It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Anouncement Today; re: T-X, LRS-B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It is 2:30 AM where I am located currently and yet I just got word that tomorrow (actually later today) the Air Force will be releasing its specific requirements for the T-X trainer everyone's been talking about. And our speculation that certain hopefuls will be automatically disqualified based on these requirements seems correct. Two of our beloved contractors will soon find that their current proposals won't meet the new requirements set fourth later today. NG however seemed to pick up on this early....didn't they. Makes you wonder.

The USAF is undergoing it's annual Air Force Association Winter Conference down in Orlando. Stay tuned for news: www.afa.org...

We also think, as a finale, major notes on the LRS-b will be discussed. I wanted to point you all in the right direction. I've got some ears down there and if I hear anything you all' be the first to know. 11am Gen. Welsh and Gen. Hawk will speak and their remarks will be interesting indeed. Both of these fellas oversee LRS-b procurement, one being a Chief and Gen. Hawk coming right out of our favorite TES squadron is the highest ranking expert on black projects and is probably overseeing the testing of the bomber.

If you pick up on anything post it here and let's see if we can piece the puzzle together.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Weird it says you posted at 2 a reply to: aholic

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

Excellent information, please keep us posted. It's been a long time in the making.
edit on 13-2-2015 by TAGBOARD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'll be surprised if they release today. Yesterday at the symposium roundtable they said they were still weeks away from completing the requirements for it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Props to aholic. AFA Twitter Feed: "Air Force has finalized requirements for the T-X, will share shortly with industry."

AFA Twitter Feed
edit on 13-2-2015 by TAGBOARD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TAGBOARD

Did you read it though? It's the same thing that I said. It's not coming today, it's coming in "weeks".

ORLANDO, Fla. — The requirements for the US Air Force's next-generation trainer will be released within "weeks," the service's top training official said on Thursday, while dropping hints about what those may look like.

"We're pretty close to having it done," Gen. Robin Rand, head of Air Education and Training Command (AETC), told reporters at this week's Air Force Association Air Warfare Symposium in Orlando.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The A-10 follow on should get us all talking though, should it not?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The requirements won't be released until the end of the month.

Air force officials have finalised the requirements for the T-X, which will replace the Northrop Grumman T-38 Talon, which fighter and bomber pilots fly in preparation for helming combat aircraft. Plans are to deliver the requirements to industry by the end of the month, service secretary Deborah Lee James said 13 February at the Air Force Association’s annual conference in Orlando, Florida.

At that time, the air force will consider the requirements final, James says. A request for proposals is expected in late fiscal year 2016. The proposals will then be the first of four programmes to undergo a cost-capability analysis (CCA) to find areas where the air force can shave requirements to save on cost.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That's in the very early stages though. I'd be surprised if it goes beyond paper.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Just to be clear, my tip was correct. The requirements have been settled on as was announced at the AWS. I'm sure we were all hoping for the details. I'm compiling transcripts right now, but a LOT of very great hints on the LRS program too.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm kind of glad for LM's sake that nothing about the T-X was announced at the Symposium. Right as you walked into the expo/vendor hall, there was a giant exhibit for the T-50 front and center, complete with large models and a flight simulator.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Good point. I was trying to support what aholic stated, which was that T-X was being discussed today at AFA. That was good information that could be confirmed by an independent source.

Unfortunately, like you said, the requirements are not here yet.
edit on 13-2-2015 by TAGBOARD because: Intended to say "T-X", not "F/A-XX".

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TAGBOARD

F-X comments

The Air Force is intending to follow a methodical path of risk reduction, Carlisle said. He suggested this harkened back to earlier days in developing aircraft decades ago. With the F-35 and F-22, new technologies were required during development, driving up cost and delaying introduction into service.

Carlisle said the Air Force intends to include as much prototyping, technology demonstration and systems engineering work as possible leading up to a program of record. He spoke with reporters at a Feb. 12 roundtable at the Air Force Association’s Air Warfare Symposium here.

The service is returning to what Carlisle describes as its roots as it plots a path ahead to a sixth-generation strike capability. He and other Air Force leaders emphasize that the 6th-generation system is not just an aircraft. They describe a sweeping review of a system of systems to include a comprehensive look at communications, capabilities from space, standoff and stand in options under the umbrella of Air Superiority 2030.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: aholic

Just to be clear, my tip was correct. The requirements have been settled on as was announced at the AWS. I'm sure we were all hoping for the details. I'm compiling transcripts right now, but a LOT of very great hints on the LRS program too.

Was your "tip" Janes? Considering they ran the exact story saying everything you stated in the op a day before you posted the op...

www.janes.com...

Just curious...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
One can only wonder what announcments will be made in the near future in the US aircraft arena. On things that have been flying for decades already... yet will be seen as cutting edge. But are NOT.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Why launching the T/x now ?, USAF have a lot on the drawing board, LRS-B , futur fighter its a big challenge with the tight budget.
edit on 15-2-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Because they don't have a decent lead in trainer or aggressor for fifth gen pilots.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

It wasn't no. The notes for the day were released early, a few publications had them. My contact was someone who had interfaced with a general the day prior.

top topics

join