It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis in Theater shout,” Just shoot him!”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Indigo5
Holy crap! ...and that is just a SMALL sampling of the Bible..

And yet somehow I don't see the average Christian as blood thirsty?

Now explain to me why you think Muslims are?

For one thing, they don't consider the bible a "perfect document" and they are allowed to discuss a variety of interpretations without being flogged. And that's what you get when you actually are a muslim.

WTF? Who is "They"??? Ever hear of Evangelicals? The ones that think Dinosaurs are a hoax?

I don't think that word means what you think it does.

evangelical
adjective evan·gel·i·cal ˌē-ˌvan-ˈje-li-kəl, ˌe-vən-
: of or relating to a Christian sect or group that stresses the authority of the Bible, the importance of believing that Jesus Christ saved you personally from sin or hell, and the preaching of these beliefs to other people

Not all evangelicals think dinosaurs are a hoax.

I was engaged to an Evangelical woman for 1.5 years...Attended her church, spent time with her family.

They whole-heartedly believed, as did their church, that the science surrounding evolution, the age of the earth and dinosaurs themselves (fossils, science et al) were a constructed hoax by anti-religious scientists.

...And why wouldn't they?

For effs sake...EVANGELICALS #1 Tenant..

1. Bible. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God; without error as originally written. Its content has been preserved by Him, and is the final authority in all matters of doctrine and faith-above all human authority.

www.evangelicalbeliefs.com...

Now please...carry on about how Evangelicals don't take the bible seriously...

The difference is that neither Christians or Jews practice stoning, or some of the more severe things mentioned in the OT.

I think what you mean to say is that people YOU consider Christians do not practice "stoning, or some of the more severe things mentioned "????????? (An identical view the vast majority Muslims would employ about Islamic Terrorists)

Cuz plenty of people who believe themselves to be devout Christians practice these things every day.

Not just Lone Wolf Christian Extremists in the USA shooting doctors or bombing clinics...

There is the Lords Resistance Army looking to create a nation based on the ten commandments and unleashing regular horrors ... "including murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery, and forcing children to participate in hostilities."
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Resistance_Army

edit on 12-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Indigo5

Ahem. First of all. the OT is directed toward the hebrews it even says so if you read it carefully who its for.

Oh...So God just thought bloodlust and murdering men, women and children en masse was a good idea THEN and just with the HEBREWS? Then what? He saw a therapist and reformed himself?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: Swills
Wow, this thread went from Iraqi's watching American Sniper to all Muslims want to kill the non believers, gays, Jews, etc.

Once I read all of page 2 I almost forget what the OP was about.

Yes, it did. All muslims do want to kill non believers, gays, and punish jews and christians with the jizya, as well as behead apostates.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: greencmp

No, the religion of Islam requires that observant followers kill or convert all non-muslims.

No it doesn't so please stop spreading that lie. Both Christian and Jews have been living in Muslim nations for centuries and they haven't been forced to convert. Even the Jews in Iran would rather live with the Muslims than to move to Israel.

You are wrong, read the damn thing so we can have an informed discussion.

Informed discussion? Go spend some time and effort and read it before making baseless comments.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Apparently, you should read it too. Though, I admire the moxie it takes to be so adamant that someone else should do what you have clearly not.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I did read the whole thing. In fact, I read it everyday.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If you truly read it everyday (it is certainly short enough to do that, though, I imagine it would get tiresome to spend those hours every day), the only remaining explanation is that you are lying.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If you truly read it everyday (it is certainly short enough to do that, though, I imagine it would get tiresome to spend those hours every day)

An hour a day isn't tiresome

the only remaining explanation is that you are lying.

Really?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

If you truly read it everyday (it is certainly short enough to do that, though, I imagine it would get tiresome to spend those hours every day)

An hour a day isn't tiresome

the only remaining explanation is that you are lying.

Really?

An hour? I guess you have the Cliff's notes edition, no wonder.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well now that is interesting.

For a bunch of people that is suppose to hate us for illegally invading them.

I think that is a generalization, there are many like myself, that won't bother to see the film.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

originally posted by: buster2010

No, the religion of Islam requires that observant followers kill or convert all non-muslims.

No it doesn't so please stop spreading that lie. Both Christian and Jews have been living in Muslim nations for centuries and they haven't been forced to convert. Even the Jews in Iran would rather live with the Muslims than to move to Israel.

You are wrong, read the damn thing so we can have an informed discussion.

Informed discussion? Go spend some time and effort and read it before making baseless comments.

Alright. I've held my tongue long enough, reading how my OP has been hijacked!
For those muslims who know your koran, do these following quotes differ from your koran?

KORAN commands to kill infidels: Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98 On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161 Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191 Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39 Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216 (different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you. ..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43 If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8 You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71 Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74 Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76 But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89 Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14 O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54 Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39 O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65 It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67 Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3 When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5 Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28 Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute. Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41 O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73 Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111 Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation: Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers.... As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15 Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60 Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14 When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4 (different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly. Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5 Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25 Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29 Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9 The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Now back on topic.
There are Muslims, in Baghdad, that fear ISIS. They SUPPORT the United effort in getting rid of the radicals (Al-Quida, ISIS et al) that are trying to take over their country! And they obviously want peace, and find comfort and strength in a movie that reflects resolve!
OP derailleurs and trolls attacking in 5...4...3...2..

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

It really is part of the religion to misinform and dissemble in order to obfuscate the true nature and intention of the 'faith'.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

no you're right they have no water and live in huts the movie is shown on abiib's smartphone and they huddle around
edit on 13-2-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Yup, the vast majority of Muslims, are just like you and me.

~Tenth

I guess the reaction depends on wether Sunnis or Shiites were watching with one of them seeing the Americans as liberators and the others well, they were the ones why we had iraq 2 .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs...Indigo5..Anymore thoughts or comments?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I'm just wondering if you think Iraqis who have suffered casualties from the 2003 Iraq war and the subsequent ISIS violence that erupted from it would feel as you do about this subject?

Do you think they would share some type of nationalistic pride watching a movie that centers around the losses and pain they've endured?

What about those who have actually lost their lives over this never-ending conflict? Would they agree?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
What about those who have actually lost their lives over this never-ending conflict? Would they agree?

Since they are dead, I have no way of knowing if they would agree or not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join