It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Historian Says U.S. Women Drive Because They Don't Care If They're Raped

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So much hatred in the world, mabey that's what is making it turn.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Driving is freedom.

Freedom to escape, freedom to expand the horizons of ones life, to be there for ones nearest and dearest, no matter how far they might be from you at the time. Autonomy.

If this historian really believes that women are in so much more danger of being raped in his country, that keeping ladies from driving is the only way to protect them, then does that not suggest that he has a very low opinion of his fellow countrymen?

Does that not also suggest that the answer ought to be to improve the attitudes of men in his nation, toward women?

His argument is SO terrible, that it beggars belief that he ever attained any position of note. Using reasoning skills such as those he expressed in the published, translated comments, he would get eaten alive if he tried to tout his angle here on ATS, that's for damned sure!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

>"They don't care if they are raped on the roadside, but we do," al-Saadoon said on Saudi Rotana Khalijiyya TV.

So why are you raping them? Uggghh.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But that is the different mindset. It isn't that men should work at controlling their lusts. It's that women are shameful for provoking them. This is where the honor killing mindset also springs from. She has brought shame upon her male relatives by being put in that kind of position, so they must remove the stain on the family honor, not be defending her, but by removing her often violently.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is no mere difference in mindset. Any approach that blames a woman for the weakness of a man, is delusion, not reason. There has never, and will never be a case of a woman being raped, where it was her fault, or her responsibility. Rape, by its very definition, is a one sided affair, with one willing participant. Consent is all. One cannot seriously consider driving a motor car to be tantamount to consent, not unless one wishes to be called a halfwit, and yet, this is what the man infers by his manner of thought on this issue.

I seriously wonder sometimes, whether the sort of blather that one hears from Saudi Arabia on matters such as these, are actual beliefs, or desperate veneers designed to flummox all reasonable argument for progress. After all, with "logic" such as that used by the gentleman in the article in the mix, there can be no logical debate or discussion. It is madness, folly, fallacy.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I wonder in reality which country has the higher rate of rape?
But it's ok if it the husband you've been forced to marry, or the woman is too scared to come forward in case she is the one that gets convicted.
Ignorant arseholes!!!!!!!

The US obviously. Women don't have the legal standing to claim rape in Saudi Arabia, that makes their rape rate 0% legally speaking.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: InTheLight
One of the things that really bugs me, is that I don't think this guy, and others like him, truly recognize that women are "human". I mean, they might recognize that women are "human", but are NOT QUITE as human as men. Or not AS HUMAN quite in the same way that men are. If that makes sense.

(I've known American men like that too, though.)

It absolutely burns me up!

It's actually just the opposite. They love their women and think they're precious. So valuable and so beautiful that they need to be hidden away and hoarded like a pile of treasure. You can't die in an accident if you're stuck at home, you're less likely to tempt someone if you're hidden under a pile of cloth, and so on.

In many ways it's not unlike the US and our freedoms in the face of an upcoming brutal police state and military buildup. They have to be protected by harsh methods.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Can someone explain what driving has to do with rape?

Their thought process is that it has to do with confining women. It's an extension of the idea that women shouldn't be out in public without a male guardian to protect them. Women who go out and drive on their own are foregoing the protection of males, and clearly don't mind the consequences.

Not that it's right, but that's how they view it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's actually just the opposite. They love their women and think they're precious. So valuable and so beautiful that they need to be hidden away and hoarded like a pile of treasure

Yes, this happens in the U.S. too.

And when the woman finally escapes she typically runs straight to the police, and the man is arrested and goes to jail for false imprisonment, or to a mental health facility for evaluation.

edit on 2/12/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You don't have to convince me. I'm just saying where it comes from is all. They are so beyond where we can even begin to discuss blaming the victim ...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ketsuko

This is no mere difference in mindset. Any approach that blames a woman for the weakness of a man, is delusion, not reason.

Religeon = Suspension of critical thinking

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
If this historian really believes that women are in so much more danger of being raped in his country, that keeping ladies from driving is the only way to protect them, then does that not suggest that he has a very low opinion of his fellow countrymen?

So many things to respond to, how I wish I had multiquote.

How often do the jailers ask if they're the reason their prisoners are in cells?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

They can, but since their testimony is legally only 1/3 the weight of a man's, he said/she said becomes he said/she lied. So unless she can find a man or three to stand on her behalf, and since the men in her family would rather she die than admit to the shame of not having defended her honor ... she's more or less screwed.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The middle east, and countries like the House of Saud is where the real war on women is.

They ain't ever going to change. That is the will of Allah.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Accidental double posts. Please delete
edit on 2122015 by JohnFisher because: accident double past

link   
Lol, holy cow, that sounds like something out of cracked.com.

link   
If a gay man calls a taxi, is he "allowed" to rape the driver?

If so, and this is completely unrelated, I promise, can we make the idiot who said that become a taxi driver?

Seriously, who the eff sees a woman driving and thinks "AHA! There's a vagina for my penis!", I mean... it doesn't make sense at all. What about flight attendants?

I'm just... ready to give up on society at the moment.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Well, that is an unhelpful generalisation I think.

Many scientists have faith as well as reason.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Who says the Time Machine is not real? Can't you see that this is a succesfull experiment?
Take some normal people,stick'em into the Tme Machine...voila, you've got the Saudis...
No really,is anyone taking these lunatics serious. Looks to me that even the moderator and the other arab guests are having the time of their lives.

I've laughed so hard listening to this dope. But unfortunatelly for some women this is the twisted reality they live in.....like the OP said. How i wish i could live this guy alone with my wife and a few of her friends. Better entertaining than the Superbowl, I tell you

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I don't want to hear any explanations or justifications for the Saudis.

Women do not need to be told their suppression is for their own good.
Women are not a commodity.
Women do not get raped for driving a car, it is the statement of a moron pig.

Please allah let their time or oppression be up soon, and please allah send them back to dwell in tents in the desert when their control of oil is done.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join