It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS under a spotlight for freezing assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As if the crap being pulled by the IRS wasn't enough when they were targeting the administrations critics essentially stealing the last election. They sink that bar lower, and target gun dealers. Without due process, or charge of criminal activity. Imagine being a business owner, and your accounts seized because the state considers you and enemy of the state. Simply because being a gun dealer. One of the most heavliy regulated business's in this country. I wonder how many other people the gestapo IRS has done this too.

“Whether or not it is within the law, it is wrong to, without any criminal evidence, seize somebody’s property,” New York Democrat Charles Rangel fumed. “Common sense and decency says that when the Congress screws up, we expect you people to come back and say this is not working.”

Source

Is that right Rangel ?

Sure don't have a problem seizing rich people's money because the mob opinion says it's ok. Without a charge of criminal wrong doing or their day in a court of law.

The IRS needs to be abolished, and that practice of asset seizure needs to end, Hell it's not even the job of the IRS.

Koskinen can shove his apology, and return the property, and others back to them. Basically the IRS get's to do whatever it wants, and say their sorry, and everthing will be peachy keen.

Same damn thing they did with targeting the administrations critics, and now this!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and the IRS is corrupt as they come, no matter what that delusional guy going around saying there wasn't a smidgen of corruption there.

ABOLISH the IRS!
edit on 11-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This is the progressive mindset in a nutshell. They put the rights of the masses over the rights of the individual. When you do this societies fall apart at the seems. Look at Europe........Look. They are a hot mess about to fall apart because they bought into this lie.

The US is not a democracy...........This is a fact........Republic ruled by law. And before anyone says this has nothing to do with the IRS you would be wrong. This is the root that allowed agencies like the IRS to take control. We no longer follow what the founding fathers wanted.
edit on 11-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Give me control of a country s money, and I care not, who makes the laws......

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: neo96
This is the progressive mindset in a nutshell. They put the rights of the masses over the rights of the individual.

And since we know that masses do not have rights, only individuals do, we can rightly conclude that they fully intend to eliminate all rights.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Best advertisement for why we need to totally scrap the income tax altogether.

It has been used for corruption and to punish, that has been proven; and this administration has been the worst offender.

I still believe we should entirely do away with income and corporate tax and go entirely to a national sales tax.

That would be the most fair to everyone. In countries that have it, the poor can apply for a sales tax "refund" based on their income, a sort of reverse income tax.

edit on 3Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:56:23 -0600pm21102pmk113 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think all US business owners should not report cash sales at all anymore. That's where this is coming from. Those who make deposits just below reportable levels and that is what is drawing the attention of the IRS. It's time to just keep cash in a safe somewhere and leave the government out of it. If it were up to me that is what I would do. Overall the whole tax code in this country needs to be scrapped along with the IRS. They are going after more than just the firearms industry but it does appear to be their main goal. Along with Operation Choke Point the firearms industry is under attack from all angles.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: usmc0311
I think all US business owners should not report cash sales at all anymore. That's where this is coming from. Those who make deposits just below reportable levels and that is what is drawing the attention of the IRS. It's time to just keep cash in a safe somewhere and leave the government out of it. If it were up to me that is what I would do. Overall the whole tax code in this country needs to be scrapped along with the IRS. They are going after more than just the firearms industry but it does appear to be their main goal. Along with Operation Choke Point the firearms industry is under attack from all angles.

Most people I know have limited their productivity rather than donate their hard earned cash to the IRS. That strategy is self-defeating but, completely safe.

Until we can deprecate the whole agency, the best we can do is have a national tax strike.

I am watching this Koskinen character right now and he is maintaining that they are working night and day but, still can't recover the emails.

The looks from everyone are priceless.

C-SPAN3 live

I like how the committee is actually called "Government Fraud and Abuse" but on air it is changed to "Government Waste and Inefficiency".

I kid you not.
edit on 11-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join