It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They can't disclose what they don't know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Which of course is not to say the american government doesn't at least have a vaguely informed understanding of what's going on. At least more then any ufologist or public opinion. However, i do believe by their secrecy over the past century, that what they do know, is so lacking compared to what we think they know, that the reason they are yet to declassify all that is known, is simply that they themselves are still trying to figure out the truth of the matter - are these aliens, all the different types, friend or foe.

I believe in a future, when there is enough information collected by the top secret governmental departments, american and worldwide, whom are investigating all of this, once they have decide whom are a threat to mankind and whom can be confirmed as possible allies, then disclosure can then be seriously acted upon.

Until then, any muscling by abduction, contactees, or military personnel whom have and will continue to push for transparency, is to an extant, fairly useless. Though, bringing the reality of it all to the public through hearings, tv interviews and documentaries, is of course worth the effort to at least provide public awareness. And yet those in the know, those in power whom see this attempt as maybe even admirable, will not and cannot allow a governmental confirmation to be permitted, simply because, they do not have, and maybe never will have control of the situation they would prefer for such a relinquishing of information.

Such control would imply they know who these aliens are in terms of groups or kind, where they're from, what are their intentions, if they are a threat that they can be dealt with, and if friendly, can there be an alliance of information and technology exchanged. Perhaps some of these questions have already been ultimately Answered, perhaps not. But what can be seen as quite obvious due to the American governments attitude to secrecy throughout it's history, is that it is heavily paranoid, and scared of loosing it's authoritative power, economically and politically - to which it is currently bluffing. To reveal their weakness in handling such a phenomenon on top of there current economic bankruptcy, would not be in their best interest.

To conclude, the only disclosure that would surface if it were too, would be a confirmation of their existence, but not of the many decades of research. Since the research would determine little to no concrete understanding of what they are. Possibly to the effect of - we have detected extraterrestrial craft in our airspace using radar, and are yet to determine their motives. Contact has been unsuccessful, since we don't know when they'll appear next or in what way to communicate. I believe this is the actual governments stance, and that all stories related to meetings and deals between the government and aliens is misinformation due the fact that missile silos have been shut down by ufo's for at least 40 plus years and as recently as 2007, which implies there's been no deal otherwise these incidents wouldn't be happening.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here's the other thing: Any disclosure would be rejected by the UFO CT community as "disinfo", as has been the case in the past. So official "disclosure" is pointless if intended to appease those demanding it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've only recently started working with some of the
'old timers' in the UFO field; who were active before
people like say Richard M. Dolan were even born.

It seem to me that, yes, indeed, they know far less
than people think that they do. Yes, there are pockets
of data accumulated in various parts of academia,
government and the military industrial complex,
but they are all scratching their heads too.

Now the ILLUSION that 'the government knows and
is in control' is very convenient for them..and has
been promoted from the beginning.. but it's an
illusion.

Kev

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18

As a UFO abductee from way back in 1964, I suggest that you are hopelessly naive in your approach to the problem. You offer a shield of ignorance to TPTB for the lack of us knowing more about the UFO. You are saying, "They don't really know yet what is really going on so, therefore, we can't know."

Let us not dwell on the historical side of what is known about UFOs as can easily be determined merely from the raw data. The phenomena are real. Also real are many of the abductions which then moves the matter into another category which allows another, better, understanding of why TPTB admits nothing. They can't! The abductions are indicative of something going on that is the same order of horror as zombies stalking the streets and knocking down our doors. (In fact, I equate the surge in zombie mania as related abduction fears and general fears about UFOs.)

The main reason we are not told about the reality of UFOs and the superior minds of the ETs is for the sake of world safety. There is a good chance that we would fall into another Dark Ages if we suddenly had ETs in our midst and absolutely everything about them would be superior to every human achievement since man discovered fire. We would be disenfranchised from our own efforts of discovery about every single aspect of existence from where the Universe came from to depths of the human psyche. Simply put, for the sake of humanity, we can't be openly helped along the way toward a bigger, better and brighter future, but that doesn't mean we can't be herded along that way. Being from down under, you could call the ET folk with their quantum computers "blue heelers."

While the term the New World Order has a historical context, its old meaning is nothing compared to the recent use of the word to aptly display for us both the folly of the human civilization to date and the promise of what it could be. That is work that ETs can't make us do but what we must do ourselves. I deploy losing my old values because many of them have been deeply engrained in me as my identity as an individual and citizen, but all of that must change. We must induce drastic changes across about every aspect of human existence, both within our heads and in the physical world. The mechanisms for making of those changes are within the hands of our governments, our local masters to which we are accustomed. What we don't need know or even want to know is that the real masters are elsewhere. I revert to using a paraphrase from the movie A Few Good Men. "You want the truth? You want the truth? --You can't handle the truth!"

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
They may be technologically superior, but they aren't ethically superior by any stretch, and that's part of the problem as well. The other beings are full of tricksters, or so it would seem, and take delight in doing some really weird unbelievable #. It seems to me like trolling humans is a favorite past time of ET.

When half of what is seen and done is weird and unbelievably bizarre and silly, hard to take it seriously. Which really is genius cover up on the part of ET and probably fun too.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
They may be technologically superior, but they aren't ethically superior by any stretch, and that's part of the problem as well. The other beings are full of tricksters, or so it would seem, and take delight in doing some really weird unbelievable #. It seems to me like trolling humans is a favorite past time of ET.

When half of what is seen and done is weird and unbelievably bizarre and silly, hard to take it seriously. Which really is genius cover up on the part of ET and probably fun too.

The trickster aspect is in fact the ENTIRE thing to know.
The 'goal' hidden behind the trickster aspect is gossamer
fine; nearly impossible to ascertain. I've never seen anyone
accurately write about it, on ATS or any other site, or in
person. It's literally the biggest secret in the world.

Kev

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18
However, i do believe by their secrecy over the past century, that what they do know, is so lacking compared to what we think they know, that the reason they are yet to declassify all that is known, is simply that they themselves are still trying to figure out the truth of the matter - are these aliens, all the different types, friend or foe.

One things for sure, they know something.
As far as classifying between malevolent and benevolent species, that would be virtually impossible. Beings with negative intentions have the ability to masquerade as positive types. It only adds to more deception.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

One things for sure, they know something.
As far as classifying between malevolent and benevolent species, that would be virtually impossible. Beings with negative intentions have the ability to masquerade as positive types. It only adds to more deception.

As does making up fictional back stories about hypothetical "beings".

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

What seems interesting to me is how little the trickster aspect is discussed. They aliens are always portrayed as good and peaceful, or dark beings that do nothing but abduct for experimentation and making hybrids.

It always seems no one ever wants to even discuss or consider the trickster aspect. Makes me really want to start a webcomic about aliens trolling humanity throughout history til today, there's so much to work with.

I mean yeah the trickster stuff could be pure sinister motivation done to fool and muddy the waters, but honestly in my opinion, it feels quite often like sometimes they're just trolling us cause they find it #ing funny.

But having a warped sense of humor and doing crazy ass petty trolling and pranking isn't considered a superior intellectual trait so obviously ET must not honestly sink to such lows. Such bullcrap is clearly only a human failing. *rolls eyes*

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think we should all be prepared for a rude awakening, or if we are lucky ET will show up when we are blowing ourselves to kingdom come.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

No so fictional to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18

I tend to agree with your point of view in relation to Government (any) knowing very much about, (or being in collision with), Extra Terrestrails.

If one accepts the view that they have, in their possession, a craft and/ or bodies (and I do), that have originated from elsewhere in the Solar System or Galaxy (or another Galaxy, for that matter), it no way implies that they know, nor can necessarily work out where these things have come from. Further, it in no way imparts knowledge of intent nor agenda. The most reasonable conclusion to me would be exploration and discovery- but I am by no means any type of Sociologist; and as to the where froms?, well, for me I wouldn't even know a logical place to start to figure this out.

Further, I have read the stories and accounts of those who swear to Human/ Alien Treaties exchanges of people for technology etc. and I've also read stories about jointly run Human/ E.T. facilities- your own Pine Gap (Aus.) and, of course, Dulce Base (U.S.A.) are amongst those alleged to be so. These are entertaining to watch/ read...but, I don't know, they are just so fantastical. They may indeed be true. I have no way of disprovong them but I certainly hope they're not, as what is supposed to be going on in these places- inhuman experiments of hybridisation and biological study on humans that would seem more at home with Mengele and Nazi Germany than with modern First World Governments- even with the knowledge of the '50's? '60's "experiments" of the United States authorities on it's own populous/ military personnel.

AboveopSecret is the first site that I found that introduced me to ideas of Intergalactic Federations and Forum Members who either actually believes, or know a "someone" in an authority- be it Government Department, Alphabet Agency, Military Division who says,- that we are "being monitored for membership", "overseen for potection" etc. These are fun to read, intresting to watch the to/fro of the members, as the testimonials are being debated/ discussed; but I am far from convinced. They may be above board- I certainly would never call a man mislead over this as I have no knowledge about such things, either one way nor the other- but I really do not think so, in all reason.

Seeker7

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

What seems interesting to me is how little the trickster aspect is discussed. They aliens are always portrayed as good and peaceful, or dark beings that do nothing but abduct for experimentation and making hybrids.

It always seems no one ever wants to even discuss or consider the trickster aspect. Makes me really want to start a webcomic about aliens trolling humanity throughout history til today, there's so much to work with.

I mean yeah the trickster stuff could be pure sinister motivation done to fool and muddy the waters, but honestly in my opinion, it feels quite often like sometimes they're just trolling us cause they find it #ing funny.

But having a warped sense of humor and doing crazy ass petty trolling and pranking isn't considered a superior intellectual trait so obviously ET must not honestly sink to such lows. Such bullcrap is clearly only a human failing. *rolls eyes*

Actually the trickster DOES do all that bullcrap.

Now you are right, it does look like humans are responsible for
much of the nonsense.. and that's because the trickster
'whispers in the ear of the unconscious mind of all humans'
and humans don't have much in the way of free will;

nearly everyone obeys the trickster aspect out of ignorance..
the only ones who have a certain measure of freedom from
this, are those who know the trickster so well, from birth
generally, that they collaborate knowingly and willingly.

How do you know about the trickster? IM me if you want..
don't want to derail the post.

Kev

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

sounds familiar

Arthur looked lost.

"It's amazing," he said and frowned at one of the other
mattresses.

"Unfortunately I got stuck on the Earth for rather longer than I
intended," said Ford. "I came for a week and got stuck for
fifteen years."

"But how did you get there in the first place then?"

"Easy, I got a lift with a teaser."

"A teaser?"

"Yeah."

"Er, what is ..."

"A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They
cruise around looking for planets which haven't made interstellar
contact yet and buzz them."

"Buzz them?" Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making
life difficult for him.

"Yeah", said Ford, "they buzz them. They find some isolated spot
with very few people around, then land right by some poor soul
whom no one's ever going to believe and then strut up and down in
front of him wearing silly antennae on their heads and making
beep beep noises. Rather childish really." Ford leant back on the
mattress with his hands behind his head and looked infuriatingly
pleased with himself.

Douglas Adams - the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

funbox

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
If you wanna add to the conspiracy, you can say the infiltration of governments could be to start wars and start a "nuclear winter", possibly terraforming the planet for a more hospitable environment.

The disarmament of nuclear misses in the 70's could merely be because all elements of their plans were not quite complete. This is not my own opinion but a different viewpoint for the extremists.

If I was planning to take over something I would rather they destroy themselves than waste limited resources

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I think the trickster aspects of ET go a long way towards explaining why nobody knows anything. So seems pretty on topic to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

I love, love, love that book.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I think the trickster aspects of ET go a long way towards explaining why nobody knows anything. So seems pretty on topic to me.

Well I get accused of derailing threads
sometimes.

Yes, the 'trickster' is the same phenonemon behind
both 'UFOs' and the 'paranormal'; and even
explains the fall of human civilization.

Its the 'secret of secrets'.

Kev

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yes if there was ever an actual physical
incarnation it was Douglass Adams.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Friend or foe, how do we tell? From what I gather there are many out there like us. And some totally different. There agendas may vary by group, or individuals within a faction. Its mind boggling really. With all of the space out there, we were never alone. My belief is that each individual is different, even within a peaceful/negative group. We are being prepped for contact soon though. My guess is that they are tired of waiting on us to grow up. We need some guidance on this planet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join