It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little ink and lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've been very fortunate in one aspect of my job, which would be a considerable amount of free time waiting for others. During this free time I often spend it browsing ATS, watching movies and doodling. This post, of course, is in regards to my doodles. if that is what you want to call them. I often get lost in my drawings and find myself not finishing them for the mere fact that I don't want them to end. Something about art is therapeutic that's for sure. Anyway, here are my doodles. what do you think?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You are an amazing artist thankyou for sharing these! S + F I love the fourth one, so much intricacy

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Thank you I appreciate it!... that one was done with just a regular old bic ball point pen in black. I'm thinking about posting some more I just need the time put them on the computer and then go through the embedding hassle

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: celtmason26

The first one reminded me of the Voynich manuscript.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I can definitely see that! I have to admit, I imagined them all up which begs the question... did the author of that manuscript do the same thing? Doubtful but hey If I can do it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wow! So detailed! Especially love the flowers and bird!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Don't demean your art by calling it "doodles."
Invent a definition for it. Leisure art? Pasttime art?
Any name but not "doodles."

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I guess I touched a nerve... got any criticisms based on my actual "art" and not my choice in wording?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Its strange looking at my own work on here.

In fact, every piece I uploaded almost seems to me as if it is done by separate people. Anyone else see that or is it just me?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I also think doodles is a bit of an understatement...really nice art!!

I personally like the pen the most. I already ripped it from the background and made you an avatar because quality drawings like these deserve exposure..

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I truly appreciate that. I guess I just called them that because of the way in which I go about creating them. Its a semi-mindless act while I'm doing other things. But I see what both of you mean. Calling them doodles is a little childish huh? I'll have to get the avatar up as soon as I get the chance. thanks again.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: celtmason26
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Its a semi-mindless act while I'm doing other things.

I do believe that is the best mindset for creating great things...

Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things.
-Ray Bradbury-

Peace

top topics

join