It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Magnify a Magnetic Wave?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hello ATS....I'm not sure if this kind of question is allowed here on ATS but I have to ask. My question has to do with magnetism and levitation using magnets. I'm wondering if it's possible with two opposing magnets to manipulate either magnet to have a stronger "push" than the other. If it's possible, it would really come in handy for a passion project of mine. Thanks in advance, ATS

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Electro-magnets can be strengthened with increased amperages......

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yes if you use electromagnets.. Control the amount of electrons flowing through a wire and perpendicular to this you are controlling the magnetic field strength.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Hello ATS....I'm not sure if this kind of question is allowed here on ATS but I have to ask. My question has to do with magnetism and levitation using magnets. I'm wondering if it's possible with two opposing magnets to manipulate either magnet to have a stronger "push" than the other. If it's possible, it would really come in handy for a passion project of mine. Thanks in advance, ATS

Magnetic fields can be added together, or subtracted, but I don't think that is what you are posting about.

I don't know of any physical process that multiplies magnetic fields but if you are talking about oscillating magnetic fields, then there is a possibility of producing a resonant system which would accumulate magnetic fluctuations, producing higher amplitude outputs.

It works like this:
An input magnetic oscillation would induce a current in a conductor which in turn would induce a magnetic field oscillation. That 'back EMF' would add to an in-phase input magnetic field oscillation, boosting the combined output. This process would be iterative, building the output until physical limits are reached.

Check out Lenz's Law.

edit on 12/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You can just buy magnets from different grades, strength, size or by putting magnets together, they become 1 bigger magnet, it's 'field' becomes larger.
Check out Eric Laithwaite an Sandy Kidds experiments, maybe they can be a help to you.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thanks…I shall check it out.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Hm.m...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
www.leedskalnin.com...

read this

Cool read. Thanks, I will review this......

top topics

join