salt, little bit of water, mix till its creamy, add some tomato from the tube (concentrate or puree)' add flavours (mustard works very well) and add slices of carrots/pepperoni).

the radish i make in bulk, lasts a couple of days in the fridge, probably months in the freezer.

mentally: take small steps, make it a change in lifestyle day by day. don t fall for the trap: no radical changes for two weeks, and the falling back into old tracks.

And most important: if you think you fail (you know that tasty icecream on a lonely evening).
iF it happenend it happenend. no worries. tomorrow you will be on track again.

and - nearly forgot: make sure to have enough iron. especially during the cycle. otherwise energy drops, exercising gets harder, moral is lower, the icecream seems more tempting - vicious circle.

You can do it!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join