It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The church has stolen your identity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Colossians 1
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Paul says that Jesus is the head of the church or body, this doesn't mean what most Christians believe it means, it has been purposely misinterpreted by the church and force-fed to believers as the "true" interpretation.

What is the church? The body of Christ as Paul says in the above passage. What else does Paul say about the body?

1 Corinthians 10
17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

We who are many share the one loaf of bread who is Jesus Christ. Jesus calls himself the "bread of life" in John 6:35. If we are one body (which is called the loaf) and Jesus is the bread of life, wouldn't that mean that we are the bread of life since we all share the bread amongst one another?

Jesus hints at this in one of his prayers.

John 17
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Us being one as Jesus is one is a reference to the one loaf that we all share. Jesus prayed that we would be given the glory that he was given, and that glory is that we may realize that we are all One, so that we can come to complete unity. Jesus is putting himself on equal ground with everyone here.

If Jesus is the head of the body then how can he be the body as well? Is Jesus the church or the head of the church? This seems to be a contradiction on the part of Paul. Jesus called himself the body or "bread of life", not the head of the body.

BUT... Paul's words do have truth in them nonetheless, it is not a contradiction after all.

Jesus is the image of God. Where does the image you see reside? Within your brain or head. Jesus is the head of the body in the same way that your image is located within your head. The head is what controls the body, you are the head of the church or body.

Your body does not end at your fingers and toes though, it extends across the entire YOUniverse. The universe is your body, it is the "temple" that God's Spirit resides within. You reside within the universe, not your body but YOU, the part that animates the body (the head or "image" of life).

The church has purposely misinterpreted this scripture. Why? To take power away from us and to put it in their own hands. If Jesus is the head of the church then how could they be lying? Jesus controls them remember, he is their "head".

The fact is, YOU are the head of the body or church. Your brain controls your body, your body is the church, you are the head of the body. Sorry for the repetition, just trying to get the point across.

To reinforce this line of thinking, I will quote Paul once again.

Romans 1
20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

What are God's invisible qualities? The qualities of the "head" of the body, a.k.a. YOUR thoughts, dreams, hopes, emotions, memories, etc.

Those things are invisible, yet when you think of them they are "clearly seen" by you. Say you think of a pink car, that image in your head is an invisible quality of God. You cannot point it out to anyone, but you yourself can see it clearly. What has been made and understood? Your invisible qualities.

Jesus is a symbol for what WE are, the image of God. You see an image of light as you read this, that image is what the bible refers to as "Jesus". It is the "head" of your body, it is what sees and controls the body or "church".

We who are many are ONE. That ONE is the ONE true God, the light of life, consciousness/awareness.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus broke the bread saying, "this is my body". By eating the bread,the bread becomes one with us as we metabolize its energy. Jesus (the bread of life) offered Himself to us so that we may become His body.

Collectively, the body and head are Christ. Separately, there is Christ as head, and Church as body, but the body is nothimg without the head.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So the Eucharist is LITERALLY Jesus' body and eating it means a piece of bread makes you one with Jesus...

No, a piece of bread grown a few weeks ago is not literally Jesus' body. Or is the church LITERALLY a piece of bread?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The practice of eating the bread expresses the spiritual unity. Its a teaching tool.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

What does it teach you? That eating bread makes you one with Jesus? I ate a ham and turkey sandwich for lunch today, does that mean I'm one with Jesus now? Or does it have to be handed to you by a priest for it to be "official"?
edit on 2/13/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Eating is generally a non-meritorious practice, and as comforting as it can be, it is also necessary for life. Eating represents faith, which both comforts and is required for spiritual life. The bread represents Christ as the Bread of Life. When you eat the bread, you are supposed to eat with the understanding that faith in Chirst places you in union with Him.

Its the same as eating the lamb at Passover. The sacrificed lamb represents Christ as our atoning sacrifice, and by eating, you express faith. With faith, you absorb or eat the idea.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Don't cannibals eat their victims to become one with them in a similar sense?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I think this may be what you're referring to.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Rather than try to explain why I feel your interpretation is wrong based upon my own personal beliefs and teachings, I will leave you with this. The bible is open to a verity of interpretations and yours is just as valid as others as long as it is based on some sort of actual research. Merely reading the passages and saying "this is what they meant" without putting them into context in terms of the time period they were written, and the author(s') relationship to the religion doesn't give you much footing. Id say you need to read over the last supper a few times and possibly dissect some views of religious scholars that have spent lifetimes studying the subject. We should all strive to be godly but not God.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Paul was a gnostic, and he is saying your Body is the Church/Temple and Christ and Higher Mind, should be its head.

It's also not about cannabilism or eating the real flesh and blood of a person.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

Here in this link it speaks about Melchizedek and the bread and the wine, and relates this to the eucharist, saying that this is seen as a ritual, being invited to a higher order.

There are many layers on sharing the bread, to me the emphasis is on the word, "sharing", and equality, being mindful of others, in a ceremony.

Most people gather with others for spiritual understandings and sharings.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
*sigh* We are going to walk down this same road again?

Communion is symbolic just like baptism is symbolic. But it is meant to be a symbolic representation of the community of believers as one shared brotherhood with no boundaries. Unity as a people; not Unity as God.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How do you expect people to be in unity when your god separates us into heaven or hell? How is there unity when your god ordered the slaughter of people and separated a few tribes as his "chosen people" and alienated/killed anyone who disagreed? How is there any unity in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam who all worship the same god but fight amongst each other?

There is no unity in Christianity, the 20,000+ denominations speak volumes to that truth. "It's people, not God that separates", well why did god separate Israel from everyone else and why did he concoct a book that divides with the thousands of interpretations that are possible from it? Why couldn't god make the bible able to be interpreted in one way instead of thousands? That would have gone a long way to creating unity within the Christian community, but as we have it today, it is the most fractured community around.

No, the bible or its god does not bring unity, it brings discord and confusion. Look at the thousands of interpretations that can be gleaned from its words. Again, there is no unity in the bible, none at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Matthew 5
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

"You have heard that it was said"... "but I say"...

But wait, if Jesus was Yahweh then he IS the one who said an eye for an eye. Why does he seem to alienate himself from the teachings of the OT? God doesn't change right? So why is he changing right here? Because he is not the one who separated Israel from everyone else. If Yahweh wanted unity he wouldn't have made Israel his "chosen people", he wouldn't have chosen a people that he KNEW would go against his wishes.

Jesus teaches unity, Yahweh teaches division. That's why Jesus taught against an eye for an eye, he didn't agree with Yahweh and what he taught.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yes you and me and they are made in the image of God. The image is seen in the mirror when the veil is removed, the veil of death is the religious mind or carnal mind that is at enmity with God, that is what separates our unity with God. so when you say our head is the head, I disagree. The mind of Christ or the Head is very different from the human natural mind.

But otherwise I agree yes. You are right on.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

What is different between the image and the head?

If Jesus is the head and the image (as stated by Paul) and our image is created within our head (brain) then the image we see IS the head in my opinion. The head contains the invisible qualities of God, the head and image are one in the same in my opinion.

Thanks for chiming in. I always enjoy reading your views, they're very close to my own.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Sorry lost my train of thought. He is the exact image, the firstborn son. The protokotos. We are being transformed into the exact same image from glory to glory. That happens as the veil is removed. When we see past our carnal mind then we will see that we are body and the head. Hebrews speaks of entering through the veil of flesh, this is the mind of flesh or carnal mind. Aka the veil between the Holy of Holies and the inner court. This is the veil of death that is cast over all people.

2 Cor 3:18
And we all with unveiled faces are reflecting the glory of the Lord as in a mirror and being transformed into that exact same image from glory to glory.

The image that we see in the mirror is an enigma, (the enigma of the sphinx.) "For now we see through a glass darkly ---> this is literally "in a mirror an enigma".

1 Cor 13:12
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

The enigma of the sphinx, a sphinx is a cherubim, the cherubim were woven into the veil that separated the Holy of Holies from the Inner Court. That is the veil that tore when Jesus died. His flesh tore at the same time as the cherub veil. He became the life giving Spirit by entering the Holy of Holies, through the veil of flesh. This is the same pattern as us. We are to walk through the veil of flesh, which is the carnal mind, aka the natural mind. The mind of man, the mind of the beast or Adam aka Lucifer the one who shook nations.

My point is there are two images, the one of dust/adam or the one of heaven/christ (1 Cor 15). The one of dust is the one we see with natural eyes. That is the old dead body, not the new body. Its the fertilizer so to speak in the garden of life. The new body is the bride, or unified souls with the head which is the image of heaven. We are the head and body the mystery of the ages when we see past the natural man. Our own ego.

Sorry thats probably as clear as mud

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

I see the perfection of the physical world (ignoring human affairs) as a mirror image of the perfection that lies within us.

I see it like a graphics card in a computer, the more detailed the graphics are, the more powerful the card has to be. If the graphics are a perfect representation of the real world you have to have a graphics card to match it. Our brains are the graphics cards and it matches the perfection of the physical world we see around us.

Lifting the veil is to rid yourself of the carnal or religious mind as you say, and it can be done within this lifetime, all it takes is a bit of introspection.

Heaven is within, the kingdom of heaven is without. Both are perfect representations of each other, mirror images of one another.

I see the "two images" as being one in the same, but one comes with ignorance, the other with understanding. Those who do not understand are of one image, those who do understand are part of the "other". The only difference is the cognitive abilities of the observer.

Jesus is the image and only begotten Son of God, only begotten means there is only one image, though perception of that image may change the clarity of it cognitively.

It's like one person looking at the moon with sunglasses on and another without sunglasses. They both see the same moon or image but one sees it a little more clearly than the other. The one with sunglasses on does not understand while the other does understand. Paul says he sees the mirror "dimly", that's because he is promoting the carnal mind opposed to the godly one. He's a sunglasses salesman.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.

And no, your post wasn't "clear is mud", I get what you're saying I just happen to disagree. Nothing wrong with that though, everyone sees things a little differently.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ketsuko

How do you expect people to be in unity when your god separates us into heaven or hell? How is there unity when your god ordered the slaughter of people and separated a few tribes as his "chosen people" and alienated/killed anyone who disagreed? How is there any unity in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam who all worship the same god but fight amongst each other?

There is no unity in Christianity, the 20,000+ denominations speak volumes to that truth. "It's people, not God that separates", well why did god separate Israel from everyone else and why did he concoct a book that divides with the thousands of interpretations that are possible from it? Why couldn't god make the bible able to be interpreted in one way instead of thousands? That would have gone a long way to creating unity within the Christian community, but as we have it today, it is the most fractured community around.

No, the bible or its god does not bring unity, it brings discord and confusion. Look at the thousands of interpretations that can be gleaned from its words. Again, there is no unity in the bible, none at all.

Why do you insist on starting these confrontations? It seems that the very presence of Christianity somehow causes some knee-jerk antagonistic reaction in your soul. All we are here to do is bare witness to the truth, that the salvation for sinners is by faith in Christ.
Maybe you will appreciate that when we are gone.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I am just passionate about the truth. I do not see mainstream Christian beliefs as truth. I don't see how stating the truth (that Christianity divides) is being antagonistic. Maybe you see it as antagonistic, I see it as me stating my personal views.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

But didnt Jesus make it clear that He came to divide? Those who believe in Him are unified in Him, and the rest are chaff by their own will.

The bible is unified and there is one clear interpretation. The more you let God teach you, the clearer you see it, but anything done by man will inevitably result in schism...is that not our nature?

I am equally passionate about the truth as well. I once saw the world from your eye (according to the vision that you have revealed on ATS). But, yet here I am...a "fundy", perhaps you would profit by seeing through our eyes...that is if you can come down to our level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join