It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Hollywood Movie to Kill Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well this is a movie I will definitely not want to go see. On the heels of The Interview that was all hype no substance. On the heels of American Sniper. That was of quite a bit of controversy. I can only imagine the outrage Kingsman: The Secret Service will spawn. I wonder if they will shout racist! Well that would be hard since Samuel L. Jackson is in it. I do know that evil Dr. Murdoch will take quite a bite of heat, but that won't be anything new.

British action-adventure Kingsman: The Secret Service features Colin Firth as a dapper, tailored super spy, Samuel L. Jackson as an evil billionaire with a Russell Simmons lisp, and slick shenanigans that’d make James Bond jealous. It also boasts a controversial moment that rivals the explosive, hacker-baiting money shot that earned Sony’s The Interview the ire of North Korea.

Source

Now don't forget people if your going to express outrage. Game of Thrones with GWB's head on a pike. I can see the talk shows, and news outlets flipping their lids about this movie.

Funny that would be since how patriotic it was to go see The Interview. How it was all free speech this, freedom of expression that, but I do know the epic double standard this movie will put on display for the country, and the world to see.

If it was ok to kill the North Korean Leader, then it's ok to make this movie.

It is that fair share fare play in action.

I will say this Murdoch has pretty much pulled the pin from a grenade, and threw it in a room. As any good business man knows controvesry equals dollar signs.
edit on 12-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, Abraham Lincoln is now a vampire killer. Its make believe. It didnt really happen. "The Interview" didnt really happen.

People get so bent about other peoples imaginations.

edit on 12-2-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

From the link supplied above:

In a sequence that should get tongues wagging at distributor 20th Century Fox’s sister network Fox News (also owned by Rupert Murdoch), the cheeky comic book movie from Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn makes history—not for reinventing the spy genre, but for being the first major studio film to kill President Barack Obama.

cheers

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Here:

In a sequence that should get tongues wagging at distributor 20th Century Fox’s sister network Fox News (also owned by Rupert Murdoch), the cheeky comic book movie from Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn makes history—not for reinventing the spy genre, but for being the first major studio film to kill President Barack Obama.

And Here:

In the film’s climax, the colluding one-percenters get theirs when the good guys activate brain implants that cause their noggins to burst in dazzling explosions. The over-the-top sequence conjures Kim Jong Un’s lyrical, Katy Perry-themed death in The Interview in more than a few ways. And yes, even Barack goes boom

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think sometimes people read too much into entertainment movies.
The sniper one was based on a true story so that is different.

I will go and see this film. Appears to be a very British movie in my view.
Oh and If anyone does get upset about it killing BoB...it's a movie ffs.

Oh and everyone knows Murdoch is a lying hypocritical scumbag.
Especially in the UK after the phone hacking stuff.
edit on 12-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh and everyone knows Murdoch is a lying hypocritical scumbag. Especially in the UK after the phone hacking stuff.

And that makes him different than Obama how ?

Forget that guy named Snowden?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Neat. I'd watch it! It's just a flippin' movie after all.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Speaking of racism, an odd thing happened when I worked on one of Samuel L Jackson's movie's a few years ago.

We were filming on the front lawn of a house and I was about 50' from the camera where Mr. Jackson was doing his thing.

Suddenly he calls out in my direction, "Hey Greg, Hey Greg Norman" and he starts making like he's swinging a golf club and grinning broadly.

I looked behind me. Nobody there. I go "Who, me?", pointing at my chest and he nods. "Yeah you, Greg Norman, ha ha ha" he laughs and then turns back to the camera.

I never thought of myself as a Greg Norman look-a-like, but to Mr Jackson I was apparently a ringer.

I put it down to all _____ people looking alike.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Doesn't make him different then most politicians to be fair.
In my view the last great MP we had was Tony Benn.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Seems like Hollywood's trying to cash in on the anti-Obama crowd now. But even though I can't stand Obama and the rest of the politicians, this gimmick isn't getting my money.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Seems like Hollywood's trying to cash in on the anti-Obama crowd now. But even though I can't stand Obama and the rest of the politicians, this gimmick isn't getting my money.

The movie was made last year and is only now being released, but it does coincide with recent snubs made by Netanyahu towards Obama.

I wonder who financed the picture?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's only a movie.

Nothing more nothing less.
Take a break from being so upset about everything.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Didn't know that. And you're right, very interesting timing.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The MSM is going to extremes to prop up Obama's image.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The MSM is going to extremes to prop up Obama's image.

I can't wait til the The Interview of the Kingsman.

Zombie Kim, and Zombie Obama.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see the people who my be against this movie and yet, supported "The Interview".

Watching. . . .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
It'll be interesting to see the people who my be against this movie and yet, supported "The Interview".

Watching. . . .
I honestly doubt there will be many. Unlike North Korea, most Americans don't get their panties in a twist when a fictional depiction of their leader buys the farm.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Watching. . . .

In my opinion Seth Rogen is one of, if not, the most annoying actors in hollywood.

The movie "The Interview" would have lost money if it didn't have the publicity by way of N. Korea.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Agreed, he's talentless. If it wasn't for that setup the movie would've tanked, I think the studio knew that.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Watching. . . .

Ironically, to some, both pictures are from the same place.

Manufactured controversy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join