It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars was ‘destroyed by nuclear attack’, says physicist – and we could be next

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Me too. That would be bad.

Its set up likened to dominoes falling, mutually assured destruction may be a possible future.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

In 4th grade we had duck and cover drills.
And, if you notice, we're still here. MAD sort of worked, in an insane way.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In 4th grade we had duck and cover drills.

And, if you notice, we're still here. MAD sort of worked, in an insane way.

I had those same drills but they werent for nuclear disaster they were for earthquakes and any sort of disaster that may come along. Most likely the same drill but changed to strike less fear into the kids.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Great thread Olaru!

I do also support this is the possible cause of extinction of live on Mars,although Venus may also hold relevance,kind of like the Velikovsky hypothesis of electrical arching from planetary bodies,which Mars (as well as other planets) have evidential scars of,I am a wee bit rusty on Velikovsky,but I would recommend looking into Him.

Although people may say it is speculation to entertain this notion,I find it equally speculative to suggest otherwise,also considering every area of study has committed fraud!! So are proven to be unreliable, the pieces are there to be found saying that.

The Sumeriens believed there to also be a planet called Tiamat which Sitchin claimed collided with Nibiru.I am of the train of thought that this planet was also quite possibly destroyed (not completely) by weapons beyond human comprehension.The asteroid belt is the remnant of this (as seems the Earth is too) of which these asteroids contain tell tale volcanic marks which can only form on planets.

There is definitely something to this it is clear to see if you leave conditioning behind!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Relevant book for those interested:

Death on Mars Book

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Beat you to this topic by a couple of months.

It was already discussed a in December.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If been saying this for years.
I also am a physicist. I studied astrophysics and nucleur physics.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
earthweareone.com...

A respected physicist and author, John Brandenberg, has claimed that intelligent life once flourished on Mars – but was annihilated by a nuclear attack so intense it left the planet cold and lifeless.

The author has urged that a human mission to the planet be mounted immediately – in case we are in danger from the attackers who ‘killed’ Mars.

Brandenberg said that many of the nuclear isotopes in Mars’s atmosphere ‘resemble those from hydrogen bombs on Earth’ and hypotheses in a new book, ‘Death on Mars’, that a humanoid race once lived there but was wiped out.

This seems a bit far fetched. I would like to see Mr. Brandenbergs data.

It is far-fetched. Brandenburg doesn't actually make that claim. link

Harte
edit on 2/13/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well its a somewhat interesting theory.

If there is any inkling of truth in it. Well you know # happens. That should be on a bumper sticker for the next mars rover mission.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12Hi, a thought just struck me, if a nuclear war did in fact cause mars to lose its atmosphere-how much heat-ie multiple strikes at the same time and point would it take to ignite mars atmosphere and boil it off and the water from mars seas with it, Hmm, maybe not possible but its a thought, after all we don't know what the capability of their weapons were-if in fact there was a war and how can it be proved one way or the other, how about some of you scientists helping out here with some data, Fantastic article S&F

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
From Mars to Earth and back..!
They do not call Mars the god of war for nothing, my intuition
tells me that we blew up Mars a while back,which we conveniently
cannot remember, now that we are once more capable of destroying
ourselves we are looking to Mars thinking it could be plan B having
forgotten that earth was plan B.. Humans are great at forgetting,
which explains why we are where we are at and why even optimists
sooner or later turn pessimistic after a lifetime in this realm.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I take Joseph Farrell's views on what happened to Mars. Similar, but without the 'nuclear' aspect. Instead, something much, much, much more powerful, a weapon (technology) that was/is the product of an ancient (lost) physics.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
BIG claims require evidence and there isn't any.

Pure speculation.

Here's some evidence. The face on mars was probably destroyed by a nuke. I found this on a thread on ATS. Check it out.....

originally posted by: mikesingh
Now why have I put this in the Skunk Works forum? Because the notion is as bizarre as it comes! Rather outlandish, to say the least!

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

SkepticOverlord

Having said that, was the face on Mars destroyed on purpose? One of my friends, a high ranking air force officer who pretty much is into Mars mysteries has suggested that the face on Mars was probably destroyed partially in a not so successful attempt by NASA to obliterate any pointers to a civilization on Mars that may have existed in the distant past.

So after a little analysis, here’s what comes up. Have a look at what the face was when it was photographed by Viking in 1976 and the latest images taken by Mars Express.

This is the Viking image..

Courtesy: scitech

And this is the image taken by the Mars Express..

One can keep arguing that Viking’s resolution was nowhere compared to that of the later probes and thus the geological formation looked like a face due to the light and shadow effect.

Now notice the caving-in of the face on the right side. Was it produced by tectonic/volcanic activity? Or was it the result of an attempt to destroy it which only succeeded to some extent? If it was tectonic activity, why was only one side of the face destroyed leaving the other side intact? The height, slope, and geological makeup of both sides are similar. But only one side that shows a pronounced land slip as can be seen in the image below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d6c2d7d4339.jpg[/atsimg]
Pic courtesy: NASA/JPL

And now for the corrected image. If that portion of the land slip is pushed up to where it should have been prior to the slip, this is what turns up…

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ad25f4f01f6.jpg[/atsimg]

Reconstructed, the mesa looks like it probably was a face once upon a time or when the Viking took the photograph!

Was it partially destroyed by a high altitude nuclear device aboard the Mars Observer? Launched by NASA in September 25, 1992 it was to be the first U.S. spacecraft to study Mars since the Viking missions 18 years prior. So they say. Or was it sent for the specific mission for destroying the face? Contact with the spacecraft was lost three days before scheduled orbit insertion and was never re-established. Well, this is what they said happened!

It was speculated that there may have been an explosion in a propellant line during pressurization procedures just before the orbital insertion engine burn. It is believed that hypergolic fuel may have leaked past valves in the system during cruise to Mars, allowing the fuel and oxidizer to combine prematurely before reaching the combustion chamber. The engine was derived from that of an Earth orbital satellite and was not designed to lie dormant for months before being fired.

Now was this massive explosion of the highly volatile hypergolic fuel on board done on purpose to destroy the face? Or could there have been a secret payload of a low yield nuke device on board too? (The pressure wave from a sub kiloton nuclear device at medium altitude could have resulted in the land slide.)

After all, consider the effect of the discovery of a civilization on another planetary body! It would have resulted in far reaching implications – the demise of religion, loss of Vatican power, world economic melt down, panic and the understanding of the origins of life and mainstream science as we know it! So was there too much at stake? The only alternative was to destroy any evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life and thus the destruction of the face which was difficult to keep under wraps for too long!

Crazy? But that’s why it’s in the Skunk Works forum! But hey! Do we know everything that’s going on? There’s probably an ongoing top secret military space program in operation since the 60s.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So it may not be ancient history after all. It could have happened recently!

edit on 13-2-2015 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Big claims sells books to fools..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
More i look at the planet Mars. Thus more i get the sensation that something bad happened to that planet. I believe i'm not alone about that kind of sensation.

So, my gut tells me this.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Massive nuclear detonations would leave a lot of glass around, like Trinitite, also known as atomsite or Alamogordo glass, that we know from our early surface atomic testing. I don't think that anything like this has been found yet by the rovers.

One seemingly odd thing about Mars, is that craters are not uniformly distributed. Certain areas have heavy cratering and many hardly any. Science says that this is probably due to lava fields renewing parts of the surface. It must have been extremely volcanic at one time to cause such disparity.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The burden of proof is always on the claimant. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Life on Mars was not destroyed. There are still people living there, underground and on higher planes mostly.

There was no attack.

However, something DID happen, that shook the whole inner solar system - a planet exploded, supposedly because of a nuclear war that caused pressure to build inside the planet that some sources have called "Mallona" (actually two completely different, separate sources that couldn't have known of each other - which astonished me a bit).

It's the Terran ape-mindset that ALWAYS wants to imagine everything through an AGGRESSIVE filter.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

It was Immanuel Velikovsky who had an interesting theory on Mars and the workings of our Solar system that may be fantasy but is an interesting thing to ponder.

skepdic.com...

A possible exploding planet of which the Asteroid belt would be the result. And it does look like the Asteroid belt would be hard to create based on our understanding of how planets form in a proto-solar system unless it had the help of either an explosion of an existing planet or some mechanism heretofore unmentioned here to keep the pieces in such a similar orbit from coalescing into a big planet. Further, the fact that the asteroid belt sits about where the next planet might if it existed makes it more interesting to ponder IMHO.

I would agree if Phage says the whole thing is fantastic and not too believable. But if you were to put it out there like one of Sherlock Holmes' mysteries, you could say it is not off the table and "whatever has not been removed from the possibilities", all that remains when analyzing the clues "however extraordinary, must be the truth" kind of mentality.

edit on 14-2-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Could have just been a large asteroid that ended life on Mars. Or possibly many smaller ones that also make up the Asteroid belt.

There could have been a planet that once existed between Mars and Jupiter, which is now the Asteroid belt.

Personally I lean more towards that possibility than nuclear devastation. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join