It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Won't Back Rand Paul's Audit the Fed Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Gryphon66

You missed my point completely, she says Big Phama cannot be trusted, then referred to their own studies on the safety of vaccines as trustworthy.

... but that's not what you said in your last post. Here, let me remind you:

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

She's afraid of nothing. If a Republican was in the White House she would be all over it. This same fool was always critical of Big Pharma until just recently, now she is totally on board with them and their vaccines.

You stated that Senator Warren was "completely on board" with Big Pharma which is patently untrue.

Vaccinations are common sense, but are also off-topic here.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I dont understand, It is audited, and releases a weekly balance sheet even the OP can look at, what kind of new audit does he want?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The Federal Reserve is audited by the General Accounting Office and independent auditors.

I tend to agree with the idea that the US Government is involved in perpetual war; Eisenhower was right.

I know of no one who knows anything about economics that has ever claimed that only government creates jobs; that's asinine.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's no secret why Warren opposes auditing the fed.

Her villain is Wall Streets, and the Bankers.

Not the thing that prints fiat money, and controls every financial instrument in this country.

Warren is as transparent as they come.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You know, the real real real audit ... probably based on Biblical Finance Principles or Tea Party Math or something... (humor and facetiousness)

It's a stunt, a political stunt.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Not the thing that prints fiat money, and controls every financial instrument in this country.

The Federal Reserve system is and has been audited. It is a non-issue.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

A lot of people become outraged and don't don't read into facts. The Pauls are the Pied Pipers for Libertarians.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I dont understand, It is audited, and releases a weekly balance sheet even the OP can look at, what kind of new audit does he want?

The Federal Reserve was created by the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. It's this countries central bank.

The only bank allowed to print money in this country.

That money comes from nothing.

The federal reserve created money that then charges the bankers interest who in turn charge people interest on loans, and mortgages etc.

The Federal Reserve makes money off of bankers,and us from absolutely NOTHING.

They artficially control the interest rates of EVERYTHING. That can easily be seen in keeping them low so that checking accounts,savings accounts, and money makerts accounts, an cds all pay exactly jack snip.

What that does is make the stock market look more attractive artificially inflating it.

There is a lot of snip the FEDERAL RESERVE does that needs exposed.
edit on 12-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Then why has Sanders, and Rands father been trying to audit it forever eh?

link   
If the average person understood the scheme of the Federal Reserve and the IRS (and every other central bank in the world), it would all come crashing down in a matter of hours.
Remember, it took something like five tries to get the central banking system to stick here in the US. Too many people knew what it was, and they tore it down. Now it's been running for about a hundred years here in the US, and has more or less destroyed us.

If it were to become common knowledge what they were doing, it would stop- Immediately and permanently. Money would have no real value pretty much instantly, equalizing us all as humans.

Of course, no need for money pretty much kills incentive for people to keep doing their jobs, since just about nobody has a job that actually makes sense anymore. No jobs means hospitals, police stations, fire services, garbage collection, etc all fail- overnight.
With no real incentive to keep it up, sewage treatment, electricity, natural gas, etc would all go away quickly after.
Food, fuel, and even water disappear overnight in any place that doesn't produce these things.

Entire cities would burn to the ground, and the wold population would be down by half in a matter of weeks.

Auditing the Fed really is a "Dangerous" thing to do- It's a global powergrab scam that has corrupted our world at every level. If we exposed it, it wouldn't function- and its collapse brings imminent death for a whole lot of people who depend on these shenanigans just to eat.

Having said that, bring it on. I'm not ready, but the longer we drag this out the worse it will be in the end.

link   
a reply to: neo96

I know the history.
And that is a lot of words that don't explain what OTHER audit you want.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

And a lot of people choose only to accept those "facts" which confirm their existing belief system ... thus you see routine attempts to discredit any information sources that don't repeat the same cant ...

Let's deal with rationality, evidence and established facts rather than vapidity, sloganism and belief-based nonsense.

I seem to remember that the Pied Piper turned out not to be everything he was cracked up to be ... didn't he sell his services to the highest bidder?

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Then why has Sanders, and Rands father been trying to audit it forever eh?

You'll have to ask them; I don't pretend to know what other people think and believe sans their statements.

The fact that the Fed is audited is clear, citation above in the thread for your reference.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I don't disagree with you about the illusory nature of "money" and/or "banknotes"... but that hardly begins and ends with the Federal Reserve (in fact, try starting with the Templars and continue on through Banks Too Big to Fail and Wall Street for the full history of fake financial instruments.)

Also, the Federal Reserve is and has been audited, as demonstrated clearly and multiple times over here.
edit on 11Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:13:00 -060015p112015266 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I know the history.

Because NO ONE knows how much they really make, and WHERE that money ends up.

It's amazing that there are some people on here that think they FED is above congressional over sight.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Let me say this in a language the Federal Reserve defenders can understand.

The Federal Reserve is the most dangerous, most powerful BANK in the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You know since coming to ATS I had all the outrage against the FR. I STILL have issue with a currency not backed by gold and there are no doubt shady activities as that is the nature of the evll banking world, but most of the other stuff is mythical.

I may do a thread on what the FR actually is. FACT based. Though I may end up being the most hated person ATS

It is NOT privately owned.
Is IS audited.

The Federal Reserve system is an imperfect, but rather innovative clearinghouse.
Its structure as "independent within the government" rather than "independent OF government." make it hard to work out who owns it, but if you read more than the conspiracy theorists books that came out in the 80s and 9os we can see it is a CLEARING HOUSE. The author Mullins created this Jekyl Island myth that overseas private bankers own the fed and it is not audited.

I think it’s easier to think of the Fed as a public/private hybrid and not really being “owned” by anyone.

"One thing that muddies this discussion on “ownership” is the issuance of stock by the regional Fed banks to the member banks. This stock pays a fixed 6% dividend and gives the banks a claim on the Fed’s annual profits. "
94% of "profit" went BACK to the US treasury.

Last year the Fed earned $90.5B. Of this, $1.6B was paid out in dividends. The remaining $88B was remitted back to the US Treasury. While the US Treasury doesn’t technically own shares in the Federal Reserve the Fed is required to remit its profits at the end of the year back to the Federal Government. As you can see, remittance often dwarfs any dividends paid back to the banks.

www.businessinsider.com...

In other words, the US Treasury is the recipient of most of the Fed’s profits

If anyone wants to read non hysterical facts on the FR the quoted article is a good start.

edit on 12-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I know the history.

It's amazing that there are some people on here that think they FED is above congressional over sight.

So you are saying there IS NO AUDIT.
The balance sheet weekly is a lie?

What AUDIT do you want?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Federal Reserve System Financial Statements

Federal Reserve System Audited Annual Financial Statements

Board of Governors - Reports To Congress

Reports TO CONGRESS include ...

Annual Report (linked just above)
Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) Report
Monetary Policy Report
Quarterly Report on Federal Reserve Balance Sheet
Other Reports

Facts really are much more satisfying than empty rhetoric, no?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I know the history.

So you are saying there IS NO AUDIT.
The balance sheet weekly is a lie?

What AUDIT do you want?

All government accounting is a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join