It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Joe Vee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don�t know if any of you have ever run across the Professor Joe Vee before.

www.theaviationforum.com...

An interesting character. I am going to see if I can entice him to come here and share his stories with us.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is it just me, all do those photo's of the plane look photoshopped? The clear part is too fuzzy round the edges compared to the rest of the plane, and why on earth would they install the clear parts? It says to observe passenger comfort, but surely that's impossible from the ground, and being powered by people, as it supposedly is, shouldn't they just tell them? Plus it says something about a 3rd propellor at the rear, which isn't in the photo, to "bleed off excess power". Highly suspicious. I'd be impressed if those people can power an aircraft that large. The seperate engine pods just don't make sense. I say fake.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The only picture I can see on this site is of a hand drawn airplane that, quite frankly, looks worse than some I've seen drawn by 2nd or 3rd graders.

What's the point of this?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Its all a joke. Isn't it?

The photo's are of a SAAB 2000 turboprop airliner that have been suitably modified to fit in with the fiction.

The only pedal plane I am aware of working was the Paul McCready Gossamer Condor/Albatross project of about 1977-79 that was pedalled successfully across the English Channel.

When you look at how light that aircraft had to be in order to fly by pedal power you can see just how ridiculous that whole Joe Vee thing really is.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That's funny. I like how when he hasn't had time or energy to finish part of the site he says the Dept. of defence is blocking it! You'd have thunk they'd get rid of those weighty engines on the saab to counter the significant mass of the huge load bearing window on the side.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think this can be summed up with a

A funny idea indeed, this is plain lazy hoax. Thats some of the worst photoshopping EVER. And as above, wouldn't they have *removed* the engines?

Ah well, A good laugh.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teh_Gerbil
I think this can be summed up with a

A funny idea indeed, this is plain lazy hoax. Thats some of the worst photoshopping EVER. And as above, wouldn't they have *removed* the engines?

Well maybe the engines were left there, so when they got tired, the engines could take over

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A top level athlete can produce maybe 0.4 horsepower. Simple math and physics shows this guy is bonkers - that Saab has 2x4152 shaft horsepower engines to get ~30,000 lbs off the ground. Yeah right....

Gott luv the "DoD" is keeping me from from doing stuff and he goes from a hokey drawing to getting the funding to actually convert the plane - and only has a couple of cheesy looking pictures - jeeze....

new topics

top topics

join