It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars was ‘destroyed by nuclear attack’, says physicist – and we could be next

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Wasn't there a thread on this a while back or am I experiencing deja vu?

Yes but that was like six weeks ago

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist
a reply to: FyreByrd

The problem is that reality, unlike imagination, has limits. We can talk about tentacle dinosaurs with super powers laying waste to a martian world of elves filled with daffodil trees and cotton candy seas. While imaginiticve, it's no more supported in reality than any of the (admittedly more mundane) imagination being utilized by this author.

Your theory holds as much credence, imo.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't think he has any concrete data to support his theory.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Before Phage gets here to dispel any theoretical skylarking with irrefutable facts.....
What say that Mars could have been victim to some artificial planet KILLER...... What would that take the form of.....perhaps Jupiter came to the solar system hot....(in that it is nearly star mass.....)
Perhaps it singed Mars before losing its initial heat due to being slightly too small to keep burning as our twin star in this system...(a very common configuration that has been observed)........
Mars is a misshapened ball ....the one side very different to the other.....
A huge grand canyon (50 times our in size) gashes down one side of her, whilst the other retains a more uniform surface...
Thus perhaps she was hit with a very strong solar flare when our sol was younger and more active.......
This could also be the result of asteroid collision where the asteroid has been of sufficient size...even planet sized.....to distort what should be a rough sphere like our own.....
Electric arc may also have created that huge gouge in her side...ala electric universe theory....(I know I know)
Perhaps in the early solar configuration there existed one more planet which hit Mars and created the asteroid belt....a popular theory, seems to have found disfav0ur of late....

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why does it have be an alien nuclear attack, if this story has any truth they could have done to themselves.

and while we are speculating maybe the elites of mars escaped and came here , there are theories that some kind of nuclear event took place in india .

i don't know a crazy thought just occurred to me , maybe they did it here then went to mars and did it all over again

wild idea yes but just as wild as his theory based pictures and isotope samples without feet on the ground and a deep study .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So, 3 billion years ago, or when ever, Martians were wiped out, and what ever did it, all that time ago, is coming for us? three billion years, um, I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I think a better science fiction could be placed on mars.
Starting with mars at one time long ago being the habitation
of rebellious angels of the Lord. Mars being known as the planet
of war because of this. And it is where those angels gathered and
made war on Heaven.

The fiction may proceed introducing rebel angel after rebel angel
and their diverse beauty and mix of wickedness. Their plans and desires
and rape of earths women as they make war on Heaven, would entertain
with highlights that would include anthropomorphic special FX, that are
state of the art. Up until the planet is destroyed by God sending asteroids
that become hydrogen bombs as they crash into and mix with the atmosphere
of mars.

Or maybe this wouldn't be sci Fi at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So yeah, another thread exists... but it really comes down to what the guy actually wrote in the book as to whether the theory holds water.

The similar radioactivity to nukes is interesting... and my spotty memory says that it is real and a conundrum, but could be explained as natural if some hoops are jumped through... but he is knowledgeable ...or at least has some work published and impressive letters after his name... but he could be just as kooky as most of us here.

The real question is what exactly he wrote and whether it makes sense and is new info.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
See I would call that fantasy as opposed to imagination.

The difference being that the former is a concocted ubsurdity and the second being a plausible enhancement or advancement of what is already known.

Imagination is Jules Verne and "20 Thousand Leagues Beneath the Sea", Fantasy is Burrough's "John Carter of Mars".

There is a very real distinction between the two and it is well worth learning.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Wasn't there a thread on this a while back or am I experiencing deja vu?

Yes but that was like six weeks ago

Thanks for saving me the time, I knew this sounded very familiar.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

Boy! Have the flat-earthers reared from their dens on this issue.
They have no more facts on their side that those that suspect that Mars did support intelligent life at one time and destroyed their civilization themselves. One possibility as the late Tom van Flanderen the astronomer at the Naval Observatory in DC suggested is that a captured asteroid crashed into the planet creating Valles Marineris with such force that it killed the planet. Actually, the largest moon of Mars, Phobos, has several characteristics that indicate that it was moved into position and in a few million years it will fall into the planet. Flanderen was a maverick astronomer, but no fool.

Surely even the skeptic among you must acknowledge today that other life exists--why would all of our efforts be trying to prove a negative? Mars is more of a prime candidate today than it ever was...and given Nature time, could have had its own life. So referring to some of you as "flat-earthers" has some validity.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Interesting theory. As for us, the reset button is long overdue. The human race has become an embarrassing mess. Time to give something else a go.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I agree. You go first. And we'll all go next. I call your bluff. Lol

I really dont like this defeatist idea that humans should all die just because your not having a good time.

Anyways. Finding similar isotopes in the sun scorched atmosphere of mars would really be no surprise. You would find many radioactive particles as there is not enough atmosphere to deflect or absorb them.

a reply to: CallYourBluff

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

There are several problems with this.

One: someone who is, ostensibly a scientist, claiming humanoid life on mars (and the evidence is....??). This is a rather bizarre thing for a scientist to announce in the first place. If there were evidence that would be huge!

Two: The claim that Mars (and it's humanoid life) was destroyed by hydrogen bombs is another bizarre claim. I would like to see the isotopes he described, as well as any other data supporting the statement.

So we have a "scientist" who, supposedly, works according to the Scientific Method, making a couple of bizarre claims and does not accompany the announcement with his evidence?

Very suspicious.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Reminds me of a joke:

A preacher was giving his sermon and noticed a visitor new to the church.

At the end of the sermon, he asked the question: "Who wants to go to Heaven? Stand up!"

Well...everyone stood up except for the new gentleman. He looked around at those standing around him, but never made an attempt to stand up.

Thinking that the gentleman did not hear, or perhaps didnt understand he repeated the statement again.

Once again, the gentleman just sat there looking around curiously.

After the service was done, the preacher stood at the door shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries with the members as they left.

When the gentleman stepped up and shook hands, the preacher could not resist.

"I couldnt help but notice...it seemed as if you did not want to go to Heaven when you die. Why is that?"

To which the gentleman replied:

"Oh! When I die! I thought you were getting a group together to go now!"

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I agree. You go first. And we'll all go next. I call your bluff. Lol

I really dont like this defeatist idea that humans should all die just because your not having a good time.

Anyways. Finding similar isotopes in the sun scorched atmosphere of mars would really be no surprise. You would find many radioactive particles as there is not enough atmosphere to deflect or absorb them.

a reply to: CallYourBluff

I never said I wasn't having a good time. Far from it. I simply said the human race is an embarrassing mess. Which it is. Sorry to stamp on your attempt at humor.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Woodcarver

Reminds me of a joke:

A preacher was giving his sermon and noticed a visitor new to the church.

At the end of the sermon, he asked the question: "Who wants to go to Heaven? Stand up!"

Well...everyone stood up except for the new gentleman. He looked around at those standing around him, but never made an attempt to stand up.

Thinking that the gentleman did not hear, or perhaps didnt understand he repeated the statement again.

Once again, the gentleman just sat there looking around curiously.

After the service was done, the preacher stood at the door shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries with the members as they left.

When the gentleman stepped up and shook hands, the preacher could not resist.

"I couldnt help but notice...it seemed as if you did not want to go to Heaven when you die. Why is that?"

To which the gentleman replied:

"Oh! When I die! I thought you were getting a group together to go now!"

Is the Alzheimer's kicking in there old timer?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just remember that IF this is true...in billions of years time, they'll have evolved much more powerful weapons than nuclear.

They'll have Death stars at the minimum.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think we will destroy ourselves without any outside influence, long before we have a manned mission to Mars.

What if life on Mars destroyed their own planet, much the same way we're doing here on Earth?

What if they evacuated their doomed planet in search of a new world, like Earth.

If they're looking for whoever was responsible for destroying Mars, they probably don't have to look any further than right here at home.

It's probably the very same ones leading us down the path to self-destruction here on Earth. Dark incarnations.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I did a thread on what Mars looked like with water, and what I learned was that there was an event (like an asteroid impact) that robbed Mars of its magnetic field... and this caused the atmosphere to slide off into space. I wonder if a nuclear event could affect the magnetic field.

Mars doesn't have one at the moment, and scientists say it once did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join