It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sending around 600 paratroopers to Ukraine to train troops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Next step for Russia is to send few nuke experts to Iran to make sure they know how to easily make a few nukes

Or how about this

Russia could send Taliban crapload of weapons and tell them, have a nice war buds

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
The military apparatus has to be oiled and ready right?

I say let's nuke the whole world and get it all over with , to start from scratch . We neanderthal monkeys are never going to learn to coexist!

You took the words out of my mouth...so to speak

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tomcat415
Remember the Budapest memorandum where if Ukraine gave up there nukes the US UK France would help if Russia invades so your saying once given your oath and signed it you let the Ukraine die

Does memorandum include spending money to organize revolution and install puppet government, which is what US did.

Just wondering if memorandum deals with that kind of attack

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I am not surprised you don't know US elite did business with Hitler as he was preparing for war

This is history

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
They recently screwed over Belarus...
They screwed over India with the joint development of their 5th generation fighter. India wont get technical info as required and wont see their first plane until a decade from now.

The Budapest agreement...
The legislation that handed Crimea over to Ukraine from the 1950's...

This mess is all Putins making... The Russians and their supporters are in denial.

None of this is true, don't bother with western spin MSM articles

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Between sending troopers for training purposes, and talk of arms being shipped.
Russia said it would be an act of war.

Now breaking. Putin is calling for a cease-fire in eastern Ukraine as of midnight Saturday...
there's no way Putin is folding? Could he?

Does anyone know why?

Do you guys follow the news ?

What kind of news do you follow ?

Germany France Ukraine and Russia are meeting in Minsk and 80% done with new agreements

This is super old news

News anyone ?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

Germany France Ukraine and Russia are meeting in Minsk and 80% done with new agreements

This is super old news

News anyone ?

Actually what was being referenced by that poster just happened..
Let's see you prove otherwise.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
well good luck with that, if the US put troops in , there will go going back , it will mean war .

The US is going to destroy Europe if it can and in doing so it will become the most despised nation in the world
they are hated by the middle east already , do they really want Europe to join that club .

i really hope that the UK government can see sense and distance them selves from the US war machine
the UK is part of Europe and Europeans should stick together , the US has no right to interfere in Europe .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Between sending troopers for training purposes, and talk of arms being shipped.
Russia said it would be an act of war.

Now breaking. Putin is calling for a cease-fire in eastern Ukraine as of midnight Saturday...
there's no way Putin is folding? Could he?

Does anyone know why?

Do you guys follow the news ?

What kind of news do you follow ?

This is super old news

News anyone ?

As you ask on the new peace thread. The news broke of a cease-fire on fox news.
Non of the news outlets here in the U.S. ever mentioned Putin was folding.
Only I ask that question. The timing is weired to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
a reply to: EternalSolace

So is that another 600 (para)troopers ?

23 April 2014

The United States has announced an operation to deploy 600 troops to Poland and Baltic states ahead of the upcoming military drills

voanews source
sputnik news source

Why exactly 600 ?

Rather stupid move, so i hope this is misinfo, since current talks about Ukraine and Russia is going on.

There is a diffrence.

Poland and the Baltic are not active war zones.

A deployment there is basically a nice European holiday for the troops.

A deployment to Ukraine is a deployment into a active war zone and could very well lead to mission creep and dead bodies.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tomcat415
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Remember the Budapest memorandum where if Ukraine gave up there nukes the US UK France would help if Russia invades so your saying once given your oath and signed it you let the Ukraine die

Yes if the person doing the invading has 10,000 nukes to turn any country that interferes into glass.

Rather lose honor and survive than do the honorable thing and be turned into radioactive glass.

Ukraine should have:
Kept its nukes
or
Joined NATO

They didnt. So sucks to be them.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

As you ask on the new peace thread. The news broke of a cease-fire on fox news.

If Fox New's ran a story that an egg was broken somewhere I wouldnt believe them, even if they had footage!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

If Fox New's ran a story that an egg was broken somewhere I wouldnt believe them, even if they had footage!

That's nice and all but a quick search pulls up any news source you may want. Including the Germans who were at the Minsk talks tweeting about it.

BBC
NBC
New York Times
USA Today

DEAL:

1) An immediate and comprehensive cease-fire in some areas of Donetsk and Lugansk regions of Ukraine and its strict implementation starting at 00 h. 00 min. (Kyiv time) February 15, 2015.

2)The withdrawal of all heavy weapons by both parties at equal distances in order to create a security zone

3)Ensure effective monitoring and verification of the ceasefire and the withdrawal of heavy weapons from the first day of the OSCE withdrawal

4)On the first day after the withdrawal to begin a dialogue on the modalities of the local elections in accordance with Ukrainian law and the Law of Ukraine

5)Provide pardons and amnesties by the enactment of a law prohibiting the prosecution and punishment of persons in connection with the events that took place in some areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions of Ukraine

6) Ensure that the release and exchange of hostages and illegally detained persons based on the principle of "all for all

7)Provide secure access, delivery, storage and distribution of humanitarian assistance to the needy on the basis of an international mechanism

.... Continued HERE
edit on 12-2-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

I cannot see any advantage for the USA in interfering in the Ukraine so it seems possible that this is really a means of getting putin's attention away from Syria and the Iranian pipeline - which is what all the fuss is about I suspect behind the scenes.

I doubt cameron will be able to deny obama's demand for interference in the Ukraine but whether our parliament will be interested in backing his war yearnings, as well as the public, in yet another expensive waste of cash with the cuts in public spending is unlikely.

What I simply don't understand is that Russia trades quite happily with EU countries and they with it. so why would there be any problem with the Ukraine dealing with the western countries also? It seems to be very much more sinister all this warmongering with ever more civilians getting slaughtered. Surely its easier all round if the folk that want to stay Russian in Crimea etc do just that otherwise you have a 5th column working against your government all the time which breeds terrorism.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The 600 US troops, 1 Battalion, are going into Ukraine to train with 3 Battalions from Ukraine. It is likely US training help to start/rejuvenate Ukraine 'special forces' that were lacking in training for many years. In this case Paratroopers.

The training is far enough West of the conflict that there is no chance of engagement with Russian forces not so secretly operating in Ukraine.

Ukraine could likely benefit greatly in a conflict with Russians in East Ukraine having the ability to deploy behind enemy front lines. Paratroopers could be deployed to overwhelm a front line and change a static battlefront to a dynamic one. As Russia is relying heavily on artillery paratroopers could threaten those positions as well.

The US has been spending months evaluating Ukraine's armed forces and determining critical weaknesses. They have jointly developed a military strategy with Ukraine on the expected combat style against Russia. Training paratroopers takes extra time but is incredibly useful for Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

I am not surprised you don't know US elite did business with Hitler as he was preparing for war

This is history

As did elite from the UK....

and the swiss....

The actions of private individuals and companies does not represent a government position. Since we were neutral we treated each side as is.

Germany started WWII because of western appeasement.

So, again, get your facts straight.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

Then refute those facts.. Simply claiming they are not true does not make it so.

* - Belarus
Belarusian leader issues tough warning to Moscow

Last month, he accused Moscow of damaging Belarus' economic interests with moves to restrict exports to Russia, which he said violated the rules of the Eurasian Economic Union, a grouping that comprises Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.

On Thursday, Lukashenko warned that if the agreements on forming the alliance aren't observed, "we reserve the right to leave the union."

Belarus, sandwiched between Russia and European Union members Poland and Lithuania, has profited handsomely from Moscow's ban on imports of EU food in retaliation to Western sanctions against Russia by boosting imports of food from the EU nations and reselling the food to Russia.

The Russian authorities have retaliated by restricting imports of Belarus' own milk and meat and banning transit of Belarusian food bound for Kazakhstan through its territory on suspicion that much of it ended up in Russia.

* - India
India is mad at Russia for withholding info on fifth-generation stealth fighter jets

But as the delivery date approaches, Russia’s relationship with India has suffered due to repeated delays and technical shortfalls, as well as Russia's unwillingness, claim Indian officials, to share vital details concerning the aircraft’s development.

“With India already having paid $295 million for the preliminary design and development costs, Russian unwillingness to share design information on the aircraft is not being received well in New Delhi," Monika Chansoria, senior fellow at the Centre for Land Warfare Studies think tank in New Delhi, told Defense News.

According to Chansoria, there has been a great deal of disenchantment in Indian military circles with the repeated delays and lack of cooperation from Russia, which may see India have to wait upwards of 10 years to have its own working version of the T-50.

* - Putins mess
Putin acknowledges Russian military serviceman were in Crimea

Russian President Vladimir Putin has acknowledged that Russian troops were present in Crimea before the referendum and argued that was necessary to let Crimeans make the choice on the future of the region.

The armed men in military uniform without insignia, dubbed “the little green men” or “the polite people,” who were present in Crimea before and during the referendum there, were Russian troops, Vladimir Putin acknowledged speaking at a Q&A session with on Thursday. The president said he never concealed the fact from his foreign counterparts, and explained to them that it was the only way to ensure the referendum on the region’s status would be carried out peacefully.

Sending in armed military units into a foreign nation and seizing its territory is an invasion. The Russians seized Crimea before any "vote" of independence of Crimea and before any "vote" to join Russia.

The supposed "will of the people" came AFTER the fact.

I am sorry if you don't like the truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

A deployment to Ukraine is a deployment into a active war zone and could very well lead to mission creep and dead bodies.

That's exactly what I fear will happen should this actually take place next month. I don't foresee this ceasefire lasting very long.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: crazyewok

That's exactly what I fear will happen should this actually take place next month. I don't foresee this ceasefire lasting very long.

US should send forces to NATO country's such as Poland ect.

Its no risk to them and gives there troops some oversea experience that is not going to kill them.

Sending them to Ukraine however is asking for trouble.e

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I dont think the right wing in Ukraine will accept autonomy and immunity for eastern Ukraine and Putin knows this quite well.

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Sending in armed military units into a foreign nation and seizing its territory is an invasion. The Russians seized Crimea before any "vote" of independence of Crimea and before any "vote" to join Russia.

The supposed "will of the people" came AFTER the fact.

So it was an act of humanitarian aid and peacekeeping, supporting a regime change.

Does that sound better?

edit on 13-2-2015 by greyhat because: .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join