It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fukushima fallout in the PNW disguised as "milky rain" phenomena?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That story is rather new. Environmental authorities are saying they will be investigating on strange rain deposits, covering more or less everything, in a region of the Pacific northern West Coast, that have an all-too-familiar GREEN GLOW...

Tests planned on mysterious "milky rain" in the PNW

PORTLAND, Ore. - Scientists from two U.S. Pacific Northwest laboratories plan to conduct tests of unusual precipitation that fell across the region over the weekend in hopes of pinpointing the origins of so-called "milky rain" that has mystified residents, officials said on Wednesday.

Officials at both the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and the Benton Clean Air Agency, both in Washington state, said they had collected samples of the rain, which left a powdery residue on cars across a wide swath of the two states.

Scientists at the Richland lab said they believe the rain may have carried volcanic ash from an erupting volcano in Japan, while the clean air agency said its staffers believe dust from central Oregon was the culprit.

The National Weather Service has said it believes the powdery rain was most likely a byproduct of dust storms hundreds of miles away in Nevada, although it could not rule out volcanic ash from Japan as a possible culprit.

But the National Weather Service has also said it was not equipped to perform a chemical analysis of the rain that would be required to pinpoint its origins.

Wherever the milky precipitation came from, officials say they do not believe it poses any health risk. Air monitoring stations did not detect anything unusual while the rain was falling, said Robin Bresley Priddy, executive director of Benton Clean Air.

"We don't have any reason to think there's anything wrong, but there's no reason not to be cautious if you're concerned," she added. "You may want to wash it off your car with water, rather than with your hands, and avoid touching it and breathing it in."

The "experts" seem to really be playing dumb on that one, throwing in explanations like a recent "dust storm" or volcanic dust from Japan. So yep, it could be the dust from a Japanese volcano, but NOT the radioactive dust from Fukushima... suuuuure! I only presume that this would go into line with an implicit US State policy to outright deny any significant Fukushima fallout and its danger.

Also, since when does either a dust storm or volcanic dust produces such odd, greenish deposit? I'd like to have the opinion of anyone who has had dust storms in his-her area... if that's a common phenomena, why are the scientists puzzled about it? Doesn't make sense.

This could be as well industrial pollution, as I've been living in a town where a local factory had been causing this type of deposits all over the place, and it took YEARS for the sheeple to realize something nasty was going on, as a girl from my workplace did a good job exposing it in the local press.

Not saying that I'm convinced on what that is... it could also be some "acid dust residue" from the rising acid levels in the Pacific ocean, but even that would be quite worrying.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Radioactive rain from Japan wouldn't produce a milky white rain. Radioactive cesium is silvery metallic, not white in appearance. Iodine is metallic and silvery as well, or violet in a liquid solution. The rain would be clear as usual and only if the radio-isotope concentration was INCREDIBLY high (Think Chernobyl hours after the explosion high), would people begin to smell or taste a difference in the rain.

Couple that with the fact that most (if not all) of Fukushima's radiation isn't spewing out into the atmosphere anymore, and you've a got a debunk.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
OP watch some of these videos.

So no.

Look at the half life of the stuff it put out.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When an employee of a "Japanese Agricultural company" tells you you have nothing to worry about, DON'T believe them.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just thought I would also add that neither Uranium nor Plutonium glow in the dark. In fact, very few radioactive particles or compounds of particles actually glow. I think this misconception is mostly due to media, and cartoons (such as the Simpsons with it's infamous opening sequence containing glowing plutonium). There are compounds of radioactive substances that cause a glow, or glow directly, but they are uncommon. When Curie was first researching radiation, she noted that the radium she had managed to isolate had a glow. However, it wasn't the green glow most often attributed to radiation, but rather a lustrous blue/cyan glow. As it turns out, the compounds of radium which Marie Curie had in her vial, radium bromide and uranium chlorides had mild fluorescent properties, so when they were irradiated by the radium they contained, it actually caused the compounds to glow.

However, green glowing "Stuff" is actually more likely to be some bio-luminescent substance.
edit on 12-2-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Probably just desert sand.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
When an employee of a "Japanese Agricultural company" tells you you have nothing to worry about, DON'T believe them.
What have I said that is not true? Fukushima's radiation is leaking into the ocean, not into the atmosphere. And even IF radioactive rain was hitting the US west coast, it wouldn't be milky white. It would be clear. Couple that with multiple radiation detectors on the west coast not reporting any spikes in radioactivity, and there you have it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

that have an all-too-familiar GREEN GLOW...

Where does it say green glow?

Eta,

The surreal milky green water is a natural phenomenon caused by electromagnetic activity from the lightning hitting the waters surface. There was no rain where I was and not much wind either but in the distance the sky was charged and angry subjecting its wrath over the graveyard of dead trees in this normally very dry lakebed. I was able to capture a series of unique images this being one of the best. (Julie Fletcher/National Geographic Photo Contest) less

This is about the pic above the article, it has nothing to do with the story. Pay attention please.
edit on 12-2-2015 by InconspicuousWhistle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InconspicuousWhistle

that have an all-too-familiar GREEN GLOW...

Where does it say green glow?

Eta,

The surreal milky green water is a natural phenomenon caused by electromagnetic activity from the lightning hitting the waters surface. There was no rain where I was and not much wind either but in the distance the sky was charged and angry subjecting its wrath over the graveyard of dead trees in this normally very dry lakebed. I was able to capture a series of unique images this being one of the best. (Julie Fletcher/National Geographic Photo Contest) less

This is about the pic above the article, it has nothing to do with the story. Pay attention please.

Hum... That would explain the green tint of the waters on that picture, just as the thunder was hitting! Nice find.

Well I also thought that for such a fallout to be THAT visually obvious, you'd need massive amounts of nuclear fallout, that at that point is hardly possible.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Also, it's the blue flash you don't want to see, at least more so than any green glow. Radioactive stuff doesn't really glow green it just became associated with green glow (probably from green glow in the dark color added to radium paints for clocks and such, could've been any color, but they chose the brightest).

If there is a green glow, my guess would be it is some type of bio luminescent plankton or something picked out of the ocean that spooged down on everyone.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Also, it's the blue flash you don't want to see, at least more so than any green glow. Radioactive stuff doesn't really glow green it just became associated with green glow (probably from green glow in the dark color added to radium paints for clocks and such, could've been any color, but they chose the brightest).

If there is a green glow, my guess would be it is some type of bio luminescent plankton or something picked out of the ocean that spooged down on everyone.
Mmmm... Delicious cherenkov radiation....

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Here in Oregon, there was that milky rain, but none of it here glowed at all - neither blue nor green. Just what looked like a skim milk balloon had been burst on the car windshield. We had trace streaking, but we are pretty far south. Ironically, a few days prior, I had noticed a lot of cloud streaking and joked to my husband that they were hitting the chem trails early this year. Trust me when I say I have no desire to eat those particular words. I am now wondering how to get rain out of my garden before I put in my tomatoes.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Maybe Phytoplankton that came into clouds? I've heard stories about frogs and fish falling out of the skies?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Hisashi Ouchi was granted possibly the worst death in history by this. They basically made an unshielded reactor that reached criticality and let off blue bursts of cherenkov radiation.

I don't suggest looking up images of him still alive after his skin sloughed off and his chromosomes were scrambled making his blood unrecognizable as human (nods head yes - do it)

Tokaimura nuclear accident - wiki

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Very interesting read. What happened to Hitashi reminds me of the criticality incidents that took like the lives of Harry Daghlian and Louis Slotin in the early U.S. Nuclear program. What a horrific way to go.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In my studied opinion, the milky rain was due to the Jolly Green Giant having fun with Mother Nature after partying with Dionysus... but I'm just too lazy to do the research... citations and footnotes are a pain.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Evolving sporous life, using a neon trick, trying to one up the extinction kill now happening in the Pacific Northwest.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That sounds....sticky.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Another thing to add to this is that the "milky rain" stuff was found in Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon. Those of us who actually live here can tell you that the Eastern half of Washington is like being in an entirely different state (I believe the same is true in Oregon). We are literally cut in half by the Cascade Mountain range. If this had come from Japan, it would have had to skip Western Washington entirely and somehow make it over the mountains to Eastern Washington without spilling a drop on the Western side... which would be quite a feat for the more rainy Western Washington. To me, the dusty desert rain seems more plausible.

That and the fact that us Northwesterners are not dropping like flies from all the supposed Fukishima fallout.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
Evolving sporous life, using a neon trick, trying to one up the extinction kill now happening in the Pacific Northwest.

Like I said - we're not all dying from radiation poisoning here in the great Northwest.

I would suggest watching that first video that Boymonkey posted - hilarious and informative!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join