It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman called 911, reported abuse after shooting Dallas officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is so incredibly sad. It piques my imagination to wonder what she just couldn't get past that she'd leave her little girl behind. Was she just convinced she'd fry for killing the PoS boyfriend? Did she know there was some other consequence, worse than death (non-government sanctioned retaliation something)? It's killing me, and we'll never know.

I originally read this on FreeThoughtProject, but I wasn't sure if a link from there is going to net me automatic derision from the quality control nags. Even here, most seem to prefer Name Brand News.

Tuttle's girlfriend, 42-year-old Otto Machelle Thomas, called 911 and confessed to shooting him before taking her own life.

“She replied, ‘He was getting ready to hit me again and I just went off,'” said Assistant Chief Randy Blankenbaker with the Dallas Police Department. “‘I killed him because he was going to hit me again.'”

Dallas police say officers tried to prevent the woman's suicide, but were too late. SWAT officers were en route to the apartment when Thomas called 911 again.

“As officers were arriving at the scene at approximately 6:18 p.m., Ms. Thomas called 911 a second time. During this call, patrol officers can be heard repeatedly giving commands to Ms. Thomas to put the gun away and unlock the door.”

Police say she left the window, telling them she was going to unlock the door when they heard a muffled gunshot.

Officers found Thomas and 40-year-old Tuttle dead inside, and Thomas' 6-year-old daughter unhurt in a bedroom.

It's unclear if the child witnessed the horrific incident.

Source

edit on 17u1305pmb15America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can't imagine leaving my kids for any reason, but for some, the pain is just too much. In the passion of the moment, they just want to Get Away from what is hurting them, even if there is no way back. When she snapped, I would bet her daughter was not on her mind, just a single minded determination not to be hit again.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Poor kid

One heck of an event to have to go through.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

that is very sad , to be in so much anguish and pain that she thought it was her only escape.

can you explain for the none american's what is a pos .

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Either way she had lost her child,,,,for a good long time probably, maybe for good......
Sad hardly covers it.......

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

That term cannot be explained fully, because the last letter stands for a swear word involving faeces. That said, you might be able to work it out for yourself using that clue!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Oh, I'm sorry. It's a euphemism for a piece of feces. I'm sure you can guess now

edit on 170000000905pmb15America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
First question, albeit cold, some rationale is required in these types of situations. Was there any real sign of physical abuse by the boyfriend? Or did she really just get pissed off for something else, lost control, and came up with that story to make it all his fault?

You know, like 99% of women do nowadays... It's always the men's fault.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sadness for sure, desparation for sure, but do we really know all the facts here? To the point of convicting anyone posthumously? Nope.
edit on 2/11/2015 by ~Lucidity because: deleted extra word...soz

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ha ha yes i see i must be a bit slow , thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Watch the video at the link, or read the full story. Sorta strange circumstances... The officer was married and had a son, the woman was recently homeless and might have been just living with him after he tried to help her, or who knows, maybe he just had her stay over a couple nights to help her for whatever reason. Who really knows.

Maybe she had a sleep walking episode, or some wicked flashbacks to a man who used to beat her and she shot the officer with his own weapon or something.

Really not enough information to come to any conclusion here.

new topics

top topics

join