It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Dont Think My Body Needs 2000 Calories Per Day, Lets Discuss?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You've already had some good advice here so I haven't much to add BUT try cutting out sugar as much as you can. If you take it in tea or coffee, see if you can cut down.

It's not really necessary on a bowl of cereal either.

Definitely ditch any ready meals - they're full of crap and will make you ill. Take it from someone who used to live on them.

Bananas - now there's a nice, easy nutritious snack. Also, nuts are handy. I've got some almonds to snack on, they're tasty with a cup of tea. Seedless grapes are pretty convenient - just a quick rinse under the tap and off you go. I believe that all of these things are good for your energy levels. Bananas are 'slow burning' so they can keep you going.

I hate cooking, too. But I can throw a sandwich together. I'm reasonably sure that a home-made sandwich would be better for you than any pre-prepared food.

In the warmer weather it doesn't take all that long to make a fruit salad. Chop up some honeydew melon, strawberries, nectarines, grapes, kiwi fruit - any or all of these plus whatever other fruits you'd prefer. And no cooking
Also, no cream or sugar or whatnot

Try going for a walk in your lunch hour if you can, or use the time to scoot round the supermarket to pick up your daily fresh groceries - as listed above

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, true, but as I said I suspect caloric restriction in that case (very frequent)

Also when you were doing keto diet, were you doing control using ketostix, urine pH and blood glucose?

Yes, I was testing to make sure I was in ketosis. I wasn't really restricting my calories that much. I'm thinking I may have hypoglycemia on some level, because my blood sugar was really low at times. I suspect that may have something to do with the fuzziness. More (non-starchy) carbs just works better for me personally.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

If your adapted to keto metabolism, then very low blood glucose level is a good thing. Did you know that a person keto adapted cannot suffer from hypoglycemia and can goes as low as 1mmol/L glucose level without suffering any cognitive effect?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Amount of calories to consume is based on height/weight. My RMR(resting metabolic rate) is something like 2400 calories. I burn 2400 calories a day by doing nothing. But in my experience with every diet of the rainbow. I would suggest a low carb diet as others here have said. Calories make almost no difference if your body is in a state that is storing fat (which is what happens when you eat simple carbs, sugar, starches). But on a carb restricted diet your insulin isn't telling your body to store it, instead it just starts dumping it. You breath it out, sweat it, pee it, poo it. It just goes.

The first week is the hardest, due to your body adapting to a fat based diet, you will get what is called "the keto flu" or low carb flu. I never got this, just a little bit of fuzzy brain for a few days. Some people have full on flu like symptoms though. You drop 10lbs of water the first week or two, on average i lost 2 - 4lbs a week. That is the average anyway.

PS: Lost 65lbs on keto, my mother lost 70 or more, dad lost 40 and my little brother lost 80. Only do keto if you have a healthy liver and gallbladder. It's not meant for everyone, but it is the only diet that worked for me and all of my family minus one brother who needs to gain some weight haha

Notes: Fat does not cause heart disease, cholesterol does not cause it either. Natural external cholesterol is needed for your body to function properly. Your brain needs good chol, and your body cannot provide that good cholesterol, it will make its own bad cholesterol though as a replacement.

The great things about keto: Sharper mind, not hungry all the time, hunger pains are very different (almost non existent), losing weight like a champ, almost infinite energy, greater sexual prowess (that's just me). Since i love meat i fell into it very easy. Don't forget to eat your veges or you'll have bowel issues.
edit on 13/2/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
When I used to fight I'd train on1000 calories a day to cut weight.

Talk to the wrestlers they will tell you that most of that hype is well hype. Your body can survive on very little food for prolonged periods of time. Water is the most important part. Mineral rich water.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

If your adapted to keto metabolism, then very low blood glucose level is a good thing. Did you know that a person keto adapted cannot suffer from hypoglycemia and can goes as low as 1mmol/L glucose level without suffering any cognitive effect?

Hmmm, well maybe I didn't do it for long enough. I did it for about 3 months, but I did get tired of the lack of fruits and vegetables. Just didn't work for me - I couldn't stay on it long term. I'm much happier with how I'm eating now. Just cutting out the sugar and processed food, and greatly reducing the starchy carbs and grains makes me feel better, with more energy, losing weight, sleeping better - all that good stuff. And it's less stressful not having to worry if I'm still in ketosis.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

If you are on a keto diet and taking excessing amount of calories you will take weight.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Then better for you to simply stay "low carb". Keto is not for everyone but can be wonderfull while older and dealing with health problem. When younger, the body can accomodate for other metabolic "mode" like high carb.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Ketosis is the stage where it takes fat deposits and uses them to release glucose, you can't escape it. It's like starch is to plants, we NEED glucose to power our motor functions. Fat is nothing more than a highly efficient storage of energy, hence why we store fat when we take in to much, and it doesn't burn when we consume to many sugary, and high in carb foods.

To the OP.

Breakfast technically isn't needed, if you eat a large dinner, it would most likely last you till lunch the next day. If you eat a large breakfast, you can most likely skip lunch, and so on.
The three square meals a day was based off the whole crusade against saturated fat, people ate less fat, but more grains and veggies and the right amount of protein, if you were on this diet then yes three a day would work because your body was being robbed of the most densely packed form of energy we can consume, which is fat.
But, think of it like this, for more of our human evolution we spent hours and even days without a solid meal, our bodies know what to do in a fasting situation so use it to your advantage.

My advice, start planning your meals two days in advance, keep a stock of fruits, nuts and legumes. Weed off of sugary soda, and juices by drinking club soda or maybe carbonated spring water, up your intake of protein, and potassium.
I say potassium because it's the way your body handles minerals and vitamins, it makes them sort of your whole 'nutrient' especially sodium, people never get enough now days.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I don't eat nearly that many. The one thing that screwed me up is not eating enough and lots of running. I lost weight so fast that now I have hanging skin and its gross. I think each person is unique in their requirements. My thoughts are buy a scale, weigh everyday and eat as little as you can to maintain or reach goals. My rule of thumb is, if its more food than I can fit in my hand, its too much to eat in one sitting.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
When I was working a ton of hours and was too tired to cook when I got home I would use my George Foreman grill. A chicken breast would grill in 4 minutes (depending on size) and was a great, healthy meal. It kept me from buying frozen pizza and especially frozen dinners. I still use it, too.

It's just an idea for you to get started.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
When you eat is actually important, the standard 3 meals a day propaganda is more leftover nonsense from the mid 1900's when they were telling all kinds of lies in the media.

You should eat your healthiest meal of the day right after your workout. You should try and eat certain kinds of veggies and fruits before you go to sleep and when your resting. Its important to eat while in a rested state. 1 hour after working out, or even 30 minutes is your window to eat what your body needs the most.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Ketosis is the stage where it takes fat deposits and uses them to release glucose, you can't escape it.

Sorry but it does not quite work like that! If your in ketosis and on a caloric balanced diet, you won't burn your own fat, you will burn the fat you EAT!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
speaking personally, i know i consume FAR less calories than any recommended daily amount. i've never been a big eater (or sleeper) and over the years the gaps between eating have stretched to the point where i now often go a couple of days without food, to no apparent ill effect. i need to drink a lot though, i generally tend to be more thirsty than hungry.
back to the issue at hand, obviously it's different strokes for different folks, notwithstanding variables such as age, weight or general well-being. but in my experience it's possible (and maybe healthier, insofar as longevity of life, in the long run) to eat only when i really feel i should, as a matter of fuelling the body

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And burning fat produce fatty acid and ketogenic bodies.

As most of the body prefer fatty acid and ketones bodies (when adapted) over glucose, glucose will only be synthesised as needed by gluconeogenesis.
edit on 2015-2-13 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Ketosis is the stage where it takes fat deposits and uses them to release glucose, you can't escape it. It's like starch is to plants, we NEED glucose to power our motor functions. Fat is nothing more than a highly efficient storage of energy, hence why we store fat when we take in to much, and it doesn't burn when we consume to many sugary, and high in carb foods.

To the OP.

Actually. Your body does not store glucose, it uses it for energy in a regular diet. Your body does store fat though when your body is told to store fat due to insulin secretion. The more sugary/carby things you eat, the more insulin in your bloodstream, the more fat that is being stored in your body. The human body needs surprisingly little glucose to run, about 20 grams a day will keep your parts working properly, otherwise glucose can be replaced in most of your bodies functions (via the use of stored fat) and is not needed. Its like having a truck with two fuel tanks, when one dries up (glucose) it switches to the other tank (fat). The brain is the main reason we need to eat -some- glucose in a day, but your body will make it with protein if it has to.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Totally agree about potassium. Foods that are high in potassium:

Dark leafy greens, sweet potatoes, squash, beans, yogurt (plain - not the high sugar stuff), fish, avocados, and of course the ever-popular bananas.

www.healthaliciousness.com...

Many times I've roasted several sweet potatoes in the oven, then kept them in the fridge for eating during the week. I LOVE avocados - I could eat my weight in them - until I got fat as a cow. I do try to eat 1/2 of an avocado every day. They are a very healthy fat.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Eliminate any foods with wheat in it. Eliminate simple sugars. Reduce junk carbs (wheat). Run or jog at least 30 minutes a day. Research "wheat belly".

Completely agree. I started a job 3 months ago and my new coworker had been on the "Wheat Belly" diet for 7 months already with great results. I read "Wheat Belly" and "Grain Brain" and have now been on the diet for a month. Anyone who eats wheat products and cares about their health SHOULD read these books. Highly recommended.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Skipping meals isn't the way to go. Eat more, low calorie, high value meals and snacks. Women are grazers, our metabolisms evolved around cooking all day and sampling throughout the day. Our metabolism slows down (men too) when we don't eat enough because you're telling your body that you're in famine conditions and thus need to store and burn slow.

Get your protein in.
Get your healthy fat in.
Get your fiber in.
Have fruit for snacks.

Within each of those make sure your getting vitamin and mineral needs in.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

The best thing I think a person can do is to avoid starches and any other form of carbohydrates which all turn into sugar in the body, and are then subsequently stored as fat. Starches are mostly things like grains (wheat, rice, oats, legume beans, etc.), and potatoes. They convert into sugar in the body, and any excess sugar is stored as fat.

What I present to you here may sound bad for you, but look at the recent studies that show that the medical establishment was all wrong about cholesterol. I believe that sugars are the main contributors to the hardening of the arteries (which leads to heart disease).

The best thing anyone can do to avoid diabetes and lose weight is to avoid sugar in all of its forms. There is plenty of propaganda out there that says that "natural sugars" and sources of complex carbohydrates (grains) are "ok". I don't believe that myself. All forms of fruit contain fructose, which is sugar. All grains have carbohydrates which are converted into sugar inside the body.

There has been plenty of propaganda that your body needs sugars/carbohydrates to make energy (they say). I think the biggest thing would be to try preparing meals with meat, if you can eat it-along with vegetables. If you eat lots of veggies and meat, you will still get full, but you will lose weight very rapidly.

An example would be broccoli with cheese melted over the top. A lot of people don't like that, so there are other things you could try. Mexican fajitas without ANY corn or flour tortillas or rice are a good example. Just chop up some beef, get some natural taco seasoning without sugar added, chop some onions and bell peppers, and spicy peppers if you can take it. Simmer it in a pan, and have a nice dollop of cream cheese on top for flavor. There has been a ton of propaganda that fat in food makes people "fat". It's a lie. The key to it all is to avoid the sugar. If you need flavored drinks, just drinks that have stevia as a sweetener, instead of sugars. Avoid "diet" pops with aspartame, as there have been studies that show that aspartame MAY cause weight gain. Avoid high fructose corn syrup at all cost (regular soda, fruit punch, etc.).

The nice thing about low carbohydrate meals is that you can prepare them at home, and microwave them when you're at work for a quick meal on the go. You may notice that the first few days you get hungrier than normal, but over time your stomach will begin to shrink up as you are saying.

Another thing that I would recommend for weight loss is a product that is made in the USA. There is this tea called Dr. Miller's Holy Tea. It has herbs in it that work as a POWERFUL natural laxative, and make the intestines flush the hardened stuff that builds up inside them. I use the product myself every day, and it has made a huge difference. The downside to it is that it is kind of expensive, but 2 teabags makes a full 3.78 liters (gallon), and it tastes great. I don't drink more than 2 glasses of it a day, as it can make a person "run" to the bathroom with an overpowering laxative effect. I don't know how easy it will be for you to get the tea in the UK, but I would suggest that you try the low carb diet for at least 2 weeks and watch the extra weight melt away. Over time, your body will get used to not having all the sugars, and you will feel better and better. You will also not to eat as large of portions to feel satiated.

A good diet to try that meets most of the requirements I mentioned above is the Atkins diet. Remember, you will probably have to eat more often, but in smaller portions.

I think that in the morning, the reason that you may not feel hungry for many hours is because you may be having a "delayed stomach emptying effect". I used to eat large meals and a large snack before bed, and then I wouldn't want to eat until 3 PM to 6 PM the next day. You will notice with more frequent and smaller portions, that you WILL be hungry in the morning. Try to divide the portions you eat into 6 small meals, and 1-2 small snacks if you get hungry between those. Adjust as you feel necessary, and within two weeks you could lose up to 14 pounds. If you continue, you will be at 112 pounds after a month.

Gradually, you can add small bits of fruit and other things that have sweetness, but if the weight starts to come back just remember to go back to eating as little starches and carbohydrates as possible.

I am speaking from experience here, and I know this method I describe works VERY well. Just try it for 2 weeks (with or without the tea), and I'm sure that it will make a difference. Also, be careful with salad dressings (even the ones that don't taste sweet). Almost all of them have sugars and other bad ingredients added to them. If you have to have salad dressings, just look up recipes and make your own-without all the sugar and other bad ingredients.

It does take some thinking ahead and some work to maintain this program, but you will notice the results very rapidly. If you need further verification, just look up on the web 'sugars convert to fat'. It is well-known that excess sugar stores in the body as fat. Best wishes to you, and please keep us updated!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join