It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ban On Interstate Handgun Sales ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Judge O’Connor ruled that the ban on interstate handgun sales violated “the Second Amendment and the Fifth Amendment’s Due Process Clause.”

The provisions of the ban are therefore unconstitutional
Judge Nixes Federal Interstate Sales Ban

-
OPINION:

The MORE attempts to Remove-Gun-Rights

ALSO ... EQUATES-TO:

The MORE Gun-Sales.

( i.e. quit mess'n with the ... 'basic-rights' )

edit on 11-2-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Chalk up another loss for Eric Holder !!!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Formerly one could order a handgun from out of state and ship to an FFL licensee in state of residence for transfer.

Now one can do so in another state but still must do transfer through an FFL licensee for transfer.

Not a big change here, just common sense. Still have to have a state issued carry permit or pass background check.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Excellent news!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Does not do much for calif with there handgun safety check laws.

In calif handguns have to be tested by the state to see if they meet state safety rules.

This testing is done by every make and modal.

One 1911 will pass, but every maker has to test every modal of 1911 they want to sell in calif.

it cost about $5000 to get a gun approved.

And a blued 1911 from a maker can pass but if the same maker makes it in nickel plated it has to be tested again.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Excellent.

"They" took rights away incrementally and we can take them back incrementally.

One of the next big fights will be challenging laws against suppressors. They somehow ended up regulated by NFA '34 but nobody can figure out the justification. The last few cases that ended up in court concluded with a judge saying "someone should look into why suppressors were regulated in the first place."

Many countries encourage the use of suppressors to cut down on noise pollution.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Not sure how this would have any effect on me. I can catalog-order any type of hand gun from most anywhere....have it shipped to a FFL dealer here in Michigan and be on my way with the gun.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Not sure how this would have any effect on me. I can catalog-order any type of hand gun from most anywhere....have it shipped to a FFL dealer here in Michigan and be on my way with the gun.

The biggest positive changes will be for people who have recently moved or who spend a lot of time outside their home state.

2 scenarios:

1) A guy just moved from Texas to Montana and wants to buy a handgun for self-defense. With the previous law, he could not walk into a gun store and buy a handgun with his Texas ID. He would have to wait until he acquired his Montana ID to buy a handgun in a store.

2) Your job requires you to spend substantial amounts of time in another state. If you wake up one day and decide that you want a new Glock because your company put you up in a shady hotel, you can't just head down to the gun store and buy one.

I have a feeling that the above scenarios are the primary reasons the judge ruled the law unconstitutional. The law effectively eliminates a person's 2nd Amendment right just because they aren't in their state of residence.
edit on 2/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Thanks very much for the explanation. I get it now. Thanks
MS

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's my understanding that supressors ended up regulated by the nfa not because they were used in crimes like the tommy gun, but because during the Depression people were using them to take game clandestinely on rich folks property.

new topics

top topics

join